ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have not received biometrics but need to go abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thinkingagain

Have not received biometrics but need to go abroad

Post by thinkingagain » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi - I have not yet received biormetrics for my british citizenship that i had applied on 08th July. I have to go to India as i have some emergency end of this month and can see that i can return only after a month. Is there any suggestion of what i should do? Should i call UKBA and inform this or any advise. Thanks in advance.

noajthan

Re: Have not received biometrics but need to go abroad

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:56 pm

thinkingagain wrote:Hi - I have not yet received biormetrics for my british citizenship that i had applied on 08th July. I have to go to India as i have some emergency end of this month and can see that i can return only after a month. Is there any suggestion of what i should do? Should i call UKBA and inform this or any advise. Thanks in advance.
Once the biometrics letter arrives you have 15 working days (from date of letter) to enrol your biometrics.

If you are a no-show you should receive a second (& final) warning letter; you then have 10 working days (from date) to enrol.
Failing that your application will fail.

It would be prudent to contact HO asap if you risk missing those timeslots due to absence.
The alternative would be to find a relative or friend who can deal with the matter in India so you can keep your application on track.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

thinkingagain

Post by thinkingagain » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:45 pm

Many Thanks. can u pls advise the document that i need to take for Biometric. Apart from the letter of Biometrics, Are there any other document that i need to take?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:18 am

thinkingagain wrote:Many Thanks. can u pls advise the document that i need to take for Biometric. Apart from the letter of Biometrics, Are there any other document that i need to take?
afaik just take the letter & go to a main PO that offers the service:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... il_02_.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.