ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK NARIC for English Assessment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sushshet
Newly Registered

UK NARIC for English Assessment

Post by sushshet » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi, Can someone who have had experience in recent past please clarify the below?

I am applying for Tier 2 General Visa from India. On points based calculator, I am awarded 10 points for my Knowledge of English as University from where I graduated from and this is listed in the drop-down. In this case do i still need to get a English Language Assessment certificate from UK NARIC or just the evidence of Points based calculator along with Original degree certificate would be sufficient? Thanks!

KPSP

Re: UK NARIC for English Assessment

Post by KPSP » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:24 pm

If you get points on the PBS calculator then that is more than enough. You can put a copy of the same along with your VISA documents.

Thanks

sushshet
Newly Registered

Post by sushshet » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Thanks for response. Do you know then in what cases NARIC certificate is needed as in any case NARIC do not provide the English Assessment certificate if the universities(as listed from PBS calculator) are not in their database.

KPSP

Post by KPSP » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:05 am

NARIC certificate is needed if your University is not listed in the PBS and if the university is not listed in NARIC database then you have to qualify a English assessment examination to prove your skills.