ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - Apply and Absences

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asimshah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Citizenship - Apply and Absences

Post by asimshah » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:19 pm

Hi Guys
Need help please confused Need some urgent help please
I got ILR In January 2015 so I can apply for naturalization in January 2016?
I can spent maximum 90 days outside UK in first 12 Months after getting ILR?
My concern is when I apply Naturalization in January 2016 can i spent more time outside UK before getting the naturalization( While HO is deciding the application) the limit for 90 Days is only for first 12 Months?
Due to my business I need to travel a lot outside UK I am suffering a lot due to this 90 Days Limit?
Please guide me will highly appreciate your prompt replies
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship - Apply and Absences

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:31 pm

The absence limit in the 12 months before applying for ILR is calculated up to the date of application.

If you travel AFTER you have applied, these will not be counted in the absence limit of 90 days in last 12 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asimshah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by asimshah » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:09 pm

CR001 wrote:The absence limit in the 12 months before applying for ILR is calculated up to the date of application.

If you travel AFTER you have applied, these will not be counted in the absence limit of 90 days in last 12 months.
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply A
is there any time limit like when we applied for ILR we can apply 28 days in advance is it with Citizenship as well

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:54 pm

No, there is no '28 days before' concession for citizenship. You need to have ILR for a full 12 months before you can apply. The only time you do not need to wait 12 months is if you are married to a British citizen and have 3 years legal residence which includes any length of ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.