ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Letter for employment and absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mkh

Employer Letter for employment and absences

Post by mkh » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:58 pm

Hello Experts,
I will be applying sooon for ILR through T2G. I have a few concerns; hope you can shed some light on it.

i. My HR gave me employment letter for ILR confirming SOC. salary continuation etc but REFUSED to give me absence letter as they don't have this policy.No records kept.

ii. Instead one of my managers wrote me the absence letter for work and Annual leave mentioning these leaves are as per policy. Will this be acceptable ? Also is it ok to have this from a manager rather than the HR?

iii. Do Homeoffice enquire about those absences ? HR/managers may not remember these details! I have very few absences over 5 years . two for work less than 10 days each. 2 for Holiday 18 days and 37 days.

Many thanks.

venkatasureshs

Re: Employer Letter for employment and absences

Post by venkatasureshs » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:34 pm

[quote="mkh"]Hello Experts,
I will be applying sooon for ILR through T2G. I have a few concerns; hope you can shed some light on it.

i. My HR gave me employment letter for ILR confirming SOC. salary continuation etc but REFUSED to give me absence letter as they don't have this policy.No records kept.

ii. Instead one of my managers wrote me the absence letter for work and Annual leave mentioning these leaves are as per policy. [b]Will this be acceptable ? Also is it ok to have this from a manager rather than the HR? [/b]

iii. Do Homeoffice enquire about those absences ? HR/managers may not remember these details! I have very few absences over 5 years . two for work less than 10 days each. 2 for Holiday 18 days and 37 days.

Many thanks.[/quote]

There are 2 ways,

1. In the main employer letter itself , They can state a single line like
" All the employee absences were approved by the company"

2. You can submit your Manager letter and then you can prepare your own Absences History letter (Template below)

============================
Applicant letter for absences:
Date: xxxxx

To,

PEO Croydon
UK Border and immigration Agency
Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road
Croydon, CR9 2BY

Sub: ILR Application – Letter explaining absences out of UK (Passport Number: xxxxx)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Through this letter, I would like to provide a summary explaining the absences out of UK that I had during the 5 years qualifying period for continuous residence.
Given below is a summary of total days I was absent during the qualifying period based on date of this application and the same can be found in my passport entry and exit stamps:

Year From To Days Leave Period Reason for Absence Evidence
5 xxxxx xxxxx 0 NA NA NA
4 xxxxx xxxxx 29 Annual Leave (Family Visit to India) Absence Letter from Employer
Please find the Absence Letter from Employer attached mentioning all the Leave dates as per company records (excluding public holidays and weekends)

Throughout the qualifying period, my residence and place of work was in United Kingdom. Please contact me if you need any further clarification.

Thanks & Regards
xxxxxx

mkh

Post by mkh » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:02 pm

venkatasureshs wrote:
mkh wrote:Hello Experts,

ii. Instead one of my managers wrote me the absence letter for work and Annual leave mentioning these leaves are as per policy. Will this be acceptable ? Also is it ok to have this from a manager rather than the HR?

Many thanks.

There are 2 ways,

1. In the main employer letter itself , They can state a single line like
" All the employee absences were approved by the company"

2. You can submit your Manager letter and then you can prepare your own Absences History letter (Template below)

Applicant letter for absences:
Date: xxxxx

To,

PEO Croydon
UK Border and immigration Agency
Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road
Croydon, CR9 2BY

Sub: ILR Application – Letter explaining absences out of UK (Passport Number: xxxxx)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Through this letter, I would like to provide a summary explaining the absences out of UK that I had during the 5 years qualifying period for continuous residence.
Given below is a summary of total days I was absent during the qualifying period based on date of this application and the same can be found in my passport entry and exit stamps:

Year From To Days Leave Period Reason for Absence Evidence
5 xxxxx xxxxx 0 NA NA NA
4 xxxxx xxxxx 29 Annual Leave (Family Visit to India) Absence Letter from Employer
Please find the Absence Letter from Employer attached mentioning all the Leave dates as per company records (excluding public holidays and weekends)

Throughout the qualifying period, my residence and place of work was in United Kingdom. Please contact me if you need any further clarification.

Thanks & Regards
xxxxxx

Many thanks venkatasureshs. I was thinking of doing the same.

mkh

Post by mkh » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:12 am

I am including below the two letters I received from 1.HR (employment) 2. One of My Managers(Absences). Please comment if these are acceptable.

From HR:

To whom it may concern:
Re: Mr.X
I am writing to confirm the employment of Mr.X at Company Y in the position of Z.
Mr X has been employed at Y since xx/xx/xxxx. Mr.X is employed on a continuing employment and therefore is still required for the employment in question.
Mr X is paid £X per annum. I can confirm that the salary is above the appropriate rate for the job of Z as stated in the code of practice XXXX (minimum salary of £X per annum). The contract is Full Time (XX hours per week).
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information.
Yours sincerely,
HR

From My Manager:
To whom...
Re: Confirmation of Work related absences and paid annual leave for Mr. X
I am writing to confirm that during his employment as Z, Mr.X was required by Company Y to travel overseas to attend meetings. He was also granted paid annual leave as per company policy. These approved absenses are listed below:
Date left UK Date returned UK Type of leave
1. dd/dd/dddd dd/dd/dddd Annual Leave
2. dd/dd/dddd dd/dd/dddd Work
Yours sincerely,
Mr.Manager

mkh

Post by mkh » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Just to update, I got ILR approved at Solihull PEO without any issues. it took about two hours to get the decision. my case was very straightforward and simple and I got a lot of help from this forum to arrange my docs.Many thanks to the moderators and experts here. I wish everyone here the best of luck!

soundar.pandi80
Newly Registered

Post by soundar.pandi80 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:40 pm

mkh wrote:I am including below the two letters I received from 1.HR (employment) 2. One of My Managers(Absences). Please comment if these are acceptable.

From HR:

To whom it may concern:
I am writing to confirm the employment of Mr.X at Company Y in the position of Z.
Mr X has been employed at Y since xx/xx/xxxx. Mr.X is employed on a continuing employment and therefore is still required for the employment in question.
Mr X is paid £X per annum. I can confirm that the salary is above the appropriate rate for the job of Z as stated in the code of practice XXXX (minimum salary of £X per annum). The contract is Full Time (XX hours per week).
Yours sincerely,
HR

From My Manager:
To whom...
I am writing to confirm that during his employment as Z, Mr.X was required by Company Y to travel overseas to attend meetings. He was also granted paid annual leave as per company policy. These approved absenses are listed below:
Yours sincerely,
Mr.Manager

My Employer has said that they will not be able to provide a letter (Letter of Absence) like that. He has responded to me over an email. Not sure what i should do now.
My total holidays in total for 5 years was a mix of holidays, paternity and sick leaves which did not exceed 180. Maximum leaves that i took continuously was 63 days and that was a mix of holidays / sick leaves. AND All my leaves are paid.

Can any one advise me on this situation please ?

Thanks

mkh

Post by mkh » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:08 pm

soundar.pandi80 wrote:
mkh wrote:I am including below the two letters I received from 1.HR (employment) 2. One of My Managers(Absences). Please comment if these are acceptable.

From HR:

To whom it may concern:
Yours sincerely,
HR

From My Manager:
To whom...
Yours sincerely,
Mr.Manager

My Employer has said that they will not be able to provide a letter (Letter of Absence) like that. He has responded to me over an email. Not sure what i should do now.
My total holidays in total for 5 years was a mix of holidays, paternity and sick leaves which did not exceed 180. Maximum leaves that i took continuously was 63 days and that was a mix of holidays / sick leaves. AND All my leaves are paid.

Thanks
I think you can explain this to caseworker that the employer is not giving you letters certifying leave, and you should provide proofs that you tried, and include your employers response email. Take payslips during your leave period to prove those were paid. and passport stamps or UKBA SAR entry exit etc..these are my personal views, May be an expert can give further input.

soundar.pandi80
Newly Registered

Post by soundar.pandi80 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:32 pm

soundar.pandi80 wrote:
mkh wrote:

Thanks
I think you can explain this to caseworker that the employer is not giving you letters certifying leave, and you should provide proofs that you tried, and include your employers response email. Take payslips during your leave period to prove those were paid. and passport stamps or UKBA SAR entry exit etc..these are my personal views, May be an expert can give further input.
I taking the response email and salary proof for my leave and sick leave period (paid full salary during this period) along with the bank statements. Hopefully this helps.