ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Omor4real wrote:Zee Ali Sheffield premium, Thank you I just decided to follow their law but am not sure if my interpretation was right or i was just lucky. As I saw in one of their guidance that once an appeal is allowed the application become incomplete until HO make a lawful decision and the applicant can apply to vary the application.

So i just assume am on 3c until HO can get the court to overturn the decision to grant me a visa. Am just over the moon.
I was saying that u might be lucky because of this (Read red text).

While waiting to see if home office will appeal against the decision, i called tribunal to know what HO intention is and they told me HO want to appeal against the decision.

But at the end u got ILR. That is the main thing. Now pray for smir .
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

violetta
Newly Registered

Post by violetta » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife is a US citizen that's been living here 14yrs and applied for LR at the end of October. They (for some reason) sent her application back because they said they lost her documents/then recovered them....then sent them back? They refunded the fee.

Anyway, we resent at the end of January this year. We received an acknowledgement letter a few weeks later. However, it's now 17th July and no biometrics letter. Nothing. No word from them.

How can I get in contact with them - I presume i would have to contact the Home Office? Would prefer to email them. Have tried looking for their contact details online but nothing.

What do you think is taking so long? Is it normal to have to wait 6, nearly 7 months for a biometrics letter?

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:18 pm

violetta wrote:Hi everyone,

My wife is a US citizen that's been living here 14yrs and applied for LR at the end of October. They (for some reason) sent her application back because they said they lost her documents/then recovered them....then sent them back? They refunded the fee.

Anyway, we resent at the end of January this year. We received an acknowledgement letter a few weeks later. However, it's now 17th July and no biometrics letter. Nothing. No word from them.

How can I get in contact with them - I presume i would have to contact the Home Office? Would prefer to email them. Have tried looking for their contact details online but nothing.

What do you think is taking so long? Is it normal to have to wait 6, nearly 7 months for a biometrics letter?
AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but I suggest you call them to inquire what is going on?

violetta
Newly Registered

Post by violetta » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Do you happen to know what their number is? Do you think they'll be okay with me calling on behalf of my spouse? She'll be at work tomorrow til late so she can't call.

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:34 pm

violetta wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Do you happen to know what their number is? Do you think they'll be okay with me calling on behalf of my spouse? She'll be at work tomorrow til late so she can't call.
HO call centre: 03001232241- They will ask you the case id, name, date of birth and address. You can explain to them that you are a representative calling on behalf of your wife. I had same issue although mine the letter was lost in the post and after two days it was resent.

violetta
Newly Registered

Post by violetta » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:08 pm

thanks so much for that!

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:27 pm

violetta wrote:thanks so much for that!
To be honest with all the drama you've had with HO if you really want to know what is happening to your application and you need the answer fast. Contact your MP to make that request on your behalf.

rajj121
Newly Registered

Post by rajj121 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:41 am

rajj121 wrote:Dear Members,
I am going to PEO on 6th Aug, My query is in my current passport there was an error they did not put my surname, later on they have corrected on same passport but on other page, would it cause me any problem? secondly i got Acro criminal and Disclosure Scotland both are clear. can i attach them with my application? Thank you
Any suggestions please? Thank you

violetta
Newly Registered

Post by violetta » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:25 am

Sorry - more questions.

Will try ringing HO on Monday to find out what's happening with the application. Do you think they'll be able to tell me what stage it's at over the phone as long as my wife confirms her identity? I mean, would they have that kind of information available to them? Sorry if that's a silly or obvious question.

I might try the MP, yes. We'll see how the phone conversation goes on Monday.

Secondly, for the application address we put down her mother's house because we knew we'd be changing addresses in a few months so it was just easier to put down her address as we knew she'd always be living there. She said she hasn't received any news/letters etc. Do you think we can get the address changed over the phone so we can get letters sent to our new, permanent address now?

Thanks for all the help.

GBforum
Newly Registered

Post by GBforum » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:37 pm

Dear Members (Zee Ali)

I have the below situation

Entry Clearance Date: 04/09/2005 (Student)
Enter UK Date: 20/09/2005
Visa Ending Date: 28/08/2015
10 Years Completion Time: 20/09/2015 or 04/09/2015

As i understand from the feedback of valuable members i can apply 28 days early. In most cases in the other blogs i see many of them count their date from Entry Clearance Date. However, in my case the 10 years date does not complete none of the dates (whether i count Entry Clearance Date/ Enter UK Date). As the rule said i can apply either ENTRY CLEARANCE DATE (04/09/2005) or ENTER UK DATE (20/09/2005). I have not found any example where the person has apply 28 days early and their Entry Clearance Date was over 28 days. Even though i checked the 5 Years rules are bit different from 10 years long residence.

Dear Members as my visa is expiring 25 days earlier than 10 Years Long Residence period and the date of Entry Clearance Date and the Enter UK Date both do not cover the 25 short days and i have not found any example on that situation. Need helps with reference from the Members of the Immigration Board.

Please understand the scenario and get the feedback and thank you for your help and advice.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:22 pm

GBforum wrote:Dear Members (Zee Ali)

As i understand from the feedback of valuable members i can apply 28 days early. In most cases in the other blogs i see many of them count their date from Entry Clearance Date. However, in my case the 10 years date does not complete none of the dates (whether i count Entry Clearance Date/ Enter UK Date). As the rule said i can apply either ENTRY CLEARANCE DATE (04/09/2005) or ENTER UK DATE (20/09/2005). I have not found any example where the person has apply 28 days early and their Entry Clearance Date was over 28 days. Even though i checked the 5 Years rules are bit different from 10 years long residence.

Dear Members as my visa is expiring 25 days earlier than 10 Years Long Residence period and the date of Entry Clearance Date and the Enter UK Date both do not cover the 25 short days and i have not found any example on that situation. Need helps with reference from the Members of the Immigration Board.

Please understand the scenario and get the feedback and thank you for your help and advice.

first clear on this

Date of first entry counts . Not entry clearance date (visa issue date)

Now give dates when u first enter the UK and when current visa expire and how may days u short.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:45 pm

'To God be the glory great thing he hath done'

My SET (LR) application has been finally approved after a lengthy 8 months wait...

Timeline:

SET(LR)Application sent: 11-11-2014
Acknow received: 14-11-2014 (Dated 13/11/14)
Biometric received: 24-12-2014
Biometric recorded: 01-12-2014
Approval date: 13-07-2015
Docs Returned: 14-07-2015
Biometric received: 15-07-2015

*Previous passports/visas were lost by the UKBA so submitted letter from GP and HMRC letter...
*In April 2015, received letter from UK visas & immigration that they aim to make a decision by 15 Dec 2015 cos they were waiting to hear from other govt agencies.

*Google doc already updated

Qwa
Newly Registered

Post by Qwa » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Hello...
I'm new to this web site and hope im writing in a correct location.

Can anybody please tell me is PEO service available for ILR Long residence route??
has anybody gone through and obtained ILR on the same day please..???

Many thanks

GBforum
Newly Registered

Post by GBforum » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:17 am

Zee ali wrote:

first clear on this

Now give dates when u first enter the UK and when current visa expire and how may days u short.

Dear Zee Ali

As you asked for the below information i add it.
Entry Clearance: 04/09/2005
First Enter the UK: 20/09/2005
Current Visa Expire: 28/08/2015
Visa Short for: 25
Required Date for 10 Years from First Enter the UK: 20/09/2015

Thanks for your quick reply and please consider the above situation once more as the details are there.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:03 am

GBforum wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

first clear on this

Dear Zee Ali

Thanks for your quick reply and please consider the above situation once more as the details are there.
Ok. I repeat again entry clearance date is irrelevant don't mention in again and again

So u first enter UK on 20/09/2005. COUNT 28 days backward. As u r eligible or qualify for ILR 28 days before completing full 10 years

So u can apply for 10 years LR from 23/08/2015.

As your current leave expire on 28/08/2015. U r in a safe place.

Better to book PEO same day service from 23/08/15 to 28/08/15

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:16 am

GBforum wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

first clear on this

Dear Zee Ali

Don't make your life difficult. Everyone has told you can apply 28 days early and you will be fine. You have 9 years 11 months 9 days i.e. from 20.09.05 to 28.08.15. The guidelines state it very clearly you can do that. Forget about about the 04.09.2005 as this date does not count. It is just common sense- you have to be in the UK to earn the year count. After 9 years 11 months you can apply. Whatever the case, your visa is short and you better make up your mind really fast than going in circles on your issue. It is recommended to those with appeals at the tribunal first to withdraw and apply after earning the 10 year count and this is done mainly to be on the safe side in case the application is considered before the 10 year mark. So basically, don't confuse the two. If you don't trust or believe what gurus tell you on this forum I suggest you contact a solicitor and spend a few quid. All the best

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:49 am

violetta wrote:Sorry - more questions.

Will try ringing HO on Monday to find out what's happening with the application. Do you think they'll be able to tell me what stage it's at over the phone as long as my wife confirms her identity? I mean, would they have that kind of information available to them? Sorry if that's a silly or obvious question.

I might try the MP, yes. We'll see how the phone conversation goes on Monday.

Secondly, for the application address we put down her mother's house because we knew we'd be changing addresses in a few months so it was just easier to put down her address as we knew she'd always be living there. She said she hasn't received any news/letters etc. Do you think we can get the address changed over the phone so we can get letters sent to our new, permanent address now?

Thanks for all the help.
There is a possibility that your bio letter was sent and got lost in the post. If that's the scenario, you should have received an email reminder about it- assuming you provided them with a functional email id. With your case I am optimistic they will provide some kind of explanation why your wife has not received the bio or unable to proceed on the next step. Your case is very unusual since bio letters are often sent fairly quick these days following some initial checks. I think your query is very justifiable thus the MP route. Depending on how you approach it, HO should be able to disclose some information. Let us know what they tell you. On a few occasions, I have rang them and they have been very helpful on generic stuff. I also don't think you will be able to change address on the phone. You might need to fill an appropriate form which they will possibly refer you to.

rajj121
Newly Registered

Post by rajj121 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:16 am

I am going to PEO on 6th Aug, My query is in my current passport there was an error they did not put my surname, later on they have corrected on same passport but on other page, would it cause me any problem? secondly i got Acro criminal and Disclosure Scotland both are clear. can i attach them with my application? Thank you
Dear Zee ali and SEL7 Please advise. Thank you

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:41 am

rajj121 wrote:
This is just my personal opinion- wait from Zee Ali and other members for their comments. Your passport shouldn't be a problem as it was corrected but to be on the safe side have it notarized. For the other question, most people tend to mention them in the application but I am not sure if it is necessary to attach the documentation.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:05 pm

SEL7 wrote:
rajj121 wrote:
This is just my personal opinion- wait from Zee Ali and other members for their comments. Your passport shouldn't be a problem as it was corrected but to be on the safe side have it notarized. For the other question, most people tend to mention them in the application but I am not sure if it is necessary to attach the documentation.
No need to notarized as u r submitting original passport with application. Does HO carry your correct surname in their record? If yes than no need to worry. write about this error ( now corrected) on your covering letter.

No need to submit criminal disclosure .

SJ307

Post by SJ307 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:44 am

Dear all,

My PEO appointment is on 14th August. I have couple of questions to clarify before I go for my appointment. Please help me.

1) My appointment is exactly 28 days before I complete 10 years (my arrival date 10//09/2005). Counting backwards from 10th September 2015 (including that date), my appointment date 14th August is exactly 28 days. Would this be a problem? should I be within 28 days?

2) My second question is regarding a visa renewal which I did in 2010. All my visa extensions or visa applications were done in the UK, except this one. My visa expiry date was 31 January 2010. I went back Sri Lanka on 09th January and made an application for visa renewal. My appointment was before 31st Jaunary 2010, where I submitted all my documents. Visa was issued on 09 February and I got the passport around 20th of February and travelled back to the UK on 25th Feb.
My question is, the gap between 31st January and 09th February - will it be considered as a break in continuous residence in the UK?

This makes me nervous and if this will be considered as break, then I won't be able to apply for SET(LR). Dear senior members and gurus your help would be highly appreciated.

mlz00001
Newly Registered

Post by mlz00001 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:02 am

Hello all,

would really appropriate it if someone could help me with the follow questions regarding to the application form:
The long residence application form asking for doctor's letter showing registration for each year of your stay....? I've only be registered with three and sometimes move around cities makes it difficult to register every year , I am guessing if I try to obtain letters from previous GPs, it would not be high on their priority, which would take long time.

Also withr egards to council tax and utility bills, it is the same thing, especially, when i lived in a shared household, sometimes the rent is all bills inclusive....

Could anyone let me know how important is it for me to provide all the documentations required in the application form:
- everyyear council tax bill
- every year gas, electricity, gas
- every year doctor regisration letter
- Employer's letter confirming the dates during which you have been employed,
- Full birth certificates shown parents names (not even sure if i have one as they didn't issue these back in the days..)
- letter from department for work and pensions

violetta
Newly Registered

Post by violetta » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:24 am

hmm, made a post but it's not showing up

Anyway. Tried calling. Automated voice service said it basically can't help me. Tried email them using appointmentenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Is this the right email? So sick of this and ready to give up. Seems like they don't want to help you, they're really hard to get hold of.

I sent an email inquiring with all my wife's details since we don't have case ID - such as name, DoB, address etc. and told them if it's a case of being lost in the post, please resend to new correspondence address - also done an online form submitting new address. Just nervous to see what's happened and ready to give up a bit.

Hope this works, too. What if they don't reply? Does anyone know how long they normally take to get back to you via email? And is that definitely the right email address?

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:13 am

mlz00001 wrote:Hello all,

would really appropriate it if someone could help me with the follow questions regarding to the application form:
The long residence application form asking for doctor's letter showing registration for each year of your stay....? I've only be registered with three and sometimes move around cities makes it difficult to register every year , I am guessing if I try to obtain letters from previous GPs, it would not be high on their priority, which would take long time.

Also withr egards to council tax and utility bills, it is the same thing, especially, when i lived in a shared household, sometimes the rent is all bills inclusive....

Could anyone let me know how important is it for me to provide all the documentations required in the application form:
- everyyear council tax bill
- every year gas, electricity, gas
- every year doctor regisration letter
- Employer's letter confirming the dates during which you have been employed,
- Full birth certificates shown parents names (not even sure if i have one as they didn't issue these back in the days..)
- letter from department for work and pensions
Hi ...
U dont need to provide all these documents for long residence application.
If you read the form carefully then you will realize that u only need these documents to prove that you are living in UK for last 10 years if u dont have all of ur passports during 10 years.
Regards
Khan

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:24 am

violetta wrote:hmm, made a post but it's not showing up

Anyway. Tried calling. Automated voice service said it basically can't help me. Tried email them using appointmentenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Is this the right email? So sick of this and ready to give up. Seems like they don't want to help you, they're really hard to get hold of.

I sent an email inquiring with all my wife's details since we don't have case ID - such as name, DoB, address etc. and told them if it's a case of being lost in the post, please resend to new correspondence address - also done an online form submitting new address. Just nervous to see what's happened and ready to give up a bit.

Hope this works, too. What if they don't reply? Does anyone know how long they normally take to get back to you via email? And is that definitely the right email address?
Violetta have told you if you really want to know what is happening asked your MP for help. They are really making contacting them difficult, if they manage to pick your call they won't tell you anything, instead they will tell you someone will call you back. The email you use is about appointment, i doubt if they will reply. Am telling you this because have had to use my MP when i couldn't get any information from the call centre and in less than a week i heard back from HO.