ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for FBR since applications route thorugh Ireland?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

minihaus
Newly Registered

Re: Applied for FBR since applications route thorugh Ireland

Post by minihaus » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:16 pm

sweetbeatrice wrote:
Next: all my paperwork arrived today! So, to summarize the timeline:

15 jan 15: application submitted
13 may 15: card charged fee
19 june 15: I emailed regarding status, and got a prompt reply
25 june 15: package with paperwork is delivered
sweetbeatrice - Which email address did you use to contact them? I tried emailing them a question months ago before submitting my application but never received a response, but maybe I directed to the wrong alias.

Thank you!

sweetbeatrice
Newly Registered

Post by sweetbeatrice » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:16 am

Minihaus - I used the 'contact us' link on dfa.ie, and they responded the next day. I also included my application number in my email.

https://www.dfa.ie/about-us/contact-us/ ... tizenship/

minihaus
Newly Registered

Post by minihaus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:38 pm

Thank you! I was charged this morning! I'm hoping they will let me change my shipping address as I have just moved, but very excited for this news!

sweetbeatrice
Newly Registered

Post by sweetbeatrice » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:05 am

minihaus wrote:Thank you! I was charged this morning! I'm hoping they will let me change my shipping address as I have just moved, but very excited for this news!
Super!! Congrats!! and I hope you get the certificate soon!

JimCrawford
Newly Registered

Post by JimCrawford » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:47 pm

These people are abusing our ludicrous citizenship laws so they can bypass our European partners immigration laws. Any Irish person that welcomes this is just as much a scummer as those abusing our passports. An American born in America will never be Irish. That they have an Irish passport is patently ridiculous. :lol:

It must also be remembered that their iris relatives fled the country when they were most needed. They were traitors to Ireland. As Patrick Pearse himself said. Their descendants must be stripped of citizenship.
The 1916 leader Patrick Pearse went further, believing that the emigrant was 'a traitor to the Irish state, and, if he knew but all, a fool into the bargain'.
https://books.google.ie/books?id=zVHgO4 ... DbCh34WQD7

What a nice way to respect Pearse and to celebrate the 1916 anniversary next year. By stripping the traitors of their citizenship.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:02 pm

JimCrawford wrote:These people are abusing our ludicrous citizenship laws so they can bypass our European partners immigration laws. Any Irish person that welcomes this is just as much a scummer as those abusing our passports. An American born in America will never be Irish. That they have an Irish passport is patently ridiculous. :lol:

It must also be remembered that their iris relatives fled the country when they were most needed. They were traitors to Ireland. As Patrick Pearse himself said. Their descendants must be stripped of citizenship.
The 1916 leader Patrick Pearse went further, believing that the emigrant was 'a traitor to the Irish state, and, if he knew but all, a fool into the bargain'.
https://books.google.ie/books?id=zVHgO4 ... DbCh34WQD7

What a nice way to respect Pearse and to celebrate the 1916 anniversary next year. By stripping the traitors of their citizenship.
Here comes Mr Stpuid again!