ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration for kids born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chowkal

Registration for kids born abroad

Post by chowkal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi
another query please:

Background:

We are a family of four, and all four have got ILR for more than one year, on Tier 1 Category
And both my kids are born in India and I have applied for Naturalisation with my spouse,leaving kids out, as they were on school trip:

Query:
When I tired to apply after a week of our (parents) application, NCS advised that kids need to apply together when parents apply, else need to wait for one of the parents to get Natrualisaion letter and then apply for kids

When I called the Liverpool helpline they advised that Kids doesn't need to wait for Parents Naturalisation

i'm confused, please can any seniors advise?

Thanks in advance

secret.simon

Re: Registration for kids born abroad

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:15 pm

I am inclined to go with the NCS's advice. The Home Office helpline has been known to give incorrect advice.

Your children's registration is dependent on your naturalisation. Had you applied together, the applications would have been associated and decided together.

As you have already submitted your application separately, you would have to wait for your naturalisation to complete (including the citizenship ceremony) before initiating your children's registration.

chowkal

Re: Registration for kids born abroad

Post by chowkal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:04 pm

Simon- I tend to agree with you to go with NCS, as they told me that an applciation she sent was rejected due to this fact.

Thanks mate