ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reapplying visitor visa after refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeddie

Reapplying visitor visa after refusal

Post by zeddie » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:04 pm

Dear all, I hope someone can advise us in this tricky case. My elderly parents applied for a UK visit visa from bangladesh and we got refused. We used a very good immigration lawyer and the issue was not the lawyers fault. When my dad went to submit the docs at the VAC in Dhaka, the person behind the counter said not to submit certain documents such as the lawyers cover letter explaining that my dad is officially retired but works as a director in a travel agent, and will only make money once the company makes a profit. He also rejected the land registry document and said this was not necessary for the application. My father being elderly accepted all this and submitted the application without these key documents.

The lawyer kept writing to the eco to complain and to hold off processing the application as clearly it was incomplete after incorrect advice from the VAC officer in Dhaka. She wanted them to take the cover letter from her and the land registry doc. They didnt listen and processed the application and refused the visa for my parents.. I have attached the refusal letters.

I would like to ask what is the best thing we can do now to get my parents visa done asap? Reapply with the land registry doc and another cover letter explaining the work situation, or is there any way to appeal or complain?! Clearly we were not in the wrong here! The VAC Officer was also very rude to my parents and really should have had no say in what he is and isnt allowed to submit!! Clearly there are some serious issues here with the dhaka VSF office, but we just want to quickly get them a visa so they can visit me and need to know the best way out of this. Appreciate your help..

PS. i cannot attach the refusal letters because i get the message: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Appealing a refused Visit Visa (Not our fault!)

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:18 pm

Submit a new application with all the relevant documents. See why in this link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/righ ... -abolished
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:04 pm

oh no :( but isn't there someone higher up we can take this to? Clearly this is not our fault. The refusal letter says 2 reasons for refusal. 1. We didn't explain finances. This was all explained in the lawyers cover letter which the officer at the submission centre in dhaka didn't accept! 2. No evidence of property. Again the land registry document was rejected for submission by the officer in dhaka vsf office! He said these documents are not needed.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Just reapply - it's your father's word against the person on the desk and as none of us where there, who knows what actually happened.

Could refer up to the ECM, but my guess is they'll back the employee....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:29 pm

Thanks Wanderer.. yep we are reapplying..

The cover letter I think will be very important here and needs to address all the reasons for refusal.

The refusal letter gave reasons that included not understanding my dads finances and no evidence of employment and income received. ECO was not sure where the money came from. No evidence of property and also not enough evidence of ties to Bangladesh. We need to address all this and also include a list of his and mums relatives in Dhaka too maybe.

Finally, from the list of supporting documents to be submitted, I’m guessing only all the bank statements need to be new and updated versions and also my payslips. Rest of the supporting docs are ok?

Can we be confident they will indeed look at it as a fresh application and not as an application thats already been refused? How does it work

zeddie

Visit visa for parents - I am too sick to travel

Post by zeddie » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi

Just need some advice please. My elderly parents in Bangladesh have already been refused a visit visa once a few months ago because the Eco was not satisfied they would return as my dad is retired. The reasons were unfair but what can we do.

I have been sick for a long time and recently my condition has worsened. We are thinking of reapplying but this time using my condition as a main reason why they need to visit. My consultant has said I cannot travel and he can put this is writing too. My parents have savings and property in Bangladesh. I am their only child living in London. They haven't travelled much as they're over 70.

How strong are our chances of getting a successful outcome this time based on the above new evidence and case? I haven't seen them in 2 years and need to see them desperately as I'm not well at all.

Appreciate your advice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Reapplying visitor visa after refusal

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:39 pm

Apply with evidence of reurnability/close ties to home country (pension, estate, income, savings, etc.) that seem have been missed being included the last time.

Irrespective of why they wish to visit, the ECO needs to be sure that they will return. With an earlier refusal for the same reason, it becomes even more important to prove that they will because they have reason(s) to.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!