ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Return of documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

URGENT: Return of documents

Post by leicester_boy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks to all gurus on this forum who have far superior knowledge than any of the so called solicitors.

I applied for naturlasition in March this year (postal application and not an NCS appointment application) and received a standard acknowledgement letter from Home Office saying documents have been received and payment deducted without any problems.

I have been offered a civil serive job recently and was called in by my new employer for ID checks. They asked for my BRP and I explained it is with Home Office for naturalisation application. Employer insists they cannot take me on without seeing the original BRP.

I rang Home Office and they said currently applications are being decided in the 6th month from the date of application.

My question is if I send a request for 'Return of Documents' (only for my BRP), will this invalidate my naturalisation application?

I don't want to risk £1800! But at the same time dont want lose on a career opportunity.

Thanks all in advance.

noajthan

Re: URGENT: Return of documents

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:41 am

leicester_boy wrote:My question is if I send a request for 'Return of Documents' (only for my BRP), will this invalidate my naturalisation application?

I don't want to risk £1800! But at the same time dont want lose on a career opportunity.

Thanks all in advance.
The potential employer is supposed to contact HO in this case:
https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work
When the job applicant can’t show their documents

You can only ask the Home Office to check your employee or potential employee’s immigration employment status if:
  • you’re reasonably satisfied that they can’t show you their documents because of an outstanding appeal or application with the Home Office
If the civil service is not capable of doing that then see:
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
You might have to cancel your application - you’ll be told if you have to do this when you ask for your documents back.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:13 am

Thanks noajthan.

I guess I have to request return of documents.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 am

leicester_boy wrote:Thanks noajthan.

I guess I have to request return of documents.
Try to persuade employer to follow the process & contact the HO; the procedure for them is quite clear on the 1st linked page.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by leicester_boy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:00 pm

Ok I will send them the link and see what they say.

It is definitely easy for them to pick up the phone and enquire rather than me requesting the BRP back. They have given me a deadline of 6th August to submit the BRP, failing which the job offer would be withdrawn! What a shame, eh!

Thanks..