ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GBforum
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by GBforum » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:34 am

Dear Members

I have a quarry. I have entered UK 22/09/2005. In the meanwhile i was student, PSW visa and student again. My visa was curtailed for 60 days notice which is going to expired on 28/08/2015. I have 25 days short for 10 years long residence. I went to see a lawyer who advised to apply before 28 days of my 10 years long residence. I am in confuse as i have not completed the 10 years lawful residence. Though still 25 days less. But the solicitor advice i can legally apply 28 days before the 10 years lawful residence.

What would be the best action on this situation? Whether i will apply 28 days before 10 years long residence for ILR or should i send the ILR application form by post to cover the time or Should i apply FLR (FP) to cover my 25 days for Long residence and Vary for ILR when 10 years fully completed.

Thank you senior members for your reply and help.

rajj121
Newly Registered

Post by rajj121 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:24 am

GBforum wrote:Dear Members

I have a quarry. I have entered UK 22/09/2005. In the meanwhile i was student, PSW visa and student again. My visa was curtailed for 60 days notice which is going to expired on 28/08/2015. I have 25 days short for 10 years long residence. I went to see a lawyer who advised to apply before 28 days of my 10 years long residence. I am in confuse as i have not completed the 10 years lawful residence. Though still 25 days less. But the solicitor advice i can legally apply 28 days before the 10 years lawful residence.

What would be the best action on this situation? Whether i will apply 28 days before 10 years long residence for ILR or should i send the ILR application form by post to cover the time or Should i apply FLR (FP) to cover my 25 days for Long residence and Vary for ILR when 10 years fully completed.

Yes you can apply 28 days before your 10 years completion. I am also going to peo 26 days before my 10 years although i got still 1 year valid visa. Do not apply FLR FP. Apply ILR SET LR with confidence.

Keele__28
Newly Registered

Post by Keele__28 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:54 am

I have a similar query, Can 1 of the Guru's shed some light on this matter kindly? Many thanks in advance

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:01 am

bembo200 wrote:This forum is the best I have learn alota from it thou been on ghost mode..
I sent my application on 04/04/15
Biometric done 19/04/15
Received letter it's been approved on Saturday 11/07/15
Waiting for the card now.

I'm free at last. Wishing everyone waiting the best of luck..Your next..
Congratulations Bembo200!

I have added your data on google timeline, and if okay can you provide the date when you received your acknowledgement and biometric letter. Did you receive your documents back as well? Often it helpful sharing your case whether it was straightforward or not. Your experiences and worries during the application process will definitely help others.

All the best for the future!

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:27 pm

Keele__28 wrote:

Both of u can apply 28 days early.

I have a similar query, Can 1 of the Guru's shed some light on this matter kindly? Many thanks in advance
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

mrvemuri

Post by mrvemuri » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:29 pm

meet2mustafiz wrote:While I am on appeal process I will complete 10 years in next month.as we know Home office going to implement new changes from next months .I was studying in a college, I have 20 hours allowance working right while I made in-time visa application and my 3c/3d still continue.so,what will be my working allowance from next month ? new changes will affect me ?

Hi

What changes HO going to implement in next few months, any idea?

Regards

GBforum
Newly Registered

Post by GBforum » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Dear Zee Ali

Thank you for your reply. I am thinking of going PEO service and get the decision on the same day. I have received the visa on 04/09/2005 and enter UK on 22/09/2005 now i have curtailed visa expired on 28/08/2015. I will have 25 days of short for 10 Years. If i apply 28 days ago in PEO will there be any issue will arise and refuse for not completed 10 years lawful residence. As the first conditions of 10 years you have to 10 years.

Will you please elaborate with any reference. Thank you.

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:50 pm

GBforum wrote:Dear Zee Ali

Thank you for your reply. I am thinking of going PEO service and get the decision on the same day. I have received the visa on 04/09/2005 and enter UK on 22/09/2005 now i have curtailed visa expired on 28/08/2015. I will have 25 days of short for 10 Years. If i apply 28 days ago in PEO will there be any issue will arise and refuse for not completed 10 years lawful residence. As the first conditions of 10 years you have to 10 years.

Will you please elaborate with any reference. Thank you.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-15.pdf

page 2 sec 4

HoneyB123
Newly Registered

Post by HoneyB123 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi All

Does anyone know which applications are being processed at the moment?? What month /week etc.

Thanks

skywan
Newly Registered

Post by skywan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:36 pm

I am just about to apply for 10 years long residence SET(LR) and I have a couple queries!

I moved to the UK in 2002 aged 7. I have had visas throughout, mainly through my mother who is a diplomat and therefore had an Exempt Dependent Residence Permit.

However, in recent times, there has been 2 gaps in my visas, both about 2 months long as there was a long process in receiving it after I had turned 18 between school and universities. I will include a cover letter and e-mails with the FCO which would explain the gaps in the visas. In that period I hadn't left the country.

I will also be applying through PEO/PSC.

How will I fare with my application? Some advice will be grateful!!! Cheers

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:22 pm

i think you can apply under private life route where person has spend half of his life in the UK

please check
skywan wrote:I am just about to apply for 10 years long residence SET(LR) and I have a couple queries!

I moved to the UK in 2002 aged 7. I have had visas throughout, mainly through my mother who is a diplomat and therefore had an Exempt Dependent Residence Permit.

However, in recent times, there has been 2 gaps in my visas, both about 2 months long as there was a long process in receiving it after I had turned 18 between school and universities. I will include a cover letter and e-mails with the FCO which would explain the gaps in the visas. In that period I hadn't left the country.

I will also be applying through PEO/PSC.

How will I fare with my application? Some advice will be grateful!!! Cheers

UKres

Post by UKres » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:47 am

wings.007 wrote:Salam Brothers

I have an appointment on PEO next week Wednesday for 10 year Long residence, please i need some comfort I am bit nervous.

My Situation

10 years will complete on 30th July 2015,

I have been student, than I was on PSW, than I applied Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa expiring next year.

I will be submitting following:
All Passports with clear entry and exit stamps
Current BRP
Masters degree taught in English and point base calculator printout
Life in UK test pass certificate
2 Recent photographs

Photocopies of all of above,

SHOULD I TAKE ANYTHING ELSE WITH ME AS WELL?????
Hi dear,
I think you will be going today for you ILR , i wish you all the best,
Could you please share your exp , it will
help others . I am also going for same day service in August so it will be great help.
If possible please share the document you presented and any question if case worker asked you?

Thanks.

GBforum
Newly Registered

Post by GBforum » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:22 pm

UKres wrote:

I have an appointment on PEO next week Wednesday for 10 year Long residence, please i need some comfort I am bit nervous.

My Situation

I have been student, than I was on PSW, than I applied Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa expiring next year.

Current BRP
2 Recent photographs

Hi dear,
help others . I am also going for same day service in August so it will be great help.
If possible please share the document you presented and any question if case worker asked you?

Thanks.

Dear Wings.007
I would like to know how many days ago you booked your PEO appointment. Will you please give details how you booked.

Thank you in advance.

GBforum
Newly Registered

Post by GBforum » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:26 pm

rajj121 wrote:

Yes you can apply 28 days before your 10 years completion. I am also going to peo 26 days before my 10 years although i got still 1 year valid visa. Do not apply FLR FP. Apply ILR SET LR with confidence.

Dear Rajj121
I would like to know how you have booked the PEO and what is the details procedures for that, particularly how many days ago i need to book the appointment.

Thank you in advance

UKres

Post by UKres » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:37 pm

GBforum wrote:
rajj121 wrote:

Dear Rajj121
I would like to know how you have booked the PEO and what is the details procedures for that, particularly how many days ago i need to book the appointment.

Thank you in advance
Hi guys ,
You can book the appointment here https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment

You have to first registered and then youncan book the appointment.
There is 42 days window i.e 42 days from today.
Every night they update the appintment database.

bembo200
Newly Registered

Post by bembo200 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:20 pm

Hi Set
Application sent 04/04/15
Money taken from account 09/0415
Acknowledgement received 13/04/15
Biometricinvite sent 20/4/15
Biometric done 23/4/15
Document received 11/07/15
Biometric card received 14/07/15

I sent just a couple of proof of address but sent all passport and home office reference for past applications and letter from home office.. I also included police caution which was 8 years ago..
I'll encourage anyone with out break in residency or police problem to do the same day service, saves you the blood pressure of 3-6months wait and stagnacy stagnacy.

Finally one with an idea how to go about applying for my wife and how long does it take for her to be able to apply for Indefinite leave to remain as she has been in the uk with me since 2011 and been a dependant on me..

GBforum
Newly Registered

Post by GBforum » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:42 am

Zee ali wrote:
Keele__28 wrote:

Both of u can apply 28 days early.

Dear Members
As i have read the guideline and it seems to me it is not clear to me whether an applicant need to have complete 10 years or have the visa until 10 years is not clear to me. Will you please anyone explain and elaborate clearly?

Thank you for your reply.

GBforum
Newly Registered

Post by GBforum » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:46 am

rajj121 wrote:

Dear Rajj121

I see you have the visa and in general if you have visa to cover the date upto 10 years you can without doubt apply or go for PEO. In my case i can go for PEO but i would have short of 25 days to complete the qualifying period. The guidelines language is not clear to me. If you have any clear Spammy Spammer anywhere where interpreted elaborately will you please help me to see that link or information.

GBforum
Newly Registered

Post by GBforum » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:36 am

GBforum wrote:
UKres wrote:

My Situation

Current BRP
2 Recent photographs

Hi dear,

Thanks.

Dear Wings.007
I would like to know how many days ago you booked your PEO appointment. Will you please give details how you booked.

Thank you in advance.
Dear Wings.007
Please check the ILR documents submission blogs in immigration boards. As you have Tier 1 Visa i am not sure about that. However, have you checked the ILR guidelines hope you will see the documents you need will be there. I see ILR (LR) application does not need too many documents. Please checked the documents lists from the guidelines and at the end of the form. Hope we hear good result from you soon.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:15 am

GBForum,

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rajj121
Newly Registered

Post by rajj121 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:18 am

GBforum wrote:
rajj121 wrote:

Dear Rajj121

I see you have the visa and in general if you have visa to cover the date upto 10 years you can without doubt apply or go for PEO. In my case i can go for PEO but i would have short of 25 days to complete the qualifying period. The guidelines language is not clear to me. If you have any clear Spammy Spammer anywhere where interpreted elaborately will you please help me to see that link or information.

Dear GB forum,
There is a clear guidence that you can apply 28 days before completing the 10 years. Every body is applying within 28 days of their 10 yrs completion, dont worry abt your 1 yr valid visa. you are eligible for long residency then you can apply any time even if you have 1 yr valid visa.

rajj121
Newly Registered

Post by rajj121 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:37 am

Dear Members,
I am going to PEO on 6th Aug, My query is in my current passport there was an error they did not put my surname, later on they have corrected on same passport but on other page, would it cause me any problem? secondly i got Acro criminal and Disclosure Scotland both are clear. can i attach them with my application? Thank you

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Finally after 11 months i received my ILR and Mrs FLR M this morning.

I was short of 4 months to complete my 10 years, so made flr fp to complete 10 years.

the application was refused so lodge an in time appeal and appeal won based on completing 10 years in June 2015.

While waiting to see if home office will appeal against the decision, i called tribunal to know what HO intention is and they told me HO want to appeal against the decision. So i decided to go for premium service on the 30th of june for variation of leave from the flr fp to ilr. After about 2 hours the case worker came out and told me that she is seeing my case for the first time and she can't reach decision on that day. Gave me letter to say my application is valid and they will refund the flr fp fees.

Note i was able to vary my application because the judge didn't asked HO to issue me with a particular type of leave.

Made application 30/06/15
Decision 14/06/15
Biometric 16/06/15

Any question just send me message, thanks to everyone for your advice and word of encouragement. Especially Obie, Smir and zee Alli

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Omor4real wrote:Finally after 11 months i received my ILR and Mrs FLR M this morning.

I was short of 4 months to complete my 10 years, so made flr fp to complete 10 years.

the application was refused so lodge an in time appeal and appeal won based on completing 10 years in June 2015.

While waiting to see if home office will appeal against the decision, i called tribunal to know what HO intention is and they told me HO want to appeal against the decision. So i decided to go for premium service on the 30th of june for variation of leave from the flr fp to ilr. After about 2 hours the case worker came out and told me that she is seeing my case for the first time and she can't reach decision on that day. Gave me letter to say my application is valid and they will refund the flr fp fees.

Note i was able to vary my application because the judge didn't asked HO to issue me with a particular type of leave.

Made application 30/06/15
Decision 14/06/15
Biometric 16/06/15

Any question just send me message, thanks to everyone for your advice and word of encouragement. Especially Obie, Smir and zee Alli
Congrats Omor4real.

U r really very lucky u got it without any more hassle. Technically if HO decided to challenge the ftt decision than your appeal treated as continuing. But u choose to go to premium and took the risk and well deserve victory.

Really happy for u. BTW which premium office u choose?

Your timeline is added on google sheet :D :D :D
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Zee Ali Sheffield premium, Thank you I just decided to follow their law but am not sure if my interpretation was right or i was just lucky. As I saw in one of their guidance that once an appeal is allowed the application become incomplete until HO make a lawful decision and the applicant can apply to vary the application.

So i just assume am on 3c until HO can get the court to overturn the decision to grant me a visa. Am just over the moon.