ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iyk13
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Iyk13 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:48 am

Mileman wrote: Your 4.5 are up, hopefully you will have some news later this week.
is 4.5 months the official standard? I see a lot of people who are 5+ months and still waiting. It's really frustrating :(

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:04 pm

Iyk13 wrote:
Mileman wrote: Your 4.5 are up, hopefully you will have some news later this week.
is 4.5 months the official standard? I see a lot of people who are 5+ months and still waiting. It's really frustrating :(
No, the actual time frame is of course the 6 months in which apparently 95% of the requests are resolved.

However, if you look back at the sample of people in the forum who have received their RCs in these past few months, the time frame has actually been between 4 & 4.5 months from the date of the COA...this was before the new form & the whole biometrics stage were introduced.

I believe now this 4/4.5 month optimistic time frame will not be that common due to the changes introduced.
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

gdevkota

Post by gdevkota » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:44 pm

so frustrating.....

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:09 am

Hello guys i freshly applied for my wife which is a non-eea, and we thought we would share our timeline in order to keep in touch with people who applied around July2015, good luck to everyone :
Application sent: 25.06
Received in HO: 27.06
Payment deduction: 29.06
COA w/right to work: pending
RC: Pending (15/11)
Applied as: EEA Citizen and EEA Citizen spouse >10 months
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

lancolucian
Newly Registered

Post by lancolucian » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:56 am

Hi Everyone,

iam posting first time on this forum as it seems a good way to track your application times. i applied as EEA EFM with my cousin brother . i do not see many members posting about their EEA EFM timeline. it will be much appreciated if few more members can post about extended family member timelines. my timeline is below.
Application posted 18/05/2015
received by HO: 19/05/2015
Received acknoledgement, COA and Biometrics on same day: 28/05/2015 Dated 27/05/2015
Enrolled Biometrics: 29/05/2015
Decision : Waiting :cry: :cry: :?: :?: :roll: :roll:

bvc1989
Newly Registered

Post by bvc1989 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:25 am

alex1128 wrote:Hello guys i freshly applied for my wife which is a non-eea, and we thought we would share our timeline in order to keep in touch with people who applied around July2015, good luck to everyone :

It looks like end of June applications are taking longer to received the CoA :(

Iyk13
Newly Registered

Post by Iyk13 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:40 am

My application was under the new form but I never did biometrics in the UK... How do I know if I should or not? I applied on Feb 26th. I had my biometrics taken as part of the EEA FP Visa that I got before coming to the UK at the british embassy at my home country....

bvc1989
Newly Registered

Post by bvc1989 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:52 am

Iyk13 wrote:My application was under the new form but I never did biometrics in the UK... How do I know if I should or not? I applied on Feb 26th. I had my biometrics taken as part of the EEA FP Visa that I got before coming to the UK at the british embassy at my home country....
lyk13, Biometric enrolment started to be required as from 6 April 2015.

Iyk13
Newly Registered

Post by Iyk13 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:17 am

bvc1989 wrote:
Iyk13 wrote:My application was under the new form but I never did biometrics in the UK... How do I know if I should or not? I applied on Feb 26th. I had my biometrics taken as part of the EEA FP Visa that I got before coming to the UK at the british embassy at my home country....
lyk13, Biometric enrolment started to be required as from 6 April 2015.
Such a relief thank you !

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:48 am

Second slow week on a row, let´s try and imagine that lots of people got their RC but they may not necessarily be on the forum.

Let´s have some positive thoughts for next week!!

bvc1989
Newly Registered

Post by bvc1989 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:53 am

Mileman wrote:Second slow week on a row, let´s try and imagine that lots of people got their RC but they may not necessarily be on the forum.

Sure! 8)

But I've been told July is normally slow due to Summer holidays taken by the HO employees...

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:07 pm

bvc1989 wrote:
Mileman wrote:Second slow week on a row, let´s try and imagine that lots of people got their RC but they may not necessarily be on the forum.

Sure! 8)

But I've been told July is normally slow due to Summer holidays taken by the HO employees...
It makes sense, I honestly did not have that factored in, good insight.

Iyk13
Newly Registered

Post by Iyk13 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:33 pm

Mileman wrote:
bvc1989 wrote:

Sure! 8)

It makes sense, I honestly did not have that factored in, good insight.
WHAT ABOUT OUR SUMMER HOLIDAY? :( :( :( :( :( :(

bashyboy144

Post by bashyboy144 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:52 pm

lancolucian wrote:Hi Everyone,

iam posting first time on this forum as it seems a good way to track your application times. i applied as EEA EFM with my cousin brother . i do not see many members posting about their EEA EFM timeline. it will be much appreciated if few more members can post about extended family member timelines. my timeline is below.
Application posted 18/05/2015
received by HO: 19/05/2015
Received acknoledgement, COA and Biometrics on same day: 28/05/2015 Dated 27/05/2015
Enrolled Biometrics: 29/05/2015
Decision : Waiting :cry: :cry: :?: :?: :roll: :roll:
Hi lancolusian,
I applied as extended family member too . EEA EFM with my brother .
Application sent : 08/05/15
Acknowledgement : 15/5/15
Bio metrics And COA(No right to work ) recieved same day 26/5/15 .
Decision : waiting
Did you receive Coa with right to work ?

smegan
Newly Registered

Post by smegan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:17 pm

Hello all,

have been a silent reader for some time now! I have a question about people requesting their passports back. It seems like many people have done this but when I called the home office (and also when my lawyer called the home office), they said if I ask for my passport back, then it is HIGHLY LIKELY that it will invalidate the application and it will be withdrawn. Is this true? I have read on this forum that many people have requested their passport back and they still received their RCs. Also, on the "request your documents back" form, they specifically have a question that states "do you want to withdraw your application? YES or NO" Therefore, I'm very confused why the home office will tell me it is highly likely my application will be withdrawn and cancelled if I ask for my passport back. Also, my friend requested hers back in May to attend a family wedding in Italy and there was no problem. She also called up afterwards when she received her passport back whether it cancelled her application and they said no, its fine. when I stated all this over the phone to the home office, they just said, they have been advised to say that it is highly likely that applications will be cancelled when this question was asked of them. Perhaps they are just trying to persuade everyone NOT to ask passports back because they have to then dig it out? I'm so confused! Anyone else have any experience? Also, my lawyer said, perhaps they are clamping down now with the recent changes to the application form at the beginning of the year and they are trying to make it harder now.

It's just I desperately need to travel home to OZ for a concert (I'm a classical musician) and flights are booked etc.

I would also like to share my timeline!

Confirmation of receipt: 10/04/15
COA w/right to work: 17/04/15
RC: Pending
Applied as: EEA2, I'm Australian, married to Italian currently on student visa

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:40 pm

It makes sense, I honestly did not have that factored in, good insight.[/quote]

WHAT ABOUT OUR SUMMER HOLIDAY? :( :( :( :( :( :([/quote]

In all honesty, I am more concerned with being able to receive job offers than with the holidays...I´ve been turned down by two places already because they wouldn´t take me only on the COA...

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:44 pm

smegan wrote:Hello all,

have been a silent reader for some time now! I have a question about people requesting their passports back. It seems like many people have done this but when I called the home office (and also when my lawyer called the home office), they said if I ask for my passport back, then it is HIGHLY LIKELY that it will invalidate the application and it will be withdrawn. Is this true? I have read on this forum that many people have requested their passport back and they still received their RCs. Also, on the "request your documents back" form, they specifically have a question that states "do you want to withdraw your application? YES or NO" Therefore, I'm very confused why the home office will tell me it is highly likely my application will be withdrawn and cancelled if I ask for my passport back. Also, my friend requested hers back in May to attend a family wedding in Italy and there was no problem. She also called up afterwards when she received her passport back whether it cancelled her application and they said no, its fine. when I stated all this over the phone to the home office, they just said, they have been advised to say that it is highly likely that applications will be cancelled when this question was asked of them. Perhaps they are just trying to persuade everyone NOT to ask passports back because they have to then dig it out? I'm so confused! Anyone else have any experience? Also, my lawyer said, perhaps they are clamping down now with the recent changes to the application form at the beginning of the year and they are trying to make it harder now.

It's just I desperately need to travel home to OZ for a concert (I'm a classical musician) and flights are booked etc.

I would also like to share my timeline!

Confirmation of receipt: 10/04/15
COA w/right to work: 17/04/15
RC: Pending
Applied as: EEA2, I'm Australian, married to Italian currently on student visa
Smegan, as you mention, there are lots of people who receive their RC even having their passports sent back.

It makes sense for the home office to want to hold on to the papers while they are conducting their research on whether or not give you the residence. However, being told what you were told would make me jumpy as well.

I made the moves you mentioned...they had my passport for over a month, I requested it back and I specifically mentioned I did not want to withdraw my application.

I am still waiting, and they did not send anything back yet so, I hope my application is still being considered.

raja4
Newly Registered

Post by raja4 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:45 pm

I applied dated on 09/07/2015 but yet not receive biometric letter or confirmation.

raja4
Newly Registered

Post by raja4 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:53 pm

Did you receive biometric letter from HO.
sweet snowhite wrote:Hi all,
I'm a first time poster.
Application submitted: 11th July 2015
Received in HO: 13th July
Payment taken: 14th July

I'm the EU national(German) with PR and my partner is the non-eu national.
Congratulations to those who have received their RCs and good luck to the rest.
From your posts it seems it is a long waiting process. Im dreading this already.

Aleksandrija

Post by Aleksandrija » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi everyone ....i am so frustrated waiting... has anyone of feb. Or march applicants made a phone call to HO about the stage thst there appl. Is in ?
My coa is 30/03
I am expecting my rc this month

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Aleksandrija wrote:Hi everyone ....i am so frustrated waiting... has anyone of feb. Or march applicants made a phone call to HO about the stage thst there appl. Is in ?
My coa is 30/03
You would only be right to call them after 30.09 Aleks, as you know we have the exact same timeline.

They do give 6 months as a timeframe, and even at that they say 5% of cases may go beyond that!

Aleksandrija

Post by Aleksandrija » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Mileman wrote:
Aleksandrija wrote:Hi everyone ....i am so frustrated waiting... has anyone of feb. Or march applicants made a phone call to HO about the stage thst there appl. Is in ?
My coa is 30/03
You would only be right to call them after 30.09 Aleks, as you know we have the exact same timeline.

They do give 6 months as a timeframe, and even at that they say 5% of cases may go beyond that!
I have few interviews ...what do they say when they see u with COA ?

Aleksandrija

Post by Aleksandrija » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Mileman wrote:
My coa is 30/03

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Aleksandrija wrote:
Mileman wrote:
My coa is 30/03

Unfortunately two contract roles were placed on hold because I have less than a month left in my FP and about 2 months before the COA is void and they were not willing to risk it.

There is another position, permanent, where I am waiting for their final decision, hopefully they will be able to see past this...

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:25 pm

bvc1989 wrote:
alex1128 wrote:Hello guys i freshly applied for my wife which is a non-eea, and we thought we would share our timeline in order to keep in touch with people who applied around July2015, good luck to everyone :

It looks like end of June applications are taking longer to received the CoA :(
Yeah the lawyer told us it may take up to 4 weeks after sending the biometrics!!! But hopefully it will come sooner than this. :shock:
Bu the question i wanna ask is : is it possible to get a decent job with that coa they send you ?
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016