ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mako
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by Mako » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:15 pm

I had leave to remain in the UK until 5th March 2014. On the 4th February 2014 I made an application for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) under the settlement protection route as a dependent of my wife who had been recognised as a refugee. On the 9th July I received a ‘notice of decision’ headed ‘Refusal to vary Leave’. This was refused on the grounds that I had not been granted asylum or humanitarian protection in my own right. I was given 28 days to make a valid application, which I made on the 28th July 2014. I submitted this application on form (SET)O. On the 15th October 2014 I received a letter from the Home Office stating that the application was invalid since it was submitted on a wrong form. They then advised of the correct form and stated that I must submit the application within 7 days. I submitted the application on the correct form (FLR) on the 20th October 2014. This application was refused on the 23rd October 2014 with no right of appeal.

I applied to the Asylum and Immigration first tier tribunal for the right to appeal. This application was dismissed on 16th July 2015 and was given the option to apply to the higher tribunal within 14days.
My cousin just sent me the above message. Can anybody please give advice?

vinny

Re: ILR

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:21 am

Mako wrote:
I had leave to remain in the UK until 5th March 2014.
What category of leave to remain did he have?

Why was the FLR(FP) refused?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mako
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by Mako » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:09 am

He had discretionary leave to remain up to March 2014.

The FLR in October 2014 was denied as they said he was not the sole carer for his 1-year old son and that his son can adapt if he leaves the UK.

So basically they dismissed his right to family life with no right of appeal.