ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help with child registeration as a BC.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Annebee

Please help with child registeration as a BC.

Post by Annebee » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:47 am

Can I please see your advise on registering my baby as a British citizen following receipt of permanent residence after birth. The baby was born before permanent residence was issued.

Here are my questions .

1. I am married and now with permanent residence (from EEA route) but my husband doesn't have permanent residence yet. Will my daughter qualify based on permanent residence status

2. Do I have to get my country passort for my baby before application or will the birth certificate suffice?

3. If I can apply based on my status , am I right to believe I should be applying under section 1(3)?

4. On the MN1 form question 1.3 is asking for the date the child acquired permanent residence or ILR. Do I have to apply for ILR or permanent residence or something for my baby first . IF NOT .what information should I enter into that field .

Please pardon me if I sound naive , but your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

noajthan

Re: Please help with child registeration as a BC.

Post by noajthan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:18 am

Annebee wrote:Can I please see your advise on registering my baby as a British citizen following receipt of permanent residence after birth. The baby was born before permanent residence was issued.

Here are my questions .

1. I am married and now with permanent residence (from EEA route) but my husband doesn't have permanent residence yet. Will my daughter qualify based on permanent residence status

2. Do I have to get my country passort for my baby before application or will the birth certificate suffice?

3. If I can apply based on my status , am I right to believe I should be applying under section 1(3)?

4. On the MN1 form question 1.3 is asking for the date the child acquired permanent residence or ILR. Do I have to apply for ILR or permanent residence or something for my baby first . IF NOT .what information should I enter into that field .

Please pardon me if I sound naive , but your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
In which country was your child born? Was it UK?

1) If child was born in UK, yes 1 parent's 'settled' status (PR) is enough.

2) You may wish your child to have a passport from your country (as a dual national) but for UK purposes the birth certificate is enough.

3) Yes, section 1(3) of BNA for a child born in UK before permanent residence was issued to parent

4) No, you do not have to apply for ILR or PR for the child.

This is a generic form used to cover all eventualities for registering minors.

Not sure if you should leave 1.3 blank or put in the parent's date.
You could add a comment to explain the position in the 'Further Information' section (page 31); cross-reference the comment to Q1.3
In any case you enter the date the parent acquired PR in the mother/father sections of the form.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:43 am

noajthan wrote:
Annebee wrote:Can I please see your advise on registering my baby as a British citizen following receipt of permanent residence after birth. The baby was born before permanent residence was issued.

Here are my questions .

Many thanks in advance.
In which country was your child born? Was it UK?

1) If child was born in UK, yes 1 parent's 'settled' status (PR) is enough.

2) You may wish your child to have a passport from your country (as a dual national) but for UK purposes the birth certificate is enough.

3) Yes, section 1(3) of BNA for a child born in UK before permanent residence was issued to parent

4) No, you do not have to apply for ILR or PR for the child.

This is a generic form used to cover all eventualities for registering minors.

Not sure if you should leave 1.3 blank or put in the parent's date.
You could add a comment to explain the position in the 'Further Information' section (page 31); cross-reference the comment to Q1.3
In any case you enter the date the parent acquired PR in the mother/father sections of the form.

Yes , my baby was born in UK.
Many thanks for your super fast and very informative and clear response. I am so grateful as you have made life easier for me.
I think I will enter the date I acquired PR in 1.3. Or I could also check with the person at the NCS .

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:22 am

Annebee wrote:I think I will enter the date I acquired PR in 1.3. Or I could also check with the person at the NCS .
Yes, sounds a sensible approach. In my experience NCS are very helpful.

Best of luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.