ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL OCTOBER APPLICANTS: POST HERE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

satheeshkumar

On HSMP application.

Post by satheeshkumar » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:40 am

Marrik
Thanks for your comments...

I need to get the language certificate from my UG university, and only then i can apply, so may be it will take another 15 days...

1. BTW, within how many days do we have to apply for EC once getting the hsmp approval? Likewise, whats the period for leaving for UK, once you get the EC? Just for my information...

2. Did you specifiy your salary details in the covering letter that you had enclosed with? Whats the best way of doing it?

3. I've got 1 year working experience in UK, though 2 years back. Still, will it make any sense if i provide my experience letter (from UK employer) under previous UK experience, under exceptional considerations, though not for claiming points?

4. And, what type of file did you use for sending it thro courier? Will any normal file will do, or any specific type like? :?

Wish you good luck for your EC.
Regards.

marrik wrote:

Satheesh,
1. I did not arrange for a courier pick up and got back all my documents both times (first time when hsmp was refused and second time when hsmp was approved)

2. Yes. I got the pay slips signed with a company seal as well from the HR though it was on a company letter head. I also got the company letter sealed by the HR.

3. I contacted a student from my batch who was working in the same city as my university and he managed to get the letter in 2 weeks.

4. I think hsmp is not a very difficult process hence can be done on our own.

When are you applying? All the best!

satheeshkumar wrote:Hi marrik
1. Did you get your docs back by courier or thro airmail? How safe is airmail you feel?

2. Also, did u send the pay slips with sign from HR, even though it was on a proper company letter format?

3. How much time it took for you to get the language certificate from your university?

4. Do you feel it make any difference to go via a representative, than doing it ourselves?

satheeshkumar

HSMP - Query

Post by satheeshkumar » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:55 am

Hi Marrik
One more query.

. I am over 32 years of age, so i will not be getting any point under that section. So, should i give any evidence for age section or not?

If i submit the notorised copy of my passport , i have given my name in the passport as Satheesh Kumar Madurai (Given name)
Sundaresan (Surname)

Now, in my payslip or bank account, my name is 'Satheesh Kumar Sundaresan'. I have given my Middle name as 'Madurai' which appears in the passport personal page... So will it cause any problem?

If so, will it not be better not to submit the passport copies? What do you feel?

Regards.

marrik wrote:Congrats Vidya!! :)

Satheesh,
1. I did not arrange for a courier pick up and got back all my documents both times (first time when hsmp was refused and second time when hsmp was approved)

2. Yes. I got the pay slips signed with a company seal as well from the HR though it was on a company letter head. I also got the company letter sealed by the HR.

3. I contacted a student from my batch who was working in the same city as my university and he managed to get the letter in 2 weeks.

4. I think hsmp is not a very difficult process hence can be done on our own.

When are you applying? All the best!

satheeshkumar wrote:Hi marrik
1. Did you get your docs back by courier or thro airmail? How safe is airmail you feel?

2. Also, did u send the pay slips with sign from HR, even though it was on a proper company letter format?

3. How much time it took for you to get the language certificate from your university?

4. Do you feel it make any difference to go via a representative, than doing it ourselves?

deep@19
Newly Registered

Courier help required from India

Post by deep@19 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi,

Is there anyone from India in the forum, I have tried to reach all the courier agencies in India (DHL, FEDEX, BLUEDART, UPS .....etc), All are ready to send but none of them is ready to pickup the documents back for me.

Does anyone knows of courier agency which also picks the docyments back?

Thanks in Advance!

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:07 am

DEEP@19

NONE!

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:30 am

Use MBE.

Hi CD, how's your application?

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:31 am

Hi,

Application send via Courier from Islamabad Pakistan: 17/10
Delivered: 23/10
CC charged: 23/10

Now waiting for ref no and decision.
Any idea how much time its gonna take for a decision? as they are now processing in received date order.

Thanks,
JD

deep@19
Newly Registered

Regarding Letter form Employer

Post by deep@19 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:48 am

Hi ,

As a proof for one of my employments, For the "letter from employer" , in the earning section , I am submitting my appointment letter, is it good enough proof?

The appointment letter contains the annual salary breakup, but does not contains the monthly salary breakup , will it be ok.

Please help me with it.

Regards,
deep@19

deep@19
Newly Registered

Request for contact information

Post by deep@19 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:15 am

Hi Friends,

I am applying for HSMP from India, would require help of successful candidates , cannot spend much money on consultants.

Please can any succesful candidate give his personal email or phone number on my email ID - deephsmp@gmail.com , Just want to clarify some specific doubts.

Thanks,
deep@19

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:16 am

Hi deep@19

Unfortunately that is very difficult and almost impossible. In fact I called up the local office of FEDEX from India, even they could not solve my problem. I did some research and got to know that "FEDEX in general does not have import billing facility in India". I think this means that one cannot pay for a package sitting in India that is sent from UK.

Finally I stuck to Royal Mail and luckily I got my docuemtns back.

I have read good feedback of MBE in this forum. It seems good.

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:23 am

Hi deep@19

The above response from me is for your query regarding courier pickup ( Subject "Courier help required from India")

Sorry for confusion :)

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:23 pm

No reply yet. Its been more than a month. I dunno how long does the verification take.

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:36 pm

Ref number received... 25/10

Pretty quick so far!

Now waiting for the happy moments :)

Regards,
JD
jd wrote:Hi,

Now waiting for ref no and decision.
Any idea how much time its gonna take for a decision? as they are now processing in received date order.

Thanks,
JD

satheeshkumar

Initials and Full Name

Post by satheeshkumar » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:29 am

Hi Aparna
Even I am facing the same dilemma.

My name as in degree certificate is 'M.S.Satheesh Kumar' &
in my pay slips its given as 'Satheesh Kumar Sundaresan' &
in the passport its expanded as 'Satheesh Kumar Madurai Sundaresan'

So I am also wondering whether this will go well with the caseworker...

HSMP gurus, please guide us on the same...

marupa wrote:I have this problem, in all my documents my name is Aparna R. But with my recent employer, who wanted the name as is in passport which is Aparna Raman.

I am really confused now. Will HO accept my documents as all documents have Aparna R and some recent payslips have Initials expanded.

Also my passport has initials expanded.

Please let me know if this okay , or what documents should I provide to substatiate my case

shooter008
Newly Registered

Post by shooter008 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:09 am

Still waiting for my documents, HO sent document on 10th oct. Does anybody know how much time does it take to receive the documents?

jovialguy
Newly Registered

Post by jovialguy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:21 pm

-- edited --
Last edited by jovialguy on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purplepple

Decision Letter

Post by purplepple » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:06 am

I finally received my decision letter. Just 3 days short of the 28 days allowable period to file for a review. Now I have to speed up and finish my review letter.

Basically, they awarded me 70 points although I claimed for 85. Two reasons: (1) my masters degree is equivalent to a UK honours bachelors degree (which I agree as confirmed by NARIC):- that's 5 points less and (2) they did not consider some allowances in my earnings. They stated my total earnings without the allowances, but they quoted a very small amount which could not be possibly correct (my earnings were reduced by 90% just because of some small allowances). When I calculated the correct amount, I should get 40 points. So, total points I should get should be 75 points.

I'm filing for review by tomorrow. Will let you guys now if my appeal is successful. Pray for me! :lol:

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi,

Ref number received: 25/10
Decision made: 26/10
Documents sent by Airmail: 26/10

Don't know the decision yet. Hoping its positive!
I emailed HO about status of my application today and they replied that a decision has been made and docs sent back by airmail on 26/10.
Any idea how much time will it take to reach in Islamabad (Pakistan) by Airmail?

Thanks,
JD

pktamil2007

Post by pktamil2007 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:13 pm

Hi cdraina and others,

All the best with your application.

sudhi
Newly Registered

Application Status

Post by sudhi » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:16 pm

I sent my applicatin To HOme Office.

Application Reached on: 24 October 2007
Refrence Number received on: 25 October 2007

Can you please let me know how will I get to know whether my application has been assigned to a Case Worker?

Generally how long does it take to arrive @ decision and how will the decision be communicated? will there be an email sent about.

Can you please answer these for me.

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:01 am

Called HO and came to know that my case has been approved. Now waiting for documents.

Thanks to all kind buddies and thanks to the forum.

Thanks,
JD
jd wrote:Hi,

Ref number received: 25/10
Decision made: 26/10
Documents sent by Airmail: 26/10

Don't know the decision yet. Hoping its positive!
I emailed HO about status of my application today and they replied that a decision has been made and docs sent back by airmail on 26/10.
Any idea how much time will it take to reach in Islamabad (Pakistan) by Airmail?

Thanks,
JD

jd
Member of Standing

Re: Application Status

Post by jd » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:03 am

You can call HO.

number is 0114 207 4074

Regards,
JD
sudhi wrote:I sent my applicatin To HOme Office.

Application Reached on: 24 October 2007
Refrence Number received on: 25 October 2007

Can you please let me know how will I get to know whether my application has been assigned to a Case Worker?

Generally how long does it take to arrive @ decision and how will the decision be communicated? will there be an email sent about.

Can you please answer these for me.

hsmppune

Before reference number

Post by hsmppune » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:18 am

Hi Sudhi,

I paid my application fees by DD, and have not got any response till now. My application reached the HO on the 29th. Do they send some mail saying application has been received and is awaiting payment clearance?

I do not have a reference number yet, so is there anyway in which I can track the status right now?

Regards
hsmppune

sudhi
Newly Registered

Hey Hsmppune

Post by sudhi » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:13 am

In my case I paid by credit card. and got the refrence number from the office. As a confirmation you get mail from the Home office with the refernce number.

sudhi
Newly Registered

Time to receive the Mail from Home office.

Post by sudhi » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:10 pm

I got a reply from the Home Office by email that a decision has been made for my HSMp Application and the decision letter has been dispatched on 26 th October. But the decision was not disclosed by them.

Can any one tell me how long does it take to recieve them @ Bangalore.???

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi Sudhi,

That was lightening quick. They arrived at a decision in just a day!!!

My application reached them on the 29th, 5 days after yours. But I have not even received the reference number yet. I guess, the reason is I used a demand draft for payment, which takes around a week to clear.

Anyways, good luck with the decision Sudhi, keep the forum in the loop.

Regards
hsmppune