ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rafael_33
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by rafael_33 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:40 pm

raja4 wrote:I applied dated on 09/07/2015 but yet not receive biometric letter or confirmation.
I sent my application the 05/06/2015 and still no information at all except from the tracking pakage ¬¬. So be patient, let me know If you received something

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:56 pm

alex1128 wrote:
bvc1989 wrote:
alex1128 wrote:Hello guys i freshly applied for my wife which is a non-eea, and we thought we would share our timeline in order to keep in touch with people who applied around July2015, good luck to everyone :
Application sent: 25.06
Received in HO: 27.06
Payment deduction: 29.06
COA w/right to work: pending
RC: Pending (15/11)
Applied as: EEA Citizen and EEA Citizen spouse >10 months

It looks like end of June applications are taking longer to received the CoA :(
Yeah the lawyer told us it may take up to 4 weeks after sending the biometrics!!! But hopefully it will come sooner than this. :shock:
But the question i wanna ask is : is it possible to get a decent job with that coa they send you ?
It´s your only chance...you can either wait six months with no work, or you can at least start looking, getting interviews, seeing how far you go and then letting your potential employer determine whether he will hire you or not.

Actually, the hiring processes here are quite longer than I have experienced back home, so you never know.
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

bvc1989
Newly Registered

Post by bvc1989 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:47 pm

Mileman wrote:
It´s your only chance...you can either wait six months with no work, or you can at least start looking, getting interviews, seeing how far you go and then letting your potential employer determine whether he will hire you or not.

Actually, the hiring processes here are quite longer than I have experienced back home, so you never know.
It's very controversial!

When you access HO website (https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview) you find the following information:

"Stay after your EEA family permit expires:
You can apply for a residence card card or derivative residence card to confirm your right of residence. You don’t have to apply but it will make it easier to prove your right to live and work in the UK."

So, technically, companies shouldn't be requiring this document to hire you...

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:57 pm

bvc1989 wrote:
Mileman wrote:

It's very controversial!

When you access HO website (https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview) you find the following information:

You can apply for a residence card card or derivative residence card to confirm your right of residence. You don’t have to apply but it will make it easier to prove your right to live and work in the UK."

Right, but then they start with "we filled the position internally"...or "we found a better fit"...

bvc1989
Newly Registered

Post by bvc1989 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:13 pm

Mileman wrote:
bvc1989 wrote:
Mileman wrote:

It's very controversial!

Right, but then they start with "we filled the position internally"...or "we found a better fit"...
:x We feel so powerless..

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:19 pm

@bvc1989 it is, and it is stressful and anxiety plays a big part, and you feel juggling a lot of things and just waiting around is never easy.

But I am sure we all came in knowing what to expect and knowing what the game rules were, and this is what I usually try to convince myself of whenever I start to feel edgy...

UKBA...ARRG
Newly Registered

Post by UKBA...ARRG » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:47 pm

rafael_33 wrote:
raja4 wrote:I applied dated on 09/07/2015 but yet not receive biometric letter or confirmation.
I sent my application the 05/06/2015 and still no information at all except from the tracking pakage ¬¬. So be patient, let me know If you received something
It took over 7 calendar days to get my biometric letter, so rafael_33 is right, you just have to be patient!

Ioana27
Newly Registered

Post by Ioana27 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:24 pm

alex1128 wrote:
bvc1989 wrote:
alex1128 wrote:Hello guys i freshly applied for my wife which is a non-eea, and we thought we would share our timeline in order to keep in touch with people who applied around July2015, good luck to everyone :
Received in HO: 27.06
Payment deduction: 29.06
COA w/right to work: pending
RC: Pending (15/11)
Applied as: EEA Citizen and EEA Citizen spouse >10 months

It looks like end of June applications are taking longer to received the CoA :(
Yeah the lawyer told us it may take up to 4 weeks after sending the biometrics!!! But hopefully it will come sooner than this. :shock:
Bu the question i wanna ask is : is it possible to get a decent job with that coa they send you ?

Hi! For those in earlier posts wondering whether it is possible to get an offer for a permanent position I just wanted to let you know that my husband accepted an offer for a permanent position as a Software Engineer with a major company with only his COA and a copy of his passport as the original is still with HO. Before this however, his former employer refused to allow him to continue after his Family Permit expired even though they carried out the Employer Check suggested by HO and made him ask for a new COA twice claiming that the first one looked like it was printed, the second one (although presented sealed in front of them) was unsigned and the third one was pending with their HR for 4 months until he found another job. So I guess it depends on the employer, but legally they should accept it as proof. Hope this info helps.

• Application Sent: 5th March 2015
    Acknowledgement Received: 12th March 2015
    Certificate of Application (Right To Work) Received: 15th March (dated 11th March)
    Requested again for COA as employer refused to accept it because it looked as a printed copy
    Received new COA: 10th May 2015
    Had to request yet again for a new COA because the second one was not signed
    Received 3rd COA: 20th May 2015
    Residence Card: waiting....

nanouk
Newly Registered

Post by nanouk » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:32 pm

Hi Ioana27,

Good to hear that someone had a good experience looking for jobs with the COA!. I'm in a process right not, final interview next week, but it looks good. I also mentioned about the fact I'm applying for the residence card and have the COA and they were ok with it, so hopefully it will go without problems.

Then the scary part comes, what if the RC gets denied? :roll: I always like preparing for thr worst and hoping for the best.

Best case is that the RC comes, I let my "hopefully" work know and everything is fine.

Worst case scenario, I can extend it a little bit and appeal somehow, and hopefully get it sponsored to switch to the Tier2 from the student visa.. I hope..

I sent my application on April, it would assume August/September I would get it in the best case

Thinking positive!

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:16 pm

nanouk wrote:Hi Ioana27,

Good to hear that someone had a good experience looking for jobs with the COA!. I'm in a process right not, final interview next week, but it looks good. I also mentioned about the fact I'm applying for the residence card and have the COA and they were ok with it, so hopefully it will go without problems.

Then the scary part comes, what if the RC gets denied? :roll: I always like preparing for thr worst and hoping for the best.

Best case is that the RC comes, I let my "hopefully" work know and everything is fine.

Worst case scenario, I can extend it a little bit and appeal somehow, and hopefully get it sponsored to switch to the Tier2 from the student visa.. I hope..

I sent my application on April, it would assume August/September I would get it in the best case

Thinking positive!
Thanks Ioana for sharing a success story...this being largely a city of immigrants one hopes they are prepared for this kind of scenario but you never know.

Nano, good luck on your process!

lancolucian
Newly Registered

Post by lancolucian » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:39 am

bashyboy144 wrote:
lancolucian wrote:Hi Everyone,

iam posting first time on this forum as it seems a good way to track your application times. i applied as EEA EFM with my cousin brother . i do not see many members posting about their EEA EFM timeline. it will be much appreciated if few more members can post about extended family member timelines. my timeline is below.
Application posted 18/05/2015
received by HO: 19/05/2015
Received acknoledgement, COA and Biometrics on same day: 28/05/2015 Dated 27/05/2015
Enrolled Biometrics: 29/05/2015
Decision : Waiting :cry: :cry: :?: :?: :roll: :roll:
Hi lancolusian,
I applied as extended family member too . EEA EFM with my brother .
Application sent : 08/05/15
Acknowledgement : 15/5/15
Bio metrics And COA(No right to work ) recieved same day 26/5/15 .
Decision : waiting
Did you receive Coa with right to work ?

Hi Bashy Boy

No i did not receive right to work on COA but iam working as i was was allowed to work on my previous visa.

davetogo
Newly Registered

Post by davetogo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:08 am

Time to update my status. This forum has been invaluable.
There definitely seems to be a delay in processing. Timelines were excellent until end Jan.
Eea1 and 2 married
Application sent: 28/02/15
Coa received:05/03/15
Rc waiting:

RC022015

Post by RC022015 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:40 am

Mileman wrote:

Thinking positive!
Thanks Ioana for sharing a success story...this being largely a city of immigrants one hopes they are prepared for this kind of scenario but you never know.

Hi Mileman,

I second nanouk.

I actually got a temporary contract in a large institution and now I'm moving to another institution for a permanent role.

You should ask your employer to do the employer check (call the HO) and they would confirm your right to work.

They actually have no right to retrieve the offer if it is based on your right to work.

Also the COA is valid until you receive your RC back.

I believe that most companies have no problem with hiring based on the COA but the problem comes rather from inexperience and lack of information from HR whether voluntary (by laziness) or not.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:26 am

RC022015 wrote:
Mileman wrote:

Thinking positive!

Hi Mileman,

I second nanouk.

I actually got a temporary contract in a large institution and now I'm moving to another institution for a permanent role.

You should ask your employer to do the employer check (call the HO) and they would confirm your right to work.

They actually have no right to retrieve the offer if it is based on your right to work.

Also the COA is valid until you receive your RC back.

I believe that most companies have no problem with hiring based on the COA but the problem comes rather from inexperience and lack of information from HR whether voluntary (by laziness) or not.
I think you hit it in the head with that one...recruiters have so many candidates to pick from that any minor detail leaves you out of the race...

Vensai

Post by Vensai » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Thinking positive!

Totally agree that this is dependent on the employer. In my case I wanted to transfer to a permanent role in UK with the company that I have been working for many years. But they put the transfer on hold and came back saying can't do it with COA for a permanent role in UK :shock:

Maybe thier view point is what happens once transferred and RC not issued. hmmm. So keeping my fingers crossed.

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:26 pm

Ioana27 wrote: Hi! For those in earlier posts wondering whether it is possible to get an offer for a permanent position I just wanted to let you know that my husband accepted an offer for a permanent position as a Software Engineer with a major company with only his COA and a copy of his passport as the original is still with HO. Before this however, his former employer refused to allow him to continue after his Family Permit expired even though they carried out the Employer Check suggested by HO and made him ask for a new COA twice claiming that the first one looked like it was printed, the second one (although presented sealed in front of them) was unsigned and the third one was pending with their HR for 4 months until he found another job. So I guess it depends on the employer, but legally they should accept it as proof. Hope this info helps.

• Application Sent: 5th March 2015
    Acknowledgement Received: 12th March 2015
    Certificate of Application (Right To Work) Received: 15th March (dated 11th March)
    Requested again for COA as employer refused to accept it because it looked as a printed copy
    Received new COA: 10th May 2015
    Had to request yet again for a new COA because the second one was not signed
    Received 3rd COA: 20th May 2015
    Residence Card: waiting....
Good stuff Ioana27 !
thx for sharing your experience ;) :)
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

ukstorm1
Newly Registered

Post by ukstorm1 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:59 am

Hi everyone,
Just want to share my recent experience about COA and potential employment.
I'd been invited to job interview to some well-respected company in April. Although I wasn't very keen to get that job, I went anyway for general experience and a bit of curiosity. (I must say, I've been employed by my current company for 3 years and I'm happy about everything). I've been seen by HR head and Line Manager. After I mentioned about COA and waiting for RC, HR head said exactly that:" We are not going to make your life a nightmare. We don't see that as a problem."
On another side of medal I'd been turndown for mortgage twice a month ago. I was trying to explain that I'm not a subject of immigration control and in fact RC is just a CONFIRMATION of my status.It seems they don't really believe in EC directives. Cut the story short, I've been told to jog off and come back with RC and 20% deposit.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:02 am

ukstorm1 wrote:Hi everyone,
Just want to share my recent experience about COA and potential employment.
I'd been invited to job interview to some well-respected company in April. Although I wasn't very keen to get that job, I went anyway for general experience and a bit of curiosity. (I must say, I've been employed by my current company for 3 years and I'm happy about everything). I've been seen by HR head and Line Manager. After I mentioned about COA and waiting for RC, HR head said exactly that:" We are not going to make your life a nightmare. We don't see that as a problem."
On another side of medal I'd been turndown for mortgage twice a month ago. I was trying to explain that I'm not a subject of immigration control and in fact RC is just a CONFIRMATION of my status.It seems they don't really believe in EC directives. Cut the story short, I've been told to jog off and come back with RC and 20% deposit.
Storm, sorry to hear about the mortgage, I hope you can sort it out soon.

On the other hand, thanks for sharing the interview experience, that is the kind of story that makes waiting for the RC a bit less excruiciating, especially when you are out there looking for work as many of us are!

bvc1989
Newly Registered

Post by bvc1989 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi everyone!
We received the CoA with rights to work yesterday, dated 16 July. :D
Do you think we will receive a visit from HO before the RC (married for less than 1 year)?

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Post by alex1128 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:55 pm

bvc1989 wrote:Hi everyone!
Do you think we will receive a visit from HO before the RC (married for less than 1 year)?
Congratulations for you COA !!
i think the visits are quit random depending on your case and luck , but people in this forum have had visits around 3 months after the COA so be ready !!
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016

mcss
Newly Registered

Post by mcss » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi!!
I've been a silence viewer, while I was waiting to receive my RC... So today it has finally arrived!! I almost lost my mobile phone just for you to know the level of happiness that I'm today...
So I sent my application on the 2nd of March and I used the previous form... So we started already doing it wrong... But I received my COA 10 days after so it seemed to not have affected my application... Now I've been working for almost 2 months only having my COA and a national ID... My employer accepted my COA but they checked on the home office website if it was enough for me to work... And we had to wait for 6 working days for them to send an email to them saying that I had the right to work and that they should do this processes after 6 months to check it again... I couldn't do my NIN because I didn't have my passport... So I'm really lucky that my boss didn't make a big deal of me not having it... I couldn't have a bank account also because I didn't have my passport bit my boss didn't have a problem about paying my salary through my husband bank account...
And I applied as married. And we got married in January of this year, and we kept a distance relationship, I'm Brazilian and he is Portuguese, for 4 years, but we had a lot of visas on our passports from the times that he went there to see me and the same for me... So we sent everything to prove that weare in a legitme relationship...
Sent : 02.03.15
RC Received: 18.07.15
Date of RC: 16.07.15

bvc1989
Newly Registered

Post by bvc1989 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:40 pm

alex1128 wrote:
bvc1989 wrote:Hi everyone!
Congratulations for you COA !!
i think the visits are quit random depending on your case and luck , but people in this forum have had visits around 3 months after the COA so be ready !!
Thank you, Alex!
Yeah, better be prepared then...

bvc1989
Newly Registered

Post by bvc1989 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:43 pm

mcss wrote:Hi!!
I've been a silence viewer, while I was waiting to receive my RC... So today it has finally arrived!! I almost lost my mobile phone just for you to know the level of happiness that I'm today...
So I sent my application on the 2nd of March and I used the previous form... So we started already doing it wrong... But I received my COA 10 days after so it seemed to not have affected my application... Now I've been working for almost 2 months only having my COA and a national ID... My employer accepted my COA but they checked on the home office website if it was enough for me to work... And we had to wait for 6 working days for them to send an email to them saying that I had the right to work and that they should do this processes after 6 months to check it again... I couldn't do my NIN because I didn't have my passport... So I'm really lucky that my boss didn't make a big deal of me not having it... I couldn't have a bank account also because I didn't have my passport bit my boss didn't have a problem about paying my salary through my husband bank account...
And I applied as married. And we got married in January of this year, and we kept a distance relationship, I'm Brazilian and he is Portuguese, for 4 years, but we had a lot of visas on our passports from the times that he went there to see me and the same for me... So we sent everything to prove that weare in a legitme relationship...
Congratulations!!! :)

Pursuitofhappiness
Newly Registered

Post by Pursuitofhappiness » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Congratulations MCSS..I'm a little jealous..Lol I think I should just try not to think about my RC otherwise il go crazy .anyone else from February with good news ?

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:44 pm

mcss wrote:Hi!!
Great to see some movement! Thanks for sharing!