ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Couple: SET05 Settlement Route Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

svarma241
Newly Registered

Unmarried Couple: SET05 Settlement Route Question

Post by svarma241 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi,

I am currently living and working in London on Tier 2 work permit.

I came to UK in 2009 to study my Master's and after finishing my MA, I applied for PSW Visa. In Nov 2012, I applied for Tier 2 work permit.

Since 2010, I have been living with my girlfriend in a shared accommodation. Both of us are working currently and earning more than £18,600 per person, per annum. I just found out about the unmarried settlement route and wanted to figure out if I would be eligible for an ILR. My girlfriend is from EEA (Romania) and has been living in the UK since 2009 as well. We met when we were studying our Master's.

In terms of documents:
- I have emails from letting agencies with a copy of our letting contract with my name, my girlfriends and the 3rd person's name who's been sharing the accommodation with us. I should have this for all 5 years. If required, I can request originals from the letting agencies.
- I can request councils for previous bills since 2010 which will have my, my girlfriend's and the 3rd persons name (as it is a shared accommodation) on it.
- Both me and my girlfriend can request letters from bank stating the addresses for last 5 years.
- I should also have email itinerary for our holiday last year (has both our names).

Do you think this should be sufficient documentation for applying for unmarried couple ILR? And would I qualify for the settlement?

Hope to hear from someone soon : )

--
me!

Obie
Ireland

Re: Unmarried Couple: SET05 Settlement Route Question

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:16 pm

You should stick to your current part to settlement which is 2 years away if my maths is correct.

You will not get ILR if you apply under EU law.

The most you will get is a 5 years Residence Card.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors