ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arya1
Newly Registered

Re: March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

Post by Arya1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:29 am

Hi All,
I have been silently following the March applicants’ forum every now and then since my application date 31/03/2015.
Received my approval letter today and ceremony booked for 25th July.

My timeline:
Eligibility criteria: 5 Year + 1 ILR (Tier 1 General)
Language criteria met: Life in the UK and Indian Degree with English medium cert from Uni
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Tower Hamlet
Date of application: 31/03/2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 01/04/2015
Date of fee deducted: 21/04/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 23/04/2015
Date approval received: 21/07/2015 (dated 17/06/2015)
Date of ceremony: 25th July

Once again this forum is been a great platform for knowledge sharing and has abundance of right information for people like us.

One sincere advice to all the good people waiting for decision on their applications, please do not check the status every day, it will only aggravate your restlessness and frustration. Personally I would suggest this should be the last thing to be worried about, as your frustration doesn’t expedite the approval process, rather invest your time in something which you enjoy.

Good luck and all the very best to everyone who is still awaiting approval!!

31march2015
Newly Registered

Post by 31march2015 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:33 am

31march2015 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 2years llr + 4 years ilr
Language criteria met - Life in the UK & IELTS (2006) Cambridge ESOL
Method of application: NCS Newbury
Date of application: 30 March 2015
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 31 March 2015
Payment cleared on: update 17/04/2015
Date of acknowledgment: update 2 received 24/04/2015 dated 17/04/2015
Date approval received: 21/07/2015 dated 15/07/2015
Date of ceremony: booked for 28/07/2015

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO IS WAITING.

neilhardy
Newly Registered

Post by neilhardy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:01 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 plus 2 years ILR ( me + wife + 1 child)
Language criteria met - Life in the UK & Degree from India + PBS + IELTS expired (taken in India)
Date of application: 17th March
Date of acknowledgment: 23/03
Date approval received: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting

Still waiting guys.. Is IELTS (expired ) taken in India valid. I asked the question to NCS, they dont know no..
Also not submitted NARIC... only PBS..
Is anybody here with Family appplication?
Thanks guys

spikey

Post by spikey » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:02 pm

neilhardy wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 plus 2 years ILR ( me + wife + 1 child)
Language criteria met - Life in the UK & Degree from India + PBS + IELTS expired (taken in India)

Still waiting guys.. Is IELTS (expired ) taken in India valid. I asked the question to NCS, they dont know no..
Thanks guys
Expired IELTS works fine. Also tick mark the Box on form where it mentions that english language requirement was met during your ILR.

31march2015
Newly Registered

Post by 31march2015 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:26 pm

neilhardy wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 plus 2 years ILR ( me + wife + 1 child)

Thanks guys
I had expired IELTS from India (2006). My approval has come through today.

spikey

Post by spikey » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:34 pm

31march2015 wrote: I had expired IELTS from India (2006). My approval has come through today.
Congrats :wink:

Penny Humphrey
Newly Registered

Post by Penny Humphrey » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:34 pm

Fantastic advice but so difficult to resist. I made my application on the 11/03 so very very frustrated.

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:55 pm

Arya1 wrote:One sincere advice to all the good people waiting for decision on their applications, please do not check the status every day, it will only aggravate your restlessness and frustration. Personally I would suggest this should be the last thing to be worried about, as your frustration doesn’t expedite the approval process, rather invest your time in something which you enjoy.
Sage advice indeed. Except only checking once a day would actually be an improvement for me! :oops:

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:48 pm

FireballXL5 wrote:
Arya1 wrote:One sincere advice to all the good people waiting for decision on their applications, please do not check the status every day, it will only aggravate your restlessness and frustration. Personally I would suggest this should be the last thing to be worried about, as your frustration doesn’t expedite the approval process, rather invest your time in something which you enjoy.
Sage advice indeed. Except only checking once a day would actually be an improvement for me! :oops:
Same here. Tired of refreshing the page :shock: :D

mr&mrs smith
Newly Registered

Post by mr&mrs smith » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:16 pm

goldencreeper wrote:
pneeds wrote:
goldencreeper wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 Year Route ILR
Language criteria met - Life in the UK and UK degree
Current nationality: Indian
Council name if NCS used: West Berkshire
Date of application: 02-03-2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of acknowledgment:
Date of debit or clearance of fees:
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:
Hiya, I will be applying through West Berks as well (Newbury?).

To show lawful residence, was your passport enough?
Yes that should be enough. I had my passport, Life in the UK and my masters degree certificate. That's all.

Hi ,
I have just applied on acknowledged on 16th July I hve submitted my passport , is it necessary to submit passport ??

Regards

Smith

neilhardy
Newly Registered

Post by neilhardy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:20 pm

Thanks guys for the reply..I didnt tick the option of IELTS though as NCS stated not to worry as we sending the proof. Instead, ticked the option of Degree outside plus PBS. God knows..

I think family applications takes longer than usual as well.

spikey

Post by spikey » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:11 pm

I did that last week.
neilhardy wrote:Thanks guys for the reply..I didnt tick the option of IELTS though as NCS stated not to worry as we sending the proof. Instead, ticked the option of Degree outside plus PBS. God knows..

I think family applications takes longer than usual as well.
I think recently all the applications are taking ages to get processed.

wkdwaves1
Newly Registered

Post by wkdwaves1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:45 pm

Hey Guys

does anyone know how long it takes for the documents to be returned after you have received the approval? i received the approval last Saturday but still waiting for the documents to be returned. any idea.... :roll:

Dal

Post by Dal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:04 pm

Hi all,

Two days ago I had a dream with my child application, HO refused it! :( :( :( :shock: :shock:
Today around 5pm I received a white large envelope ,when I opened it , was my son BRITISH CERTIFICATE :D :D :D

MN1 APPLICATION TIMELINE
Applied NCS 09/03/15
Received By UKBA 10/03/15
Confirmation letter received 18/03/15(dated 12/03/15)
Approval Waiting
Certificate received 23/07/15 (dated 20/07/15)

It took 4,5 months.

Now is time to apply for my youngest son.

Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Dal

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:11 pm

Dal wrote:Hi all,

Two days ago I had a dream with my child application, HO refused it! :( :( :( :shock: :shock:
Today around 5pm I received a white large envelope ,when I opened it , was my son BRITISH CERTIFICATE :D :D :D

MN1 APPLICATION TIMELINE
Applied NCS 09/03/15
Received By UKBA 10/03/15
Confirmation letter received 18/03/15(dated 12/03/15)
Approval Waiting
Certificate received 23/07/15 (dated 20/07/15)

It took 4,5 months.

Now is time to apply for my youngest son.

Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Dal
Congratulations to your son :)

Dal

Post by Dal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:56 pm

Tks a lot Ironmaiden!

You will receive yours one very soon.

Xx

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:31 am

[quote="Dal"]Tks a lot Ironmaiden!

You will receive yours one very soon.

Xx[/quote]

Congratulations :-)
Was it for your son only? Not yours?

m10
Newly Registered

Post by m10 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:18 pm

Hello people,

Finally the wait is over, received my approval letter yesterday dated 17/07/2015.

Although I personally feel it took longer than it should have considering it was a straight forward case, I am still glad UKVI sent the approval letter way before the 6-month deadline that they are expected to abide by except for complications in any case that they work on.

Have booked-in for the ceremony with the council on 5th August, 2015.

Wish each one of you who are still waiting good luck, just a matter of time before you will have that brown envelope in your hands which will say, "I am pleased to tell you that this application for British citizenship has been approved..." Tathastu (meaning, "So be it") !!

Warm Regards,

M10

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Good luck and all the very best to everyone who is still awaiting approval!!
Good advise .. I think about it the same way - I will send my application to the home and forget about it (well try anyway) ...

Dal

Post by Dal » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Tks Jaweb!

I only applied for my first son(4 years) and later In August
I will apply for my 1 year old son as both were born in England.

Not sure if I am going to apply for myself. I hold
a Portuguese passport and Uk Certifying Permanent Resident.

Lets wait and see.

Dal

Nandysl
Newly Registered

Post by Nandysl » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:22 pm

31march2015 wrote:
31march2015 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 2years llr + 4 years ilr
Language criteria met - Life in the UK & IELTS (2006) Cambridge ESOL
Method of application: NCS Newbury
Date of application: 30 March 2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 31 March 2015
Payment cleared on: update 17/04/2015
Date of acknowledgment: update 2 received 24/04/2015 dated 17/04/2015
Date approval received: 21/07/2015 dated 15/07/2015
Date of ceremony: booked for 28/07/2015

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO IS WAITING.

Congratulation to you on your approval, I applied from Newbury too on 27th March and still waiting..

martin54

Post by martin54 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:09 pm

Hi everyone,
I got letter from HO today that my English certificate is not acceptable and i have to send them ESOL English language certificate by 11th of august.However,i did the exam today and i passed it at Learning Direct centre but the certificate will take up to 10 to 12 working days to arrive. I applied my BC on 10th of march 2015 but i dont know if the ESOL entry 3 will be accepted because of the new law of the English Requirements and approved center. I asked the Learning Direct centre about the ESOL and i was told that they still accept the ESOL english from their centre before November this year. Pls can someone clarify me if the ESOL Entry 3 will be accepted? .

I summitted 2 English certificates for my Application before which i passed from college.

No 1. That is entry 3 in English Edexcel functional skills Qualification and awarded by Ofqual. HO did not accept it. Because is not B1 ESOL entry 3.

No 2. That is level 1 in English City& Guilds functional skills Qualification and awarded by Ofqual.
HO office didn't accept it as well.

I believe my update will give the rest of the applicants that applied first and second week of March a rest of mind that their application will be approve soon.

Many Thanks
Martin

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:42 pm

martin54 wrote:Hi everyone,
I got letter from HO today that my English certificate is not acceptable and i have to send them ESOL English language certificate by 11th of august.However,i did the exam today and i passed it at Learning Direct centre but the certificate will take up to 10 to 12 working days to arrive. I applied my BC on 10th of march 2015 but i dont know if the ESOL entry 3 will be accepted because of the new law of the English Requirements and approved center. I asked the Learning Direct centre about the ESOL and i was told that they still accept the ESOL english from their centre before November this year. Pls can someone clarify me if the ESOL Entry 3 will be accepted? .

I summitted 2 English certificates for my Application before which i passed from college.

No 1. That is entry 3 in English Edexcel functional skills Qualification and awarded by Ofqual. HO did not accept it. Because is not B1 ESOL entry 3.

No 2. That is level 1 in English City& Guilds functional skills Qualification and awarded by Ofqual.

I believe my update will give the rest of the applicants that applied first and second week of March a rest of mind that their application will be approve soon.

Many Thanks
Martin
Hello mate,

Have you checked the list on following link? https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v5.0.pdf

It says: "The following are the lists of approved secure English language tests and test centres that have been assessed as meeting the Home Offices requirements from 6th April 2015. Anyone taking a test on or after 6th April 2015 that they intend to use in a UK immigration application must take one of the tests listed in table 1 at one of the approved test centres in table 2 or table 3. Table 1 also details the CEFR level and minimum grade requirements for each level"

I'm not sure if that applies you but am sure senior members could answer that or you might call HO. I submitted IELTS but when I spoke to one of the test centres for ESOL, they said it would take up to 3 weeks ro receive the result. They also said, they can provide a letter stating that you successfully passed the exam and results will be sent within 2 weeks. They said HO accepts that but not sure if that's accurate information.

martin54

Post by martin54 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:32 pm

ironmaiden wrote:

Many Thanks
Martin
Hello mate,

Have you checked the list on following link? https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v5.0.pdf

It says: "The following are the lists of approved secure English language tests and test centres that have been assessed as meeting the Home Offices requirements from 6th April 2015. Anyone taking a test on or after 6th April 2015 that they intend to use in a UK immigration application must take one of the tests listed in table 1 at one of the approved test centres in table 2 or table 3. Table 1 also details the CEFR level and minimum grade requirements for each level"

I'm not sure if that applies you but am sure senior members could answer that or you might call HO. I submitted IELTS but when I spoke to one of the test centres for ESOL, they said it would take up to 3 weeks ro receive the result. They also said, they can provide a letter stating that you successfully passed the exam and results will be sent within 2 weeks. They said HO accepts that but not sure if that's accurate information.
Thanks for the replied. My application was submitted by march before the new law came out and the letter i got today stated that ESOL entry 3 or level 2 that include speaking and listening regulated by office of Ofqual will be accepted but what is on the HO website is different that if you are taking English will be approved centre and that is the reason i am confused.

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:37 pm

martin54 wrote:
ironmaiden wrote:

Many Thanks
Martin
Hello mate,

Thanks for the replied. My application was submitted by march before the new law came out and the letter i got today stated that ESOL entry 3 or level 2 that include speaking and listening regulated by office of Ofqual will be accepted but what is on the HO website is different that if you are taking English will be approved centre and that is the reason i am confused.
To be honest, I would personally not worry if it says that in the letter. The letter has written by caseworker and if she/he states that Ofqual will be accepted, there's no need to worry about what their website says.