ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

altrogunner
Newly Registered

English test

Post by altrogunner » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:59 pm

hi
i need some help.i did B1 from trinity in june 2014.i will be applying for Naturalization on 6th november2015.do i have to do B1 again as it can not be used after 5th november2015 someone told me? please reply thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: English test

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:04 pm

altrogunner wrote:hi
i need some help.i did B1 from trinity in june 2014.i will be applying for Naturalization on 6th november2015.do i have to do B1 again as it can not be used after 5th november2015 someone told me? please reply thanks

B1 from Trinity college is fine. Please click here for more details. Its some ESOL qualification which will not be accepted. Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:05 pm

From November 2015, you won't be able to submit an existing ESOL certificate.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

If your Trinity certificate is on the Ofqal list or on the 'transitional list' it would simplify your application if you could apply before 5 November.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:17 pm

noajthan wrote:
From November 2015, you won't be able to submit an existing ESOL certificate.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

If your Trinity certificate is on the Ofqal list or on the 'transitional list' it would simplify your application if you could apply before 5 November.

Trinity B1 test is fine after 5th November 2015.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:33 pm

fwd079 wrote:Trinity B1 test is fine after 5th November 2015.
From 1st week of November both the requirements for the test (test level) and the test centre location will have to be satisfied.
I had understood the poster to mean he has an existing ESOL and assumed it was taken at a non-approved test centre.

If it's confirmed as on the new list & taken at one of the secure centres then yes all good.

altrogunner
Newly Registered

Post by altrogunner » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:07 pm

the test is valid till june2016.and the awarding body is trinity london.according to the new list only 2 centre now in london while it used to be many.so the test is valid its awarding body is trinity london but the centre i took test was in east london not the one in the new list .please reply thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:26 pm

altrogunner wrote:the test is valid till june2016.and the awarding body is trinity london.according to the new list only 2 centre now in london while it used to be many.so the test is valid its awarding body is trinity london but the centre i took test was in east london not the one in the new list .please reply thanks
If you can apply a few days earlier, as per the transitional list there is no requirement about specific test centres.
So what you have certainly seems acceptable until 5 November 2015.

From 6 November 2015, as I understand the HO list, there is a requirement to hold a test certificate from the specified provider & it needs to be from one of the specified test centres.

altrogunner
Newly Registered

Post by altrogunner » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:13 pm

my one year will be completed on 5th november2015 as ILR was granted on 05/11/2014.and so far i know there is no 28 days early application submission.i think if i applied before 05/11/2015 application will be refused.thats my understanding is, all other views and knowlege will be appreciated thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:46 pm

altrogunner wrote:my one year will be completed on 5th november2015 as ILR was granted on 05/11/2014.and so far i know there is no 28 days early application submission.i think if i applied before 05/11/2015 application will be refused.thats my understanding is, all other views and knowlege will be appreciated thanks
Agreed, I believe there is no 28-day rule for naturalisation applications.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 55076.html

ILR granted 5 Nov means 12 months of settled status is completed on 5 Nov;
5 Nov is also the last day for using a test on the HO transitional list.

The date of application is the 'date of receipt' by HO.
Ref section 6.3.3 of:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 6_v5_0.pdf

You would obviously have to double check but if you sent the application on Wednesday, 4 Nov with a guaranteed & tracked delivery for 'next day', or sent it by a special courier on Thursday, 5 Nov for 'same day' delivery, you may be ok as HO would receive the application on 5 Nov.

It would mean you couldn't use NCS (and get to keep original docs in case of short-term travel plans) as you couldn't guarantee which day they would send the application off.
You would also have to be sure you were physically present in UK on 5 November 5 years ago, ie 4/5 Nov 2010.

To avoid all that possible stress it may be you would have to take another ESOL test at some time after 5 November, but that would push everything back.