ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Countries & Processing time

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vix95
Newly Registered

Countries & Processing time

Post by vix95 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:30 am

Hi, due to high number of application from India. the processing time is around 5-6 years.

I am from India but currenlty living in UK for last 13 months on work permit, can I apply from UK.

Any information on this.

thanks

voiceofreason
Newly Registered

Post by voiceofreason » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:09 am

Yes you can. You may apply from your home country of from a country that you have been legally admitted to for a period of at least 1 yr

Richter

Post by Richter » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:52 am

If you apply through UK surely the background checks in India will take much longer so timewise, probably not much in it?

kal

Post by kal » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:24 am

HI friends,

What is the current processing time if we apply from UK now.

Pls reply

Thanks

Kal

vix95
Newly Registered

Post by vix95 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:52 am

Richter, Still it will not be 5-6 years for Canada.... I heard its about 6-12 months, if we are not applying from India.

kal

Post by kal » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:23 pm

Hi Richter,

Do U know any one who applied for Canadian Immigration from UK recently and have got the visa stamped?? how long did it took.

One of my frined who applied from India and had got his things done, advised me that these days the applications are being processed in a short time compared to the normal processing time on the website.

pls advice,
vix95 wrote:Richter, Still it will not be 5-6 years for Canada.... I heard its about 6-12 months, if we are not applying from India.

vix95
Newly Registered

Post by vix95 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:35 pm

Hi Kal, How much did it take for your friend ??

kal

Post by kal » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:13 pm

Hi Vix95, well he applied from India, so was around 5yrs.

however his frineds who applied one year later to him got the papers before him
vix95 wrote:Hi Kal, How much did it take for your friend ??

Richter

Post by Richter » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:29 pm

If you applied through London before the introduction of the simplified application process for skilled worker on 1st September 2006 you would be looking at around three years from application to visa.

If you applied after introduction of simplified application you will get an AOR quoting 42 - 48 months before they look at your application, add on another year for processing and predicted timeframe for getting visa (straightforward case) is around five years.

Reason for this is 46 per cent increase in applications since introduction of simplified application process and lowering of points to 67. This has caused major backlog of applications and only a certain number of visas issued each year.

Interesting to note however that no simplified applications have got as far as processing yet. CHC is currently working on old-style applications submitted in April 2005.

We applied June 07 and had AOR five weeks later stating they would contact us 42 - 48 months time. This is what everyone is getting at the moment.

Vix95 - 6 - 12 months is the timeframe for work permits with arranged employment, not permanent residency without job to go to?

TRV

Post by TRV » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:34 pm

Hi I am indian, applied in London. AOR date is in May 2005, still waiting to even start the process...I will be looking at one more year atleast...There is no way anyone can get PR in 6-12 months, unless it is Temporary Resident under work permit and LMO options...

rely

Re: Countries & Processing time

Post by rely » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:50 am

vix95 wrote:Hi, due to high number of application from India. the processing time is around 5-6 years.

I am from India but currenlty living in UK for last 13 months on work permit, can I apply from UK.

Any information on this.

thanks
CURRENTLY FROM INDIA IT TAKES 65 MONTHS TO GET INTERVIEW LETTER.AFTER INTERVIEW ADD ANOTHER AT LEAST 6 MONTHS TO GET VISA.
FROM UP IT TAKES 48 MONTHS ADD ANOTHER 6 MONTHS FOR REST OF THE FORMALITIES TO BE COMPLETED.
Rely

rajaijah
Newly Registered

Post by rajaijah » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:17 pm

I am from India studying PhD in the US. I am planning to apply for PR in canada. I figured out I should do it from Buffalo, NY which means have to do regular and not simplified version. does anyone know how long it takes now to get it.

Also how do i get police certificate from india. can I do it from here through indian embassy in US or should i go to india or someone in india can do it (my parents)

I have a masters from india. does the teaching experience (TA) in the university I am doing my PhD count towards experience? Does the research I do for my phd count as experience.

thanks guys

TRV

Post by TRV » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:20 pm

You can apply for PCC (police clearance certificate) at the Indian Embassy at the present country of stay. You should be legal in that country and take your valid india passport and any relevant identity dicuments with you. Also visit Indian embassy webpage for more details.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:19 am

hello rajaijah..

recently i moved to UK.. before i was working for a vancover based company but abroad not in vanvouver..

to be on safe side i opted to go for Police certificate even not requested by uk embassy...

so when i tried through my family to apply for me... my family was told that the person should be i person at the police commissioner officer and only after seeng the person the Commissioner will order for further enquiry... and it took me 2weeks to get my PCC...

so out of my experience i think u need to be in person... i applied from hyd, in ind..

ramesh