ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Caught by immigration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

m000n

Caught by immigration

Post by m000n » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:18 pm

Hi again
i took help from u nice pplz many time this time plz again i nead advice.
yeterday me and my hubby which is illegel here overstayer we were sitting in one of friend shop and all of suden immigration and police staff enter in the shop and they closed the doors and start investigation.
they ask me and my hubby whats urs link with this shop my hubby said we are just friend of owner and came here just for food.
they took my hubby detaild and they chked on phone but find nothing then they ask to my hubby which status he was here and which year he came in uk my hubby lie that he came here 2001 and on spouse visa and i explain too that he is on my visa that was lie.they said there is no record so they give my hubby chance and they gave one card with address on and said come down as soon posible with urs pasport.then just we left and we were thanking to God that they dint arest my hubby evevn they arested one other illegel from shop.
my q is what will hapen if my hubby dnt go there.he have no pasport
and if he will not go there will they start searching for him.they have my hubby detail just writen on one pad.name and date of birth .can they can trace him?
shall we change address?
if he wana go back home for apply is it any prob for him?
they dint took finger prints
will they farward my hubby detail to police to search?
what will happen if he dnt go there
please help me we dint sleap all nite
God bless u all

m000n

immigartion

Post by m000n » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:19 pm

my status is british
but me and my hubby only marriage islamic not regestration.
they dint ask my name and address nor date of birth

tinux

Post by tinux » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:25 pm

nothing shall happen. change address and hope for the best.
may God be with u

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:39 pm

m000n, maybe you can start thinking about regularising the status of your husband.

m000n

Post by m000n » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:42 am

Yes now we thinking seriously to regulise his status.he is going back home and aplly for spouse visa.just want to ask.when he will apply from home country shall he nead to tell every thing true or just say i never been to uk?
Bless u

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:24 am

The truth is always the best approach. However, it never hurts to consider how to present your case and make sure not to dig a hole for yourself.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:26 am

Try a search on the forum on how other posters in your situation have dealt with the overstays before. If I remember correctly, the advice is to recognise that it was a bad decision and to appear contrite.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:55 pm

Moon
I think you where lucky yesterday, but let this be a warning to get your affairs in order.
The HO will probally make it law that all foreigners have to carry the new ID which will come in to force next year in April, so if you are stop in the future and asked for immigration details and can not produce this ID you will arrested and deported.
Good luck.

m000n

immigration

Post by m000n » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:41 pm

thanks you very much for help.
God bless you all
if i nead any other advice i will let all u pplz know
many thanks

awesomeadil

Post by awesomeadil » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:40 pm

But truth can be a biggest enemy as well!!! I was truthful about my overstay and was refused a Spouse Visa!!!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:31 pm

awesomeadil wrote:But truth can be a biggest enemy as well!!! I was truthful about my overstay and was refused a Spouse Visa!!!
What was your response when they brought up the overstay?

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:39 pm

You escaped this time next time maybe you won't be so lucky.... try and get you Husbands status legalised

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:34 pm

awesomeadil wrote:But truth can be a biggest enemy as well!!! I was truthful about my overstay and was refused a Spouse Visa!!!
But there must have been other reasons for the refusal, right?

I have NEVER seen a refusal based solely on overstay, it would be unlawful to do so.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

m000n

immigration

Post by m000n » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:43 pm

when he came in this country he used other name so now when he will come back then he will use his orignal name.and orignal pasport so if he will leave uk for home country and on airport they top then what he tell orignal name or the name he is using?

awesomeadil

Post by awesomeadil » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:01 pm

Victoria!! If you can look at my post give your input it would be appreciated

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:15 pm

awesomeadil wrote:Victoria!! If you can look at my post give your input it would be appreciated
Just read it! Shocking! We can continue this conversation there.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

m000n

Post by m000n » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:38 pm

Hi i want to ask another thing
my hubby is now ready to go back.and he is leaving soon.i just want to ask if before leaving if immigration again arest him the send him out to his country then what should we say its removal of depotation and what is the diffrence between removal and deportation.
and one more thing whic will afect more on our spouse visa.
i m worried with ut hubby i cant do nothing evevn i dnt know where is bus stop and i do work full time evevn i had miscariage recently but for him i m doing this but i dnt know the way to my job and its far.
i request to aal member plzz pray for me and pray for my hubby that he get spouse visa as soon posible and come to me with out himi m nothing :(
God bless u all

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:14 pm

I know what you feel, but remember as long as you stay strong no force in this entire universe will make you apart.
May God be with you

Decus et Tutamen

Post by Decus et Tutamen » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:03 am

Deportation means that the Secretary of State has personally signed an order saying that you're being turfed out and don't darken the door ever again, although you can apply for a deportation order to be revoked, normally after 3 years. Removal is just that: you are required to leave the UK, but are able to seek to return at any point.

If your husband returns to his home country in order to seek entry clearance, he should tell the truth whilst presenting his circumstances in the best possible light. That he has left the UK voluntarily without being forced out by the Immigration Service will be in his favour. Also, if he has previously claimed asylum in the UK, his fingerprints will be on reccord and any biometric details taken by the embassy/high commission abroad will find a match, so honesty is the best policy.

tinux

Post by tinux » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:35 pm

Be honest and play within the rules.
example don't say he felt like over staying but rather say it was extremely difficult to leave Spouse since being madly in Love and in stead of waisting the money and time he made the marriage solid through this hardship
along these lines

Also honesty is very important he must make sure that all documents are not fake and present a solid file . also remember

accommodation
finance
marriage

these are the three rules

get help or come here there are many people who can help or better ask Victoria and others to make an application for you any money you pay is worth it i can assure you

finally
Whatever God decreed is what shall happen be strong and have faith

m000n

Post by m000n » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:08 pm

hi again
my hubby is in homeland and while he was traveling nobody stoped himat airport.no body asked any thing even nobody took his detail he just passed and traveld to homeland.
now i just want to ask he have no detaild or record in uk evevn he never aplied for asylum and no crimnal record no finger print even when he came to uk there was no real visa on his pasport he was traveling on other name.i mean to say he uk dnt know this person evevr come in uk or not so what shall he do.shuld he tell evevry thing true or just tell he is aplying first time?
mmany thanks
God bless u

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:16 pm

Ok, At this stage no body will know what will happen and what to advice.

1. If you apply as a new person he is bound to get an interview and they will ask all sorts of questions to make sure your relationship is genuine.
if you have trust in his confidence then may be he will get lucky by putting an application

2. If you says the truth, it will be very painful because if you say you were applying with wrong name or entered the country wrongly. ECO will get upset and cannot allow some one to enter the country who was here wrongly.

My advice is for you to go their get married, take photos and apply as normal and prepare

m000n

Post by m000n » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:59 pm

Thanks jamalkhan.
One more thing i am doing 2 jobs and both jobs is worth 1100 pound.i pay 625 rent a month and i have two bed flate and share with one other tanent which.i am living in master bed room.so is it enough to show?

Aaliyah110

Post by Aaliyah110 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:01 pm

Yes it is enough evidence other evidence to gather is :

Payslips,
Bank Statements
Statements from your family and friends of how long they have known you as a couple
YOur employer letters that your workin there
your rental agreement
your mortgage papers if you have any
your savings if you have any

Also tell the truth when applying as trust me they can find out if he overstayed here, I ahve not seen the new form of the spouse visa, but it may ask this question I do not think it did in the old one about overstaying. The truth is the best way I was apart from Jamal khan for 6 months but because we told the truth in every step and produced strong financial evidnece, yes they refused us but then they overturned it...trust me you will be ok but you may go through some seperation but in the end you will be together just stay strong as we did.
Honestly your lucky he was not detained so now take this as an opportuinity to get his status right and get him back you will suceed trust me we did and so will you.
May God be with you and just pray and have faith.

m000n

Post by m000n » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:36 pm

Thnaks Aaliyah,i cry evevry day caz i am away from him.this time is hard for me and for him too.i dont know when will this time will pass.i am lil scared that if we tell truth may be he never get visa but i will try my best.what do you mean by statment from family or friend.is it important?one more thing i have not much saving.i have just 1000 pound in my saving ,is it enough?
God bless u.