ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving before initial right of residence ends and returning

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

clearnewblueuk
Newly Registered

Leaving before initial right of residence ends and returning

Post by clearnewblueuk » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:50 pm

What happens to 3 months initial residence count if a person exits UK before the end of initial residence without yet exercising treaty rights, and then they return before 12 months pass? Does the count of initial 3 months residence start from zero again or not?

Thank you.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Leaving before initial right of residence ends and retur

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:49 pm

An EU national be benefitted once only from initial right of residence. However, in order to regain initial right of residence the continuity of residence need to break usually by the absence of more than six months or twelves months (if studying abroad, pregnancy etc.).
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

clearnewblueuk
Newly Registered

How is initial three month residence period calculated?

Post by clearnewblueuk » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:04 pm

Does it matter how many days were in a month or does one month mean 30 days strictly?
I came to UK April 29 this year. So when exactly (which the day is the last) does 3 month period end for me?

Thank you.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Re: How is initial three month residence period calculated?

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:07 pm

I think because you are continuously asking silly questions then reply yourself and I think that's why nobody answering your all previous thread. Stick to one thread and write down your present circumstances, what you intend etc so someone reply you. But if you asking for someone then make him board member.
The question you ask in this thread, I think 1-2 days difference in calculation about this won't be a big matter.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

clearnewblueuk
Newly Registered

Post by clearnewblueuk » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:01 pm

You think that based on your or others' experiences with UKBA? I'm pretty sure there's a correct answer to my question, down to a day. I don't trust that UKBA would make concessions that are not in the law, and I understand that there's no law that says 1-2 days plus are OK.

Some of my questions may be silly, but others are way better than of an illegal with broken English who gets way more replies than me.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:51 pm

clearnewblueuk wrote:You think that based on your or others' experiences with UKBA? I'm pretty sure there's a correct answer to my question, down to a day. I don't trust that UKBA would make concessions that are not in the law, and I understand that there's no law that says 1-2 days plus are OK.

Some of my questions may be silly, but others are way better than of an illegal with broken English who gets way more replies than me.
You're doing yourself no favours if you continue to sulk about another member getting a reply before you, disrespect their level of English and make a judgement on their situation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:04 pm

Your 3 month period will end on the 29th July 2015.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

clearnewblueuk
Newly Registered

Post by clearnewblueuk » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:15 am

Thank you Obie. You're good.