ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I give up on EEA(PR) - Bloomin' HO

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gomjaba

I give up on EEA(PR) - Bloomin' HO

Post by Gomjaba » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:43 am

When I initially looked at getting the British Citizenship, I read in the AN guides that it is advisable to get a document certifying permanent residence first, as otherwise the application might be delayed.

The same was advised by people here in the forums.

So I started to look into EEA(PR) - Need to add that I am German citizen and applying for myself (married to a BC though).

Given that there is no NCS service for PR applications and you need to submit copies as well, I already started paying a fortune on paper, folders and even more importantly (and expensively), toner.

Anyway, after weeks of collecting papers, begging for employer references, copying, sorting and spending ££, I finally sent off my application, spending yet another £30 on postage plus £30 return postage.

Same day I notice I forgot some debit card digits on the application form, called the HO immediately and was advised to re-send the form with cover letter.

Done that. And there you go - in next to no time I am getting my Case ID and the money is deducted from my account.

And then ? Postman rings ... with a bag of documents and a letter from the HO saying that my application is invalid because they don't have any payment details - a day after they deducted the payment.

Another call - answer: Send it through again... So spending another £30 on postage ?

The reason I am really ticked off though is not necessarily the payment issue (even though they clearly need to communicate in the HO better), but what did annoy me is

1. I spend a fortune on Lever Arch Folders and indexing everything
2. I spend £30 for RMSD return of documents
3. Papers were sent back in a back without the folders.
4. RMSD envelope was not used, but it was sent recorded only. Reasoning according to HO: Only when an application is successful the envelope will be used to send the PR alongside the original documents (wtf?)
5. Originals and copies where sent in the same envelope by the HO in a mess.
6. Pages were ripped out of folders (damaged)
7. Originals and copies were randomly mixed - took about 2hrs to sort again
8. A lot of pages, copies and more importantly originals, aren't just damaged but nearly destroyed (some are ripped in half)
9. Dividers are damaged to the point they go into the bin
10. An older passport (expired, but still) has folded pages now
11. Given the damage on some documents, I will need to request and re-copy a lot.

So last night, after I finished a third bottle of whisky and hours of sorting, I was wondering - why the fudge am I even doing it. I mean I do want the BC, but why PR first.

Now I am 99.75% certain I got enough proof. So either PR or BC should be approved.

A BC application can take up to 6 months as well, in some cases longer. Now they say not providing a PR as EEA citizen might delay it .. But the damn PR itself can take up to 6 months !

There is no NCS / premium service for EEA PR applications - so you need to send originals .. Given my experience with the way the HO handles my documents, I really don't want to do it again.

So what's next - well, I will skip the PR. I mean yes, application might take longer, but waiting for the PR takes ages too so you can decide between a rock and a hard place.

Thats it .. enough vented ...

secret.simon

Re: I give up on EEA(PR) - Bloomin' HO

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:42 am

PR status is earned automatically if you have exercised treaty rights for five years.

As the spouse of a British citizen, you can apply immediately on achieving settlement status (PR).

NCS is available for citizenship.

I would say that you might as well as just apply directly for citizenship. You sound like you do not need advice on structuring your application. Just make sure that you cover the fact that the documentation is to prove PR status and that you are applying as the spouse of a British citizen clear in the covering letter.

Best of luck.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:59 am

Whining about the money you have spent on a open forum where many (most) people have had to spend thousands of pounds on their visa applications wins you zero favours...

Additionally, did the application state to arrange the documents in the way you did? If not, you spent 'a fortune' on arch lever files off your own back. The IO will put the docs in the order they need and so advice is always to make it easy to rearrange docs - filing or binding docs makes this more difficult for them.
Last edited by physicskate on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:04 am

physicskate wrote:Whining about the money you have spent on a open forum where many (most) people have had to spend thousands of pounds on their visa applications wins you zero favours...
I am whining about the HO destroying original documents. Not looking for favour of any kind.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:09 am

Gomjaba wrote:
physicskate wrote:Whining about the money you have spent on a open forum where many (most) people have had to spend thousands of pounds on their visa applications wins you zero favours...
I am whining about the HO destroying original documents. Not looking for favour of any kind.
To what end??? They ripped my original degree certificate from a Russell Group University. Suck it up!

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:14 am

physicskate wrote:
Gomjaba wrote:
To what end??? They ripped my original degree certificate from a Russell Group University. Suck it up!
And what's the point in attacking me ? Flipping hell, you really need to chill out

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:15 am

To what end??? They ripped my original degree certificate from a Russell Group University. Suck it up![/quote]

What's ur point?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:14 pm

Annebee wrote:To what end??? They ripped my original degree certificate from a Russell Group University. Suck it up!
What's ur point?[/quote]

My point is that whining and whinging won't change the fact that HO look at your docs as they see fit and yes, they get damaged etc...

The OP was whining about spending, what, £100 when most applicants spend thousands and still have their docs ripped. The OP was just having a whinge and had no constructive discourse. I was trying to put that into perspective and get the OP to move on. Writing a 1000 character diatribe was not helpful and really encouraged a lack of empathy for their situation.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:38 pm

physicskate wrote:<snip>
For people around you it must be a delight to deal with you.