ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adnan111
Member of Standing

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by adnan111 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:51 pm

stillwaiting123 wrote:
12 weeks is not the maximum its 24 weeks
But they state that you should get a decision within 12 weeks unless informed otherwise. If they cannot make a decision within 12 weeks then they should let you know.

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:53 pm

adnan111 wrote:
stillwaiting123 wrote:
But they state that you should get a decision within 12 weeks unless informed otherwise. If they cannot make a decision within 12 weeks then they should let you know.
they do when u ask for updates, they say further delayed, or u can phone and find out, there are 100000000 of cases they cant give every single one informed replies on delays
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

adnan111
Member of Standing

Post by adnan111 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:13 pm

stillwaiting123 wrote:
adnan111 wrote:
stillwaiting123 wrote:
they do when u ask for updates, they say further delayed, or u can phone and find out, there are 100000000 of cases they cant give every single one informed replies on delays
No they state at the start of the application in the first email that you will be notified if there will be delays beyond 12 weeks.

Mrsain
Newly Registered

Post by Mrsain » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Az7980 wrote:
Mrsain wrote:Salaam all,

Is any able to tell me how to track a visa status.

I use this site https://www.vfsglobal.org

I enter the application reference number and my wife's date of birth and when I submit it says operation failed.

Is this normal? Does it take a while for it to update or is there another website to use?

My timeline is:

Online submission: 08/07/15
Mirpur Bio: 13/07/15

Thanks
There is no way to track your application except through emailing ukvi or giving them a call. If you mean you use the GWF number then that wont work. They dont give the application reference number anymore to track the application.

Email ukvi and give them your gwf and the applicants DOB and you will hear from them in one working day.
Thanks for your reply.
Hmmm that's annoying they should have a online system where we are able to track it ourselves.

Yeah I was trying the use the GWF number and also the receipt number they gave my wife when she submitted.

Oh well it is what it is
In Shaa Allah leave it in the hands of Allah SWT and just make dua it gets processed quickly and with ease
In Shaa Allah.

sairah23
Newly Registered

Post by sairah23 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:16 pm

nasir631 wrote:
Brom wrote:Salam everyone

Applied on 22 April 15

I rang then now to get an update....... And the lady on the phone was like oh your application was hold and now under process for further checks and she is like it might take a 5 to 6 weeks more ...... Really pissed off

So I decided to email them as well just what update they would give me thro email

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Here is my timelime line:
Applied on 14-04-2015
04-07-2015: it is yet to be assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO).
04-07-2015 ring them and was told that status is in progress
08-07-15: found that a decision on your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are being conducted
08-07-15 I rang UKVI and escalated my spouse application and got reply on 15-07-15
15-07-15: 'Initial checks/pre assessment completed. Application is in Entry Clearance Officer’s queue for further assessment.
So Based on my experience, I do not think it will take longer than a week to complete further enquiries checks but not sure how long will take them more to process the application. I have also seen that there are quite number of people that are getting this status.
I am in the same boat.

Applied on 15th March and on Monday guy on the phone said that there has been a problem with paperwork so processing has been delayed.

We just need to keep positive, maybe doing further checks will grant our spouses their Visa, inshaAllah.

Brom

Post by Brom » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:19 pm

This the email when they send once they receive the application at bhc -----

Our published service standards state that we will process all non-settlement applications within 15 working days and all settlement applications within 12 weeks. We are currently meeting our service standard commitments and there are no forecasted delays to our service.

In some circumstances, however, applications require further assessment which can take longer to process than our published customer service standards. If your application is going to take longer than expected we will let you know
1st application refused in jan 12/11/2014
2nd online application 14/04/15
2nd application submitted islamabad 22/04/15
Delayed email - 27/08/2015
Processed on update email 18/09/15
Official processed email - 28/09/15
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

Kuffs
Newly Registered

Post by Kuffs » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:56 pm

Salaam bro, what type of British citizenship did u apply for your daughter? Passport? Or did u register the baby as British here in the UK?

Congratulations on your visa
W salam, I registered her here in the Uk under section 3 (2) andROA not passport for now. Will get passport later inshAllah.

Thank you very much.

ukmu
Newly Registered

Post by ukmu » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:42 pm

@kuffs

Salaam bro. Thanks for the reply. Did you register your child's birth at the British embassy as well? CuZ I'm in a similar situation as you. My wife just a few weeks ago gave birth to our second child. So was just wondering to register the birth at the embassy or not. With our first child we didn't, but didn't apply for ROA for her, just normal visa, which is currently in progress.

aminoacid88

Post by aminoacid88 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Worried about review wrote:
aminoacid88 wrote:Hey guys!

I've recently just started following this forum again and just wanted to share my timeline with you.

14/1/2015 - Applied for settlement visa in Karachi
16/4/2015 - Application was rejected because we had not included the property inspection report
30/4/2015 - Appeal sent in through a lawyer with the requested report
19/6/2015 - Received notice of pending appeal with a deadline of Sept. 30th
2/7/2015 - Refusal was overturned.Call letter received via email
14/7/2015 - Submitted passport to Gerrys

Alhamdulillah, My husband and I weren't expecting a response so soon after receiving the notice. I've read a lot of posts and there are quite a few people which are either strongly against appeals or strongly for them. However, no case is black or white. Each persons situation is different - while some may benefit with an appeal, others may not. After my rejection, a few people on this forum told me an appeal would be a waste of time. I am so glad that I did appeal because I wouldn't have been able to re-apply for a while.

What is the average time these days for receiving passport after submission with call letter?
Please pray for me I appealed 9th April .review deadline was 11 sep but still waiting no reply I m upset so strange.
Everything happens for a reason, and whatever it is is always the best for you, even though it may not seem like it at the time. Inshallah I pray that you hear positive news soon :)

aminoacid88

Post by aminoacid88 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:01 pm

stillwaiting123 wrote:

I've recently just started following this forum again and just wanted to share my timeline with you.

16/4/2015 - Application was rejected because we had not included the property inspection report

Alhamdulillah, My husband and I weren't expecting a response so soon after receiving the notice. I've read a lot of posts and there are quite a few people which are either strongly against appeals or strongly for them. However, no case is black or white. Each persons situation is different - while some may benefit with an appeal, others may not. After my rejection, a few people on this forum told me an appeal would be a waste of time. I am so glad that I did appeal because I wouldn't have been able to re-apply for a while.

What is the average time these days for receiving passport after submission with call letter?
mashallah congrats :)

the average time is 2/4 weeks, you did right by appealing as it was easily fixable, pray for me please :)
Thank you :) Inshallah all the best for you as well!

Worried about review

Post by Worried about review » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:27 am

aminoacid88 wrote:

Please pray for me I appealed 9th April .review deadline was 11 sep but still waiting no reply I m upset so strange.
Everything happens for a reason, and whatever it is is always the best for you, even though it may not seem like it at the time. Inshallah I pray that you hear positive news soon
Inshaaaa Allah
3rd application
Online application :09 September 2016
Biomatric :12September
documents sent :14 September
Recieved online application confirmation email:16 September
Waiting patiently ,may Allah give me visa this time

Worried about review

Post by Worried about review » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:35 am

Az7980 wrote:

I enter the application reference number and my wife's date of birth and when I submit it says operation failed.

Is this normal? Does it take a while for it to update or is there another website to use?

My timeline is:

Thanks
There is no way to track your application except through emailing ukvi or giving them a call. If you mean you use the GWF number then that wont work. They dont give the application reference number anymore to track the application.

Email ukvi and give them your gwf and the applicants DOB and you will hear from them in one working day.
Can u share proper email address for an update appeal status
3rd application
Online application :09 September 2016
Biomatric :12September
documents sent :14 September
Recieved online application confirmation email:16 September
Waiting patiently ,may Allah give me visa this time

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:07 am

Az7980 wrote:

My timeline is:

Thanks

Can u share proper email address for an update appeal status

customer.service@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Quote your appeal number applicants name and d.o.b

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

timewarp
Newly Registered

Post by timewarp » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:06 am

quick question,

I have been nominated to collect my wifes BRP card from London post office.
But I am located all the way in the north west which is over 300 miles away from London lol.

who can I contact to get this amended to a closer post office. No information on the letter

Thanks

Qasimx25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Qasimx25 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:42 am

Kuffs wrote:Thanks to The Rahman, my wife's Visa has been granted.

It has been 3 years since i married and i have a 7 month old daughter who is in Pakistan. I applied for my wifes visa on December 2013 and we had to wait until 24th Sep 2014 before we were told the visa was refused.

We then had a daughter and after research n research i realised i could apply for my daughter's British Citizenship, so i did that in Feb 2015 and after waiting 5 months, it was approved this month.

During this time i applied for my wife's Visa on the 24th april 2015 and today my wife collected her passport and she has a bisa.

I tell you this, because through all this i did countless duas, negged The Lord and first time it was refused. I did not stop, i did more dua and more dua. And Allah decided it was time. And he acceptes my duas. So not only am i closer to Allah through my duas, but Allah has given me ease.

Please please brothers and sisters, never ever lose hope in Allah, He will help you, trust 100%. I am sooo happy and my strress has gone, all because of Allah.

May Allah bless you all
Salaam and Eid Mubarak , please can you let me know, how many days does the visa gives you to leave pakistan, because I am going to apply soon for my wife,I am just waiting to get all my payslips together, then make application, so please let me know , thanks in advanvce

khani

Post by khani » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:44 am

Hi Everyone

Whats the new procedure for application now, We have to submit Application and Passport to BHC Pak, and the rest of documents inc Marriage Cert, TB cert, Eng Cert and all other sponsor docs in UK ???

Thanks

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:05 pm

timewarp wrote:quick question,

I have been nominated to collect my wifes BRP card from London post office.
But I am located all the way in the north west which is over 300 miles away from London lol.

who can I contact to get this amended to a closer post office. No information on the letter

Thanks
How come they gave you a London post office? It should have been a post office close to your address as stated in the visa application.

From this document:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... eaflet.pdf

Can I collect my biometric residence
permit from a different Post Office
branch to one in my decision letter?

Yes. If you or a nominated party who has
been authorised by the Home Office to
collect your BRP on your behalf, wishes
to collect your BRP from a different branch to
the one in your decision letter, you or the
nominated party should go to the Post Office
branch from which you would like to collect
the permit and speak to a Post Office
employee. You will have to pay a fee
for each and every permit you wish to re-direct
to that branch. Not all branches offer the
collection service. Details of Post Office
locations offering the service and their
opening times can be found at:
www.postoffice.co.uk
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

just2cool
Newly Registered

Post by just2cool » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:47 pm

This means ur documents such as ur passport ur English test ur t.c test. Ur biometrics u give in pakistan... or where ur partner is..

And ur husbands partners things like if they live in u.k. they send there document like pay slips if tyre sponsoring you....bank statement to u.k. address. It's simple just disuss with Pepole. ..

Double check ...all the documents given in u.k. are scanned and send to gerrys. .. by net I think

just2cool
Newly Registered

Post by just2cool » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:53 pm

Standard email saw that like 20 times ...

Congratulations brothers and sister on ur good news yeah I appealed start like 5th July ...let's see wht happens

just2cool
Newly Registered

Post by just2cool » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:57 pm

They probably not updated the website but if ur sponsor with u ...I don't see why u cnt take all documents and try submitting together...if he's abroad then in u.k. then thts simple too

just2cool
Newly Registered

Post by just2cool » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:59 pm

I would advise u to tell sponsor to use solicitor maybe 400 500 pounds but at least ur sure it's double checked...
As if u miss something then u cn be waiting a big while...this is something I regret..so I don't wnt fr u

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:35 am

khani wrote:Hi Everyone

Whats the new procedure for application now, We have to submit Application and Passport to BHC Pak, and the rest of documents inc Marriage Cert, TB cert, Eng Cert and all other sponsor docs in UK ???

Thanks

Yes that is correct

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:36 am

Eid Mubarak to each and everyone one of u, may all your visa applications/appeals be sucessful and next eid you r reunited with spouses inshallah

P.s embassy opens Tuesday

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:12 am

Eid Mubarak Everyone
Have a blessed eid :)
May Allah swt reunite us all with our partners in Shaa Allah
May this eid be the last one spent without our partners
NATURALISATION SUBMITTED APRIL 2021

Qasimx25
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Qasimx25 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:34 am

Salaam and Eid Mubarak , please can someone tell me know, how many days does the visa gives you to leave pakistan, does it give you 30 days or 90 days to enter uk because I am going to apply soon for my wife,I am just waiting to get all my payslips together, then make application, so please let me know , thanks in advance