ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I request current Tier2 Biometric card back tool? Help!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jozou
Newly Registered

Can I request current Tier2 Biometric card back tool? Help!!

Post by jozou » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:18 am

Hello all,

I am currently holding a Tier 2 General visa, but has decided to apply to EEA 2 as well, as it provides more flexiblity on employment.

Some people have said do not submit the Tier 2 biometric card, but in the application form, it specifically stated that any biometric card must be submitted. So this is out of question.

My question is:

When I ask for my passport back after the application's accepted, can I request the biometric card back as well?

In theory I should right, as Tier 2 is a completely different thing than EEA2 and we should be allowed to retain both.

But how's it like in practice? Any one has any experience or advise?

Thank you so much!!!

tazboys2
Newly Registered

Re: Can I request current Tier2 Biometric card back tool? He

Post by tazboys2 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 am

hi, what you have done at the end? i am at the same position as you are and i need to learn.

thanks

alex1128
Member of Standing
Mood:
Morocco

Re: Can I request current Tier2 Biometric card back tool? He

Post by alex1128 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:28 pm

jozou wrote:Hello all,

I am currently holding a Tier 2 General visa, but has decided to apply to EEA 2 as well, as it provides more flexiblity on employment.

Some people have said do not submit the Tier 2 biometric card, but in the application form, it specifically stated that any biometric card must be submitted. So this is out of question.

My question is:

When I ask for my passport back after the application's accepted, can I request the biometric card back as well?

In theory I should right, as Tier 2 is a completely different thing than EEA2 and we should be allowed to retain both.

But how's it like in practice? Any one has any experience or advise?

Thank you so much!!!
Hello Jozou,

When you request your passport you can request your biometric visa as well as an additional document and you can travel with it with no problem as long as its not expired.
Many members of this forum including me have done this and travelled with no issues...
Application sent: 25.06
Biometrics : 10/07 (dated 07/07)
COA: 29/07
Received Questionnaire: 09/11
RC : Refused ( 23/01/2016)
Appeal Filed : 25/01/2016