ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Basra wrote:@ Please advise,
My SET(LR) application has been refused due to one time more than 6 months (19 May2011 to 03 May 2012 absences 349 in one year) absence from UK and due to this my absence are 712 total.
That was happened because my Father was seriously Ill and I have submitted his complete medical record during my absence period. I have submitted covering letter along with my application to describe everything.
Reasons of Refusal:
I was absent from the United Kingdom from 19 May 2011 until 3 May 2012, a single absence of 349 days, in addition, you were absent from United Kingdom for a total 752 days in total in the 10 years. As noted continuous resident is considered broken if an applicant absent more than 6 month continually in one year and more than 540 days in 10 years.
Comments on Medical evidences:
You have leaved on 19 may 2011 and provided the return confirm return ticket 02 july 2011 but you have stayed 349 days.You have provided a doctors letter confirming that your father 68 years old was admitted to hospital and you were eldest member of family it was your moral n emotional and realistic responsibility to deal this situation.
But you have mentioned that at application page 14 you’re younger brother, elder sister and your wife are resident in Pakistan so it is not accepted that it was necessary for you’re to stay there.
Facts of the matter:
My younger brother was study in other city and lived in hostel and he was 20 years old that time. My elder sister got married 15 years ago and living her children n husband in different city, children ages are less than 10 years. My mother was died in 2008 about 7 years ago,, I got married in October 2011 after 4moths of this accident. I and my father were living along in house…so I was entirely my responsibility to deal this situation.
i got right of appeal.
kindly advice me what should i need to do at this stage.
thank you
@Basra sorry to hear that. i hope u will get your ILR in appeal.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

tuhin

Post by tuhin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Hello everyone
I sent my ILR application in the end of January on the basis of 10 yrs. I was on 3d, In the 1st wk of February in my appeal hearing my lawyer changed the ground to consider my ILR as I am in the UK for 10 yrs and my everything was fine in my last 10 yrs to the judge. The judge allowed my appeal last month after 5 months, and ordered HO to give me ILR. Within 14 days time HO didn't appeal against the decision also refunded my court fees.

1.5 month gone I received my court decision but still waiting for the HO approval...can I approach to my MP right now?? or is this too early?? what do you think?? somebody says HO take longer time if some one push them through MP. I am totally confused :oops: . Please share ur opinions. Thanks.

Regards
T

wings.007
Newly Registered

Post by wings.007 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:12 pm

Hello Every One,

Plz Help my ILR was approved at Croydon on 10th July but I haven't received my BRP yet,

Today was 8th Working day :( :( :(

I am very abset, Please let me know if it i usual.

Mali1212
Newly Registered

Re: 10 year set lr PEO

Post by Mali1212 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:34 pm

Please someone help with the situation
as tried to find info on home office page but nothing is helpful there...
I am applying under set lr and planning to book appointment at P E O however would need some advice from experts..
Date of entry uk. 02. 10. 2005. Student
student extension in may 2008
p s w extension April 2010
back to student extension in June 2012 which was valid until September 2013
I got married in the uk with my wife in January 2013, and she was on tier 1 general visa until September 2013.
I travelled to back home in order to obtain the dependant visa which was granted in may 2013 whilst I had student visa valid and I came back to UK in the may and was away from UK almost 60 days.
I applied as tier 1 general dependant in September 2013 with my wife but home office refused her extension under some very minor issue which was granted by the court and we both received our passports in august 2014 with 3 years visa expiring in 2017.
my wife completed her 10 years so she applied for set lr in October 2014 which granted Feb 2015, hence I did not applied for the visa with her as I might had to travel to my country and so on. I visited few solicitors and they assured me it should not lead any negative impression when I apply my set lr in September 2015.
I have no criminal or civil, and all the extensions were applied in time , but I m so confused with mixed answer that I have to switch my visa first to F l R M and then I can apply for set lr
Please help me with your best of expertise and experience
regards
ali
,[/quote]

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:43 pm

wings.007 wrote:Hello Every One,

Plz Help my ILR was approved at Croydon on 10th July but I haven't received my BRP yet,

U should be when u need help u come here and get the advise and than disappear but dont share your own experience. No words to describe people who only think of themselves.

But i am and most of the people on this board r not like that so in your approval letter they should mention that if u dont receive BRP within 10 working days of this letter than email them on BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk providing your full name, date of birth, nationality, case reference number and a contact telephone number.

Hope this helps.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

rajj121
Newly Registered

Post by rajj121 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:26 pm

hello wings.007
Sorry for being rude but may i ask you why did you not share your experience ??? why???
You asked so much help from this forum but didnt bother to share your experience when your ilr got accepted...
look at others like zee ali who are always here to help every one but some people like you only ask but never like to give.....

rajj121
Newly Registered

Post by rajj121 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:01 pm

rajj121 wrote:
wings.007 wrote:Salam Brothers

I have an appointment on PEO next week Wednesday for 10 year Long residence, please i need some comfort I am bit nervous.

My Situation

10 years will complete on 30th July 2015,

I have been student, than I was on PSW, than I applied Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa expiring next year.

I will be submitting following:
All Passports with clear entry and exit stamps
Current BRP
Masters degree taught in English and point base calculator printout
Life in UK test pass certificate
2 Recent photographs

Photocopies of all of above,

SHOULD I TAKE ANYTHING ELSE WITH ME AS WELL?????
HI,
Please take Printouts of payment and appointment emails as well.
My situation is exactly the same as yours. i am going Glasgow PEO on 6th august.
what is point base calculator, for what?
Good Luck
you must be blind as you saying we didnt comment on your posts..... read this.... and listen you are looser even though you got ilr but winners are those who helps others... like zee ali and others... salute to them.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:08 am

Zee ali wrote:
Khan1980 wrote:Hello Members and Moderators...
Finally Its my time to share a great new of my approval today. AlhamduAllah by the grace of GOD long wait has been over.
I would like to thank all members and moderators here. It is really great forum and great help here. And I wish the good luck to those who are waiting for their approvals.
My time line and immigration history is a follows...

Student + PSW + EEA2(Unmarried Partner)
Application Sent - 30/03/15
Application Received - 31/03/15
COA - 09/04/15
Bio Metric - 25/04/15
Letter Received for requesting treaty rights and cohabitation proof for EEA partner - 09/07/15 (dated 07/07/15)
Documents Sent on - 16/07/15
Documents Received - 17/07/15
Approval Date - 21/07/15
Documents Received Back - 22/07/15 with approval letter and now waiting for BRP card.
I am really happy and thanks to allmighty Allah and to all my friends here.

Regards
Khan
Congrats Khan. Really happy for u. One more settled. Hip Hip Hurrray.
Thanks alot Zee ali , It was long stressful wait to be honest.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:16 am

Khan1980 wrote:
Zee ali wrote:
Khan1980 wrote:Hello Members and Moderators...
Finally Its my time to share a great new of my approval today. AlhamduAllah by the grace of GOD long wait has been over.
I would like to thank all members and moderators here. It is really great forum and great help here. And I wish the good luck to those who are waiting for their approvals.

COA - 09/04/15
Bio Metric - 25/04/15
Letter Received for requesting treaty rights and cohabitation proof for EEA partner - 09/07/15 (dated 07/07/15)
Approval Date - 21/07/15
Documents Received Back - 22/07/15 with approval letter and now waiting for BRP card.

Regards
Khan
Congrats Khan. Really happy for u. One more settled. Hip Hip Hurrray.
Thanks alot Zee ali , It was long stressful wait to be honest.
yes khan. we were unlucky they introduced same day service after we applied. Otherwise could enjoy this moment few months ago. But at the end its paid off.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:25 am

Hello Members and Moderators...

COA - 09/04/15
Bio Metric - 25/04/15
Approval Date - 21/07/15

Regards
Khan[/quote]
[/quote]
yes khan. we were unlucky they introduced same day service after we applied. Otherwise could enjoy this moment few months ago. But at the end its paid off.[/quote]
Yes Zee , But GOD knows better , and u are right at the end it paid off. For me it was just matter of sending documents of my partner and caseworker even didnt take two days to decide.
Regards
Khan

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:26 am

Wait 3-4 weeks atleast

Usually once appeal allowed HO takes 2-3 months to issue ILR

Can you share

You just applied ILR end of January then in feb u attended hearing

Did u did biometric for set Lr which u applied ??

"tuhin"]Hello everyone
I sent my ILR application in the end of January on the basis of 10 yrs. I was on 3d, In the 1st wk of February in my appeal hearing my lawyer changed the ground to consider my ILR as I am in the UK for 10 yrs and my everything was fine in my last 10 yrs to the judge. The judge allowed my appeal last month after 5 months, and ordered HO to give me ILR. Within 14 days time HO didn't appeal against the decision also refunded my court fees.

1.5 month gone I received my court decision but still waiting for the HO approval...can I approach to my MP right now?? or is this too early?? what do you think?? somebody says HO take longer time if some one push them through MP. I am totally confused :oops: . Please share ur opinions. Thanks.

Regards
T[/quote]

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:33 am

wings.007, I have had to delete some of your posts that was complained about.

Your behaviour was simply unacceptable, and I was very close to banning you.

You are on the last warning, any further offensive post, and I will ensure you are banned.

I hope I have made myself clear.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

GBforum
Newly Registered

Post by GBforum » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:07 am

smir wrote:Wait 3-4 weeks atleast

Usually once appeal allowed HO takes 2-3 months to issue ILR

Can you share

You just applied ILR end of January then in feb u attended hearing

Did u did biometric for set Lr which u applied ??

"tuhin"]Hello everyone

Regards
T
[/quote]

Dear Smir
I have a situation where i was refused for Tier 4 visa and win the appeal where it takes 3 months to get the documents and VISA card.
So far i remember its normally take 3/4 months to get. If you asked me in your specific case ILR hope that could be followed as long as you have the winning letter you will get it. Keep patience.
Hope you get it soon. Time will go fast.

GBforum
Newly Registered

Re: 10 year set lr PEO

Post by GBforum » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:27 am

Mali1212 wrote:Please someone help with the situation
as tried to find info on home office page but nothing is helpful there...
I am applying under set lr and planning to book appointment at P E O however would need some advice from experts..
Date of entry uk. 02. 10. 2005. Student
student extension in may 2008
p s w extension April 2010
back to student extension in June 2012 which was valid until September 2013
I got married in the uk with my wife in January 2013, and she was on tier 1 general visa until September 2013.
I travelled to back home in order to obtain the dependant visa which was granted in may 2013 whilst I had student visa valid and I came back to UK in the may and was away from UK almost 60 days.
I applied as tier 1 general dependant in September 2013 with my wife but home office refused her extension under some very minor issue which was granted by the court and we both received our passports in august 2014 with 3 years visa expiring in 2017.
my wife completed her 10 years so she applied for set lr in October 2014 which granted Feb 2015, hence I did not applied for the visa with her as I might had to travel to my country and so on. I visited few solicitors and they assured me it should not lead any negative impression when I apply my set lr in September 2015.
I have no criminal or civil, and all the extensions were applied in time , but I m so confused with mixed answer that I have to switch my visa first to F l R M and then I can apply for set lr
Please help me with your best of expertise and experience
regards
ali
[/quote]

Dear mali1212
As far i understand ILR 10 years long residence route you can apply 28 days or less whereas you have visa up to 2017. Your visa was continuous and you can get in PEO and hope without any major personal issue which you have not disclosed here you will get it. In my opinion you can apply straight for ILR 10 years route as long as you meet the requirement. FLRM could be your second options and you also need to fulfil financial requirements.
Do a little bit more search on 10 years long residence, read the guidance and get help from the senior members will solve the issue.

LR2015

Post by LR2015 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:26 am

Zee ali wrote:
LR2015 wrote:Hi @Zee ali

What do you think about my case? Should I go for same day service in 13th or 14 of August?

I am planning to apply in August on 10 years based LR. I came to UK on 09/09/2005 on student visa. My history is as below.

1- Student 09/09/2005 to 31/10/2007

Applied for Extension before expiry and got student extension
2- Student 05/02/2008 31/12/2008

Applied for PSW and got visa after 3+ months wait
3- Tier 1 (PSW) 25/03/2009 25/03/2011

Applied for Tier 1( General) UK Naric gave me certificate that my degree is equal to UK Masters but told UKBA in an email that its not, Visa refused 10/05/2011, appealed against decision. All my friends who applied before and after me got points even without UK Naric letter. HO realized mistake and asked my solicitor to withdraw appeal and sign consent order which states HO will give me visa plus cost of the case. They gave me visa after fighting cases for 2 and half years and treasury gave cost of the case.

4- HO gave me 3 years Tier1 (General) valid from 25/08/2013 to 25/08/2016.

My 10 years will complete on 09/08/2015.

can I apply 28 days before 10 years ( on or after 13/08/2015)

I have already passed LIUK and B1 English tests.

As far as I know all my appeals were filed in time and didn't break continuity.

Does SAR show all the appeal dates?
It s upto u and same day decision is upto the caseworker. If he is satisfied than can give u ILR sameday. SAR should contain all the previous record
Thanks @Zee Ali and congratulations for getting you ILR. I am still waiting for my SAR. I am planning to apply on 13th of August on same day service.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:11 am

@ Tunin

can you please share

did you attend hearing ? and what was experience ? what judge said ?

when did you applied SET LR ? you applied before hearing or after hearing ? or you withdrew appeal ?

before few months too i asked you the same questions but you disappeared..

help and share with other so that other too get helped :D

tuhin wrote:Hello everyone

Regards
T

UKres

Post by UKres » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:46 am

Hi Guys,

I have already posted couple of times and tiday again i m going to tell my pain :)
I have requested my SAR on 25 feb . Still I haven't received it.
I have sent them 3-5 letters and 2 fax but no luck.

They sent me one letter in March saying "we are unable to find some/whole details" we will send you you one we find it.

Any idea what kind of details they are not able to find ?

I always applied my visa on time (but some time home office took long time).
Thanks

wings.007
Newly Registered

Post by wings.007 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:20 am

Obie wrote:wings.007, I have had to delete some of your posts that was complained about.

You are on the last warning, any further offensive post, and I will ensure you are banned.

My Friend Look At the post who offended who, I asked a simple question on the forum and was offended by reply which Zeeali shared, you should have deleted his posts as well,

As his behaviour was equally unacceptable and offensive, he should be warned as well!!!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:29 am

Zee ali wrote:

U should be when u need help u come here and get the advise and than disappear but dont share your own experience. No words to describe people who only think of themselves.

But i am and most of the people on this board r not like that so in your approval letter they should mention that if u dont receive BRP within 10 working days of this letter than email them on BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk providing your full name, date of birth, nationality, case reference number and a contact telephone number.

Hope this helps.
A person is entitled to choose not to inform the forum of their timelines or success. That is perfectly their right.

They cannot be judged for that.

In similar note, a person is not obliged to assist or give advice.

If this thread continues to be an headaches and administrative burden, a decision will be made to lock it.

Please guys we need to stick to topic and no judgemental comments, liable to cause offence.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

wings.007
Newly Registered

Post by wings.007 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:43 am

Obie wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

Hope this helps.
A person is entitled to choose not to inform the forum of their timelines or success. That is perfectly their right.

They cannot be judged for that.

In similar note, a person is not obliged to assist or give advice.

If this thread continues to be an headaches and administrative burden, a decision will be made to lock it.

Please guys we need to stick to topic and no judgemental comments, liable to cause offence.
Thanks Obie,

I hope you delete those offensive posts as well,

Kind Regards

rajj121
Newly Registered

Post by rajj121 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:01 am

wings.007 wrote:
Obie wrote:wings.007, I have had to delete some of your posts that was complained about.

My Friend Look At the post who offended who, I asked a simple question on the forum and was offended by reply which Zeeali shared, you should have deleted his posts as well,

As his behaviour was equally unacceptable and offensive, he should be warned as well!!!
People like zee ali are good asset of this forum who are always nice polite and very helpful, always there to help every one BUT some people are really mean who never even thank to this precious forum from there they get alot but never mind they are like this only to get and forget...Mean people... again salute to moderators and zee ali....

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:30 am

Assalam Brothers / Sisters

I am planning to apply for set(lr) by PEO (Sheffield) INSHALLAH in October with my wife,
I feel my case is straight forward but still want experts to see my case through their expert EYES !
My 10 year Time line is a follows

Me & my Wife Arrived in the UK on 06/11/2005 - Working Holiday Visa- (Valid Oct 05 - Oct 07)
Wife Granted Student VISA and my Dependant in July 2007 Valid Two Years (July 07 - June 09)
Wife Granted Post Study Work Visa and my Dependant in Oct 2008 Valid Two Years (Oct 08 - Sept 10)
Wife Granted Tier 1 Visa and my Dep in July 2010 Valid Two Years ( July 2010 - June 2012)
HO Refused Tier 1 Extension In June 2012,
we Appealed and HO Retracted and Issued Tier 1 Visa in August 2013 Valid Three Year (Aug 2013-July 2016)

Me & my wife complete 10 years on 05/11/2015 as we can apply 28 Before completion of 10 years
We will be applying individually after 10/10/2015

In the 10 Years I was out of UK for a total of 102 days and my wife 136 days

we both have passed LIUK & IELTS VI (B1) Tests

once we get our ILR we will apply MN1 for our UK Born 6 year old.

Do i need to get the SAR from HO or write a cover letter for the refusal etc...

Please advice if i am doing any thing wrong.....

Thanks In Advance :)

wings.007
Newly Registered

Post by wings.007 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:04 pm

Hello Guys,

I want to share My BRP Experience,

The BRP card got me worried, but it is quite simple.

You don't have to actually wait for 10 days you can email DX Courier services on update of your delivery and send them post code they confirmed me the date it is supposed to deliver, I hope they can email you as well.

Thanks all.

wings.007
Newly Registered

Post by wings.007 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:05 pm

rajj121 wrote:
wings.007 wrote:

People like zee ali are good asset of this forum who are always nice polite and very helpful, always there to help every one BUT some people are really mean who never even thank to this precious forum from there they get alot but never mind they are like this only to get and forget...Mean people... again salute to moderators and zee ali....
No one is talking to you, so stay put!!!!

tuhin

Post by tuhin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:39 pm

smir wrote:@ Tunin

can you please share

did you attend hearing ? and what was experience ? what judge said ?

when did you applied SET LR ? you applied before hearing or after hearing ? or you withdrew appeal ?

before few months too i asked you the same questions but you disappeared..

help and share with other so that other too get helped :D
Hi
I was 10 yrs on 29/01/2015, sent my Set LR form with all docs on 30/01. My ftt hearing was on 5/2/2015 based on my psw issues but my solicitor changed my grounds based long residency. The judge listened everything and checked all docs and the HO lady verified the docs as well & didn't opposed. Biometrics done in end of Feb, received my judge's decision on 5/6, received refund last week.

The court said the std time to receive the visa within 12 wks. But sometimes HO doesn't care, the run in their ways. My ques if I don't receive the visa within 12 wks shall I approach to my MP?? :?

Thanks.

Regards
T

tuhin wrote:Hello everyone

Regards
T