ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chandi76
Newly Registered

Return of passport

Post by chandi76 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:48 am

Hello everyone, my family and I applied for the British Citizenship in 23rd March 2015. As we could not get an appointment with the NCS we had to send our passports. Now my husband has to go overseas for a week (as a requirement of his job) and trying to get back his passport. We have sent the request mid May but no reply so far. We have also sent 3 reminders but nothing happened. Then we phoned the HO. The front line staff in the HO did not have a clue about our passports and he said HO will call us back within 48 hours. Of course they did not call us so we phoned them again. They advised to send a letter explaining why we need the documents. We did that too and still waiting for our passports

Does anyone have a similar experience? If so have you managed to get the passport back? If you have been lucky enough to get the passport back can you kindly share your secret with us too please. My husbands' employers is really annoyed with the whole situation and does not help in anyway

Thanks

Chandi

noajthan

Re: Return of passport

Post by noajthan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:45 pm

chandi76 wrote:Hello everyone, my family and I applied for the British Citizenship in 23rd March 2015. As we could not get an appointment with the NCS we had to send our passports. Now my husband has to go overseas for a week (as a requirement of his job) and trying to get back his passport. We have sent the request mid May but no reply so far.

Does anyone have a similar experience? If so have you managed to get the passport back? If you have been lucky enough to get the passport back can you kindly share your secret with us too please. My husbands' employers is really annoyed with the whole situation and does not help in anyway

Thanks

Chandi
Assuming you made your request online:
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

Anyway there's a similar case here:
british-citizenship/return-of-passports ... t#p1215396
- maybe you could try getting your MP to help too.

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mr&mrs smith
Newly Registered

Post by mr&mrs smith » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:39 am

noajthan wrote:
chandi76 wrote:Hello everyone, my family and I applied for the British Citizenship in 23rd March 2015. As we could not get an appointment with the NCS we had to send our passports. Now my husband has to go overseas for a week (as a requirement of his job) and trying to get back his passport. We have sent the request mid May but no reply so far.

Thanks

Chandi
Assuming you made your request online:
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

Anyway there's a similar case here:
british-citizenship/return-of-passports ... t#p1215396
- maybe you could try getting your MP to help too.

Good luck.

Hi Both,

i would like to request back too for travel, i have just submitted return request online, how long does it takes, will they recharge for the appliaction??

please as i m bit confused

chandi76
Newly Registered

Post by chandi76 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi

Last week Thursday we went to see the MP and she phoned the home office. Apparently HO have no records of our requsts of returning passports. So the MP emailed them and we are still waiting

Chandi

minyoung.b14
Newly Registered

Post by minyoung.b14 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:44 pm

HEllo
I have a similar experience I have had to ask my MP for the documents to be returned because the HO would not reply or return my documents at all!

I do not understand why they say 10 working days if it doesnt work like that?

Anyways I have emailed my MP and his assistant got back to me and said this :
However, if you email me back authorising that the MP requests these documents on your behalf, we can forward your information onto the Home Office and request that they send your passport and residence card back to you. I must remind you that doing so, however, may affect your application, even so much as it may be withdrawn.

so I said I would like him to requests these documents on my behalf as long as they DO NOT withdraw my application because when the HO asked I ticked NO to my application being withdrawn.

And the MP's assistant requested those documents on my behalf but didnt say whether my application was being withdrawn or not. I am really worried because He did not say anything after that .

Does anyone know if MP request the documents the HO will withdraw my application or not?

I really hope they won't,

please let me know if any of you know thanks