ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information regarding the Language requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

najas
Newly Registered

Information regarding the Language requirements

Post by najas » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:29 pm

Hi,

I have certain clarifications regarding our application for naturalisation and registration. Kindly help with information. Myself and two children (one born in UK and one born in India) got our PR in Sep 2011. My wife got her PR on Oct 21,2013.

Q1) I have Life in the UK passed and also the B1 CEFR issued by Trinity College. My wife has only "Life in the UK" pass certificate. She submitted a letter from her B.E college in India during her PR application and there was not other requirements. Is this still valid or she also have to complete a B1 CEFR

Q2) Our son was born in UK before both of us got P.R. He has a Indian passpprt. Does he have to go through a naturalisation or can he apply for a British Passport directly.

Many Thanks

Najas

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Information regarding the Language requirements

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:36 pm

1. Does your wife's degree appear on the PBS calculator. What degree is? She might have to apply for NARIC assessment.
When did you do your English Test?

2. Your UK born son is not British. Only a British citizen can apply for a passport. You will have to register him on form MN1 under section 1(3) of the nationality act (an entitlement to register) and once approved and you receive his certificate, then you can apply for his passport.

P.S. Naturalisation is for Adults. Children are Registered as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

najas
Newly Registered

Post by najas » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:42 pm

Thank you for your reply friend.

My wife has an engineering degree from India and I am confident it appears in the calculator becuase only after it appeared in calculator were we able to apply here visa as Spouse of ILR visa holder in 2011 subsequent to which she got her PR in Oct 21,2015.

I did my Life in the UK test in 2011 and Trinity College English Test in Jan 2014.

May I also seek your advise regarding registration for my daughter. Both me and my wife are currently on ILR and my daughter has a ILR and she was born in India. Is it better to seek her REgistration after we get our British passports?

I assume that my son's registration can be done now since he was born here.

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:49 pm

Does your English test and provider (exact details) appear on this Transitional list valid till 5 Nov 2015 (Click)?

If not, you might have to redo it from one of the new Approved Test Providers from 6th April 2015 (Click)

Should be ok to register your daughter at the same time although her application is only likely to be considered after your. You can apply once you are approved and attended your ceremony too (I did this for my daughter).

Yes, you can register the UK born child now as you have ILR. You could have registered him in 2011 already and he did not need ILR either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wildstreak
Newly Registered

Post by wildstreak » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:53 pm

Hello,

I am in a similar situation. My wife took the english test, which is now in the transition list. She took the test in Feb 2015 and we got her ILR based on that. When applying for citizenship next year, will she have to re-take the english test from one of the approved ones??

wildstreak
Newly Registered

Post by wildstreak » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:21 pm

Hello,

Can the gurus please advise on this?