ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amending spouse settlement visa application submitted online

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krish1989

Amending spouse settlement visa application submitted online

Post by krish1989 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:17 am

Hi,

I have made an application appointment for my wife on 27/07. The visa type is Spouse settlement visa. I am on ILR visa and have submitted the application online.

However after submitting the application and on printing the application form, found that there are few mistakes in the application submitted.

As you cant amend the application after it has been submitted, can I make changes to the form by hand in writing.

Please advise. Thanks,

Raju1

Re: Amending spouse settlement visa application submitted on

Post by Raju1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:45 am

krish1989 wrote:Hi,

I have made an application appointment for my wife on 27/07. The visa type is Spouse settlement visa. I am on ILR visa and have submitted the application online.

However after submitting the application and on printing the application form, found that there are few mistakes in the application submitted.

As you cant amend the application after it has been submitted, can I make changes to the form by hand in writing.

Please advise. Thanks,
Krish,

As long as you haven't paid the application fee you are feel free to go with new application or else just use your existing applicaton and make corrections to it.

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:51 am

hi,

thanks for the reply. I have paid for the appointment already.

when you say "else just use your existing applicaton and make corrections to it"

do you mean change the application from by hand in ink. Are they going to be OK with it?

Thanks

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:56 am

Yes that's fine.

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:00 am

krish1989 wrote:hi,

thanks for the reply. I have paid for the appointment already.

when you say "else just use your existing applicaton and make corrections to it"

do you mean change the application from by hand in ink. Are they going to be OK with it?

Thanks
Yeah that should be fine if you make changes to your existing application with pen or pencil.. If you want to be more safe side, just mention the changes in a pargraph in your cover letter..

Cheers!!

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:28 am

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate your time on this.

I have another quick question. As mentioned in my first query, the appointment for the application is on 27/07.

I am self employed in the UK and am providing the contract for the current job I am working in at the moment.

However I am finishing the contract on 24/07 and starting my new job on 03/08. I have not included the contract for the new job as I dont have it yet.

is this going to cause any issues?

Thanks,

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:49 am

krish1989 wrote:Thanks for the reply. Appreciate your time on this.

I have another quick question. As mentioned in my first query, the appointment for the application is on 27/07.

I am self employed in the UK and am providing the contract for the current job I am working in at the moment.

However I am finishing the contract on 24/07 and starting my new job on 03/08. I have not included the contract for the new job as I dont have it yet.

is this going to cause any issues?

Thanks,
As far as i remember, we do not furnish the details of client anywhere in the application. I believe you are having your own limited company which you will be using for company details.

For the documentaion point of view, you can submit contract letters of previous & new contracts along with a letter from agency of new contract you will be under contract services with client name XXXX for the duration XXX with day rate XXX and with the start date of assignment etc

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Thanks again for the reply. Another quick question.

My limited company was formed in June last year. I was in a permanent salaried employment till July 18th 2014.

I started my new job with my client as a contractor on July 21 2014.

I have payslips from my limited company since Aug 2014.

Since the appointment date is 27/07/2015, I can only provide payslips till June 2015.

That makes it 11 months of payslips. (Aug 2014 - June 2015).

I am providing all the relevant documents for the company like the CT600, unaudited accounts etc.

Would 11 months pay slips be enough or do I need to wait until next month to include 12 months.

Please note that my wife's spouse visa was refused in May 2015 due to the fact that I didnt provide CT600, company incorporation certificate and VAT reg certificate.

I am including all of the above now, but am not sure if 11 months pay slips will do or if I need to wait for another month.

Thanks,

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:43 pm

Appreciate that there are more people looking for answers here but would be grateful if someone can answer this

I'm in a dilemma as to whether I withdraw the application because of the reason mentioned above and apply after a month or would it be OK to apply now.

Thanks,

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:59 am

krish1989 wrote:Thanks again for the reply. Another quick question.

My limited company was formed in June last year. I was in a permanent salaried employment till July 18th 2014.

I started my new job with my client as a contractor on July 21 2014.

I have payslips from my limited company since Aug 2014.

Since the appointment date is 27/07/2015, I can only provide payslips till June 2015.

That makes it 11 months of payslips. (Aug 2014 - June 2015).

I am providing all the relevant documents for the company like the CT600, unaudited accounts etc.

Would 11 months pay slips be enough or do I need to wait until next month to include 12 months.

Please note that my wife's spouse visa was refused in May 2015 due to the fact that I didnt provide CT600, company incorporation certificate and VAT reg certificate.

I am including all of the above now, but am not sure if 11 months pay slips will do or if I need to wait for another month.

Thanks,
As per the rules, you need to provide payslips/dividend vouchers/business n personal bank statements/VAT returns/P60 and all other financial documentation covering the CT600 generated for the related fiscal year which is April end.

I believe you already have CT600 with online HMRC filing responce (mandatory) for the year end April 2015, you should be okay to go with the appication.

If you are much concern about extra 1 month, you can also submit your previous one year(PERM job) payslips/bank statements/P60.

Cheers!!

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:52 am

Sorry for reopening this thread.

Thanks Raju for the great help. I have another question though.

Following on from the earlier questions/replies, I have realised that the application had errors in 5 to 6 places in total.

The settlement visa is for my wife and kid. Both the applications had errors on them.

Wife's settlement visa application form:

1. Have you been refused entry (for e.g. at airport or seaport) - Have mentioned yes, but only now realised that the entry has never been refused, its only the entry clearance (visa) that has been refused

2. Have you been refused visa - did enter yes there but the category of visa has been entered wrong (instead of settlement visa, chosen Tier-1 Extension dependent)

3. My (sponsor's) DOB is wrong by a day

Kid's settlement visa application form:

1. Name - Name has been entered wrong (surname for first name and first name for surname)

2. Have you been refused visa - Entered NO instead of yes

I feel uncomfortable in changing these many details by hand. is it going to be OK to change all of these by hand and provide a covering letter for the mistakes in online application form.

Thanks

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:08 pm

That should be alright. Not a problem.

If you still worry about the corrections, you can feel free to withdraw the application by requesting for refund (provided your appointment is within the withdrawl period) and then make a fresh application.

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Great, thanks for the assurance.

I am in a crazy situation. Crazy as it may sound, I have hired a lawyer after the visa was refused for the first time and paid them a lot (a lot!!) of money.

It was the lawyer who filled the application forms incorrectly even after a lot of emails and submitted them, and is not available currently now to make any withdrawls or requests for refunds.

which is why I am stuck in this situation. think I'll go ahead with the application by changing them by hand.

Thanks,

krish1989

Post by krish1989 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:16 pm

Also, btw what is the "provided your appointment is within the withdrawl period" withdrawl period.

my appointment is on 27/07

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:03 pm

krish1989 wrote:Great, thanks for the assurance.

I am in a crazy situation. Crazy as it may sound, I have hired a lawyer after the visa was refused for the first time and paid them a lot (a lot!!) of money.

It was the lawyer who filled the application forms incorrectly even after a lot of emails and submitted them, and is not available currently now to make any withdrawls or requests for refunds.

which is why I am stuck in this situation. think I'll go ahead with the application by changing them by hand.

Thanks,
Its really interesting to see how can an immigration solicitor do such silly mistakes. I am getting laugh whether they studied law or something else.. You shouldn't give them money at all for this act. Instead you could have blast at them for these mistakes.

Anyways you make corrections by hand to your application and write up in cover letter about these corrections..

nowadi
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Amending spouse settlement visa application submitted online

Post by nowadi » Tue May 22, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi Krish1989,

I'm going through the same thing with my visa, i know it's been a couple of years but did your visa get accepted after amending it by hand and writing a cover letter?

thanks so much.