ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP: UKBA have not record of application....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sheedatali

HELP: UKBA have not record of application....

Post by sheedatali » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:36 pm

We applied for my Wife's visa in Malta. It was submitted on 9th of June, we have the GWF number of the application. However after 5 weeks of waiting when I called UKBA today on 00 44 1243 213 297. They told me they can't find the application of the reference number mentioned. The Center where we submitted the application says it has been received by UKBA, I am lost on what to do?

As you can imagine, this is very stressful to hear. Anyone else experienced this? What is the way forward? Help please..

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: HELP: UKBA have not record of application....

Post by physicskate » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:04 pm

sheedatali wrote:We applied for my Wife's visa in Malta. It was submitted on 9th of June, we have the GWF number of the application. However after 5 weeks of waiting when I called UKBA today on 00 44 1243 213 297. They told me they can't find the application of the reference number mentioned. The Center where we submitted the application says it has been received by UKBA, I am lost on what to do?

As you can imagine, this is very stressful to hear. Anyone else experienced this? What is the way forward? Help please..
There is no way to track your application... thus they would have no way of checking on a specific application number. All you can do is wait. If there is no word after 6 months, you can get your MP involved.

I imagine it was stressful, but bad advice is given all the time on those phone lines and they have no way of checking on a specific application. So all you can do is try to relax.

sheedatali

Post by sheedatali » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:46 pm

physicskate wrote: There is no way to track your application... thus they would have no way of checking on a specific application number. All you can do is wait. If there is no word after 6 months, you can get your MP involved.

I imagine it was stressful, but bad advice is given all the time on those phone lines and they have no way of checking on a specific application. So all you can do is try to relax.
This is surprising, because the lady on the phone who charged me for the call, said they she should be able to see at least the application being submitted to Home office. I don't really care how long they take to respond, I am more worried that they actually have my application. I am surprised that the phone advisor failed to mention that this sort of application can not be tracked.

On a similar note, I have called same help line for my Dad's visit visa application and they were able to tell that it was in progress. Not sure why would it be any different in this case?

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:16 am

Hi Sheedatali,

I'm in the same situation as you. My Partner got the biometrics taken on 4th june in Belgium and so far no information, I also emailed UKVI two days ago and they replied me after one day saying there is no current uptade from my GWF no and date of birth.
I spoke to my solicitor as I am also freaking out and he told me we just have to wait and it's normal because some processing centers just contact us when app is processed and being sent out. I hope he is right!

Hope you'll have an outcome soon!! Please let me know when you hear from them!

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:21 am

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com

I used the link above, if you wanna give it a try also, it's free and they aim to reply in 1 day.

sheedatali

Post by sheedatali » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:41 am

Seems like a call center, I did call them and emailed too. Both times they got back saying they can't find the GWF number and will escalate. Still have not heard anything back from either calls.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:33 am

sheedatali wrote:Seems like a call center, I did call them and emailed too. Both times they got back saying they can't find the GWF number and will escalate. Still have not heard anything back from either calls.
Have you heard anything else from them??