ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aysie

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by aysie » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:52 am

Can anyone tell me if this is correct.......................
I contacted our MP to chase hubby's application up, home Office told her that its still undecided, and that is all.
Apparently 95% of applications are given a decision within 6 months and we just have to wait............ :cry: :roll: :roll:
Shall i start calling them on a weekly basis?
I also wanted to request mine and our sons passports back, just because they are taking their time to make a decision i don't see why they need to hold on to our passports.
Any advice appreciated.

:D :D

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:48 am

aysie wrote:Can anyone tell me if this is correct.......................
I contacted our MP to chase hubby's application up, home Office told her that its still undecided, and that is all.
Apparently 95% of applications are given a decision within 6 months and we just have to wait............ :cry: :roll: :roll:
Shall i start calling them on a weekly basis?
I also wanted to request mine and our sons passports back, just because they are taking their time to make a decision i don't see why they need to hold on to our passports.
Any advice appreciated.

:D :D

Hi there Aysie,

All you can do is just wait. Just because a few people submitted and got a response early does not mean that yours will be the same. Delay sometimes is caused by the quality of evidence submitted and strength of which your solicitor presented your case. All evidence needs to be properly checked and verified which means they might have to call all or some of the companies to make sure you have submitted authentic proof. If after 6 months you have not gotten a decision, then you can begin to breathe down there neck. Calling them every week is not going to help you because, they won't even inform your caseworker that you have been calling. Therefore, just find yourself a good distraction for now. This things always come back when you least expect it. I am trusting the Lord for you that you are already successful. Patience and faith requires waiting. I believe you are a winner already so just be patient.

Cloudy_9
Newly Registered

Post by Cloudy_9 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:10 am

Hi all,

I would just like to add my timeline as I have been following this thread for a while without actually posting. So here goes:

Category: FLR(FP) Parent of British child
Application date: 6 May 2015
Acknowledgement:
Biometric invitation: dated 21 May 2015
Biometric enrolment: 25 May 2015
Further documents requested: 22 June 2015 (letter from child's GP and landlord)
Further documents sent: 01 July 2015
Documents received by HO: 02 July 2015
Visa issued: 02 July 2015

kensamson
Newly Registered

Post by kensamson » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:10 pm

lily123 wrote:Hello everyone,

I have been following this forum for a while and I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

My story:
  1. I arrived here in August 2006 with my two children and wife.
  2. Applied in July 2012 under the new rules - 7 year child's rules (although my children did not complete their seven years at the time of submission)
  3. September 2013 - application refused
  4. PAP sent but no answer so went for a Judicial Review and right of appeal given
  5. FTT heard - dismissed
  6. First Tier to Upper Tribunal permission- refused
  7. Upper tribunal to Upper tribunal permission - refused yesterday.Appeal exhausted.
  8. My son has lived here for 10 years and my daughter has lived half of her life in the UK by August next year. That is why I think I should go for a reconsideration.
My children have lived here continuously for nearly 9 years. My daughter is 18 years old and my son is 15. I simply can't afford to go for a Judicial Review, go to Supreme Court, or put in a new application.
I have decided to go for a reconsideration on the refused application in 2014 (after the Judicial Review). Can we still do this? What's the best option?

Can someone please advice me on any possible further steps?

Thanks,
hello
pls i just want to a ask you a question did home office sent you any letter after the all appeal exhausted?

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:50 pm

March_LR14 wrote:Hi,

anyone here who has switched from 10 year partner route to 5 year FLR M route with being previously overstayer?

Please if anyone has successfully done that can share this here as i am going to apply my wife's FLR M on tuesday 07th july at croydon premium centre. She has visa under 10 year partner route and she was an overstayer.

Thanks in advance.
My wife application for switch from 10 year partner to 5 year partner route has been successful today.

dr.me
Newly Registered

Post by dr.me » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:16 am

good day member of the forum pls i need help or advise,i received a refusal letter yersterday and i was told we(my wife and 1.6yr old child) should go home b4 we could appeal the case base on the fact that it has been certified.
the fact of the matter was that i received a curtailment letter and could not find any institution that was ready to take me. b4 the deadline of my curtailment,we sent our application. my two previous institution has closed down as they(colleges) told me that i am a high risk student despite the fact that the home office gave me 60 days letter.this led me to apply for flro .i have not seen any case like this when u have to go to ur home country and appeal.my my wife and i are both from the same country. i have no money to buy ticket or to feed them over there if we decides to leave as she only got a job here and we have no means to survive there.i have also leave 6yrs in the uk.
any constructive advise will be welcome thanks

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:37 pm

"Thanks to the conservative party" whoeverwhoever applies from April 2015 and gets refused has to appeal from their home country. Hope this helps
Godgives

lily123
Newly Registered

Post by lily123 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:52 pm

kensamson wrote: hello
pls i just want to a ask you a question did home office sent you any letter after the all appeal exhausted?
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, but no the HO didn't send us anything after all appeals were exhausted, so we applied for Judicial Review.

Thanks,

dr.me
Newly Registered

Post by dr.me » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:41 am

GodGives wrote:"Thanks to the conservative party" whoeverwhoever applies from April 2015 and gets refused has to appeal from their home country. Hope this helps
sorry to say , i made my application in January and not April although i received the decision 2 days ago and at the time of the apllication, i had leave to remain.hope i am not supposed to be included from your interpretation

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:26 am

dr.me wrote:
GodGives wrote:"Thanks to the conservative party" whoeverwhoever applies from April 2015 and gets refused has to appeal from their home country. Hope this helps
sorry to say , i made my application in January and not April although i received the decision 2 days ago and at the time of the apllication, i had leave to remain.hope i am not supposed to be included from your interpretation
@dr.me....this article may clarify what's happening to your application... http://crossborderlegal.co.uk/content/c ... -act-2014/

Lola24
Newly Registered

Post by Lola24 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:07 pm

Please I need someone advice,I know i have posted this before but I'm really worried please.
I applied for flr/fp parent of a britsh citizen.
Applications sent 27/03/15
Biometric received 16/04/15
Biometric done 16/04/15.
Decision not receive since then

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:46 pm

Lola24 wrote:Please I need someone advice,I know i have posted this before but I'm really worried please.
I applied for flr/fp parent of a britsh citizen.
Applications sent 27/03/15
Biometric received 16/04/15
Biometric done 16/04/15.
Decision not receive since then
@Lola24...what kind of advice do you need? You probably have to state what your concerns are. It's most likely why you haven't got a response yet..

Lola24
Newly Registered

Post by Lola24 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:14 pm

@tuga, Thanks for the reply.my concern is that my lawyer said i will get the decision within 2 month after the biometric and is getting to 3 month by next week.

Tuga

Post by Tuga » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:36 pm

Lola24 wrote:@tuga, Thanks for the reply.my concern is that my lawyer said i will get the decision within 2 month after the biometric and is getting to 3 month by next week.
I don't think you should be worried...if it's not a straight forward application 3months is not really a long time. Each case is different and it will depend on the kind of documents and nature of your application...you will find that most applications fall within this time length and can be stretched to 6months or even more.

I don't think you should be worried, if not you can call and check the progress of your application; but I can guarantee you will get a copy and paste response from the operator.
Hope this helps.

Lola24
Newly Registered

Post by Lola24 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:41 pm

@Tuga, Thanks for your help and concerns

goodhope
Newly Registered

Post by goodhope » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:36 am

Hi Guys I am new here so not sure if I am on the right topic.

I am an overstayer and need some advice.

My mum is French but I am an non EEA national but does not work in the UK as she is clinically blind. So she relies on me fully.

My partner is non EEA but has a British child so she has DLR.

What kind of application can I make?

And if we get married will this help my case?

TIA

Iqraahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Iqraahmad » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi I am a silent reader on this forum and need some information about flr fp on family route. My husband was granted a visa for on parent of a British child and british partner
Back in November 2014.

But we recieved the letter from ukba saying he needs to aatend the interview for the purpose of assessing wether any of the grounds of curtailment apply and they put some rules after.
My question is has someone else receive any kind of this letter after been granted visa.

I know they have changed some rules this year April but not sure why they want to interview.
Any information will be appreciated.
Many thanks

dr.me
Newly Registered

Post by dr.me » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:40 am

please i need help as the home office have refused my flr0 application and have be scammed 2 days ago by fake lawyer and i lost 500 pounds to them which i intend to add as part payment for the appeal process.
Now i want to challenge the decision myself and i would need the assistance of u guys to help me as i am short of money now and my family is living by grace now.
the home office decision was certified and i want to challenge this. has anyone gone tru this type of situation b4?
what are the stages b4 i put in for judicial review bcus i want get back the in-country appeal .

Lola24
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) application under consideration

Post by Lola24 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:38 pm

I got a mail from home office today regarding my application and i was told that my application is under consideration.....
Can anyone tell me what its mean "..

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Applications are taking longer time this day. They are sending an email that your application was being considered so be patient in fact you can receive up to 5 of those as seen on google doc timeline for settlement applicants only as an example.

Click on Set LR and on the right-hand screen, you will see comment of different applicants.

It is well, so don't worry
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

JJ4EVR
Newly Registered

Post by JJ4EVR » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:06 pm

Hello good people,

I'm back again with confused letters sent to me by HO 1 hr ago. FYI I've applied for flo fp 1 month ago. I need urgent help please. I've received 3 letters dated 16th of July 2015 & they are sent together in one post.

1. Biometrics letter
2. Letter saying my case raises issues relating to ECHR which are complex in nature & will fall outside normal service standards for decision
3. Request for additional information with in 10 days ( which I really don't understand ). I've mentioned that my passport is with them since 2013 of my visa refusal & they are still asking for it :evil: :x . In one paragraph it says I must return a rectified payment details ( which I've already sent them correct postal order for £649 ), application form ( which I've filled & sent the correct approved form ) and additional information is original passport.

What should I do guys???? I'm planning to call them & ask why they are asking for this as it's been already explained. They gave me 10 days so please guys your quick advice is needed.

Thank you & Bless you all!

JJ4EVR
Newly Registered

Post by JJ4EVR » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:50 pm

JJ4EVR wrote:Hello good people,

I'm back again with confused letters sent to me by HO 1 hr ago. FYI I've applied for flr fp 1 month ago. I need urgent help please. I've received 3 letters dated 16th of July 2015 & they are sent together in one post.

1. Biometrics letter
2. Letter saying my case raises issues relating to ECHR which are complex in nature & will fall outside normal service standards for decision
3. Request for additional information with in 10 days ( which I really don't understand ). I've mentioned that my passport is with them since 2013 of my visa refusal & they are still asking for it :evil: :x . In one paragraph it says I must return a rectified payment details ( which I've already sent them correct postal order for £649 ), application form ( which I've filled & sent the correct approved form ) and additional information is original passport.

What should I do guys???? I'm planning to call them & ask why they are asking for this as it's been already explained. They gave me 10 days so please guys your quick advice is needed.

Thank you & Bless you all!

solaced
United Kingdom

Post by solaced » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Zee ali wrote:
solaced wrote:Dear Forum members !
I need some information and help please.
My entrepreneur appeal in the FTT will be heard in second week of August. There are, to be honest, 50 50 chances to win. My kids have been living and studying here for 6 & half years (next month). Would it be a better move if I apply for 7 years child concession route FLR (fp) now on their being 6 & half years stay here ? Because I am more likely to be refused in the appeal any way, but if I apply now on 7 years route by withdrawing my appeal from FTT and putting a new application in the HO, on the same day, if they refuse,

1- would I be given an appeal right?

No appeal right for 2nd application as section 3c only triggers once when u have valid leave and u apply for a visa and leave subsequently expired while application is pending until concluded. 3c start again when u r given appeal right and u put appeal in time. 3c ends when your appeal right exhausts or u withdraw your appeal

2-would my spouse be working as dependant, as he is working now under PSW (HO is giving 6 months work permission until appeals exhausted)

From where u get this 6 months figure? He can work until all appeal rights exhausted or u withdraw appeal. even appeal take 2 years he can work.

3- what percentage chances of success in the end?

7 years means 7 years. Dont withdraw appeal. Let the appeal going until u exhaust all appeal rights and child turns 7. Than add additional ground (Article 8) in your appeal and try your luck.

Only apply flr fp on 7 years child basis when child actually turn 7. Even though HO will refuse u but than u can file JR and greater chance to win the case in court.

If u apply now as u r thinking (child is not 7) Ho will refuse the application and court also refuse as child was not 7 years old when u applied.

Hope u got my point

I would be very grateful for your input.
Thanks
Hi zee all ! Sorry for late response. Thank you so much for your detailed and proper answers to my each question.
I thought that applications, ( like 7 years child concession route) falling under human rights category, are given appeal rights, if refused. But you said, only JR. Many thanks for apprising of.
I was only considering to apply earlier due to overnight new rules by HO. If they abolished this rule first and published later, as they often do now, our last hope would also dash to ground.
Hoping any further input from you, in this regard.
Regards.

oathkeeper
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by oathkeeper » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:50 am

My FLR FP Timeline and Documents sent

Process took about 5 Weeks

NHS patient summary for child
GP Registration Letter for Child
NHS Surcharge paid
Tenancy agreement
Tax Statements
Bank statements for child and myself
Child Birth Certificate
Child Passport
Certified copy of fathers passport and PR card
Signed Affidavit from child's father
Bank statement for 6 months
My GP patient summary
Gas and Electric contract
P60 for the last 4 years
Cover Letter.

Documents sent to HO...15.05.2015
Date HO received documents: 18.05.2015
Date money was taken out:19.05.2015
Date acknowledgement letter received: 03.06.2015
Date Biometrics letter received: 03.06.2015
Date Biometrics Done : 08.06.2015
FLR FP received : 17.06.201

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:02 pm

solaced wrote:
Zee ali wrote:
solaced wrote:Dear Forum members !
I need some information and help please.
My entrepreneur appeal in the FTT will be heard in second week of August. There are, to be honest, 50 50 chances to win. My kids have been living and studying here for 6 & half years (next month). Would it be a better move if I apply for 7 years child concession route FLR (fp) now on their being 6 & half years stay here ? Because I am more likely to be refused in the appeal any way, but if I apply now on 7 years route by withdrawing my appeal from FTT and putting a new application in the HO, on the same day, if they refuse,

1- would I be given an appeal right?

No appeal right for 2nd application as section 3c only triggers once when u have valid leave and u apply for a visa and leave subsequently expired while application is pending until concluded. 3c start again when u r given appeal right and u put appeal in time. 3c ends when your appeal right exhausts or u withdraw your appeal

2-would my spouse be working as dependant, as he is working now under PSW (HO is giving 6 months work permission until appeals exhausted)

From where u get this 6 months figure? He can work until all appeal rights exhausted or u withdraw appeal. even appeal take 2 years he can work.

3- what percentage chances of success in the end?

7 years means 7 years. Dont withdraw appeal. Let the appeal going until u exhaust all appeal rights and child turns 7. Than add additional ground (Article 8) in your appeal and try your luck.

Only apply flr fp on 7 years child basis when child actually turn 7. Even though HO will refuse u but than u can file JR and greater chance to win the case in court.

If u apply now as u r thinking (child is not 7) Ho will refuse the application and court also refuse as child was not 7 years old when u applied.

Hope u got my point

I would be very grateful for your input.
Thanks
Hi zee all ! Sorry for late response. Thank you so much for your detailed and proper answers to my each question.
I thought that applications, ( like 7 years child concession route) falling under human rights category, are given appeal rights, if refused. But you said, only JR. Many thanks for apprising of.
I was only considering to apply earlier due to overnight new rules by HO. If they abolished this rule first and published later, as they often do now, our last hope would also dash to ground.
Hoping any further input from you, in this regard.
Regards.
Yes now a days if HO certified your claim (Human rights or asylum). u wont get any in country appeal right. Certified means no basis or unfounded claim.

Not easy to change 7 years rule overnight. if u apply early what do u think would u get the visa?

Better to apply after full 7 years.

One of board member here applied for his son 2 weeks before completing 7 years. He is still fighting to get the visa. refused in ftt and now waiting for ut hearing. ftt decision was child was not 7 years when visa applied.

Now choice is yours. we can only advise.

read this guidance could be helpful for u

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided