ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Restricted COS decisions for August 2015

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:38 am

No, applying from outside the UK. Waiting for RCoS at 36 points. No hopes it would ever be granted this year as every month is getting oversubscribed after I had a rejection in May due to no closing date. :( :(
Shah

tier2sp
Newly Registered

Post by tier2sp » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:57 am

ks227 wrote:That is great guys.

If I just may add the various other trends , for example

1) There is decline in CoS requests at all points from July to August (based on 2014 Data) which means in June July the demand has been higher than August previously (this is possibly due to September start date )
2) This trend can be confirmed by looking at the demand for RCoS at point 80 onwards, demand in June is twice the demand of previous months. (Does that confirm June July are peak times)

I predict the demands for higher points (in particular higher than 60) will be half as June July , making it possible to allocate RCoS and clear the backlog 35 points onwards.

Thank you and further comments please.
Thanks for this...however, from what I can see certain points have a higher demand in August than in July and it doesn't look like there's too much of a difference overall - the RCoS that were granted in July was 1769 and in August was 1817.

I just emailed a Partner in legal who advises on companies on these kind of things and he actually thinks points might go up :S

"Thanks for your email.

I am afraid that this is exactly the problem we currently face as advisers-we simply don’t know where the cut off will be from month to month. I think we have worked out that due to the way that COSs are rolled over, there will be alternate months where the cut off is higher and then lower-July was low, August is likely to be higher and September may again be lower, but at the end of the day, we are just guessing.

My advice to the employer would be to take the salary on offer into the next band as I suspect it is unlikely that those offered less than £32K will be successful - many employers are upping salaries to get into the next band. Depending on how the advert was worded, it may also be necessary for the role to re-advertised if the advert specified a salary or salary range below the £32K."

2015offer
Newly Registered

Post by 2015offer » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:19 am

jobseeker_2015 wrote:
IHateTheresaMay wrote:Great post GettingTier2! Will be interesting to see how August pans out.

Any other PwC graduate hires? I received a short increase in salary that brought me right up to the 40 point mark. I guess I was at 39 before (thought it included all benefits, so thought I was at 40).

Anyway, did anyone else receive this?

hey, after the salary rise, do you have 40 points for PwC assurance or PwC consulting or advisory? Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the news. I am still waiting for my caseworker to contact me.

May I ask how big is the salary raise PwC gave to you?

cstylishsam
Mood:
India

Post by cstylishsam » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:00 pm

tier2sp wrote:
I just emailed a Partner in legal who advises on companies on these kind of things and he actually thinks points might go up :S
Up to ??

IHateTheresaMay
Newly Registered

Post by IHateTheresaMay » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:00 pm

2015offer wrote:
jobseeker_2015 wrote:
IHateTheresaMay wrote:Great post GettingTier2! Will be interesting to see how August pans out.

Any other PwC graduate hires? I received a short increase in salary that brought me right up to the 40 point mark. I guess I was at 39 before (thought it included all benefits, so thought I was at 40).

Anyway, did anyone else receive this?

hey, after the salary rise, do you have 40 points for PwC assurance or PwC consulting or advisory? Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the news. I am still waiting for my caseworker to contact me.

May I ask how big is the salary raise PwC gave to you?
Like 2.7%ish... Just enough to get me to 40 points.
I contacted one of the contacts listed at the end of my offer letter and she really didn't know much. I guess PwC Legal is giving our applications one more go in August. I can't hold my breath regarding UK immigration's cutoff point choice so I will be applying for jobs here in my own country.

All the companies who hired not thinking the cap would be reached are going through a hellish period right now... and those who got the offers (us) are stuck in a bureaucratic mess. What a nightmare.

Lastly, the guessing game of cutoff points for August is depressing.

tier2sp
Newly Registered

Post by tier2sp » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:15 pm

cstylishsam wrote:
tier2sp wrote:
Up to ??
up from last month as in possibly more than 45 points or at least the same.

ks227

Post by ks227 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:02 pm

tier2sp wrote:
cstylishsam wrote:
tier2sp wrote:
Up to ??
up from last month as in possibly more than 45 points or at least the same.
Hi

I am still trying to figure out how your legal advisor/partner establish that if demand in month 1 is up then in month 2 it goes down and so on, this up down up trend clearly can not be established from that data that we all have seen from all the months since last year. For example May and June was higher and the demand in July was still higher as we all know the cut off point was 45.

also , i think he/she is guessing that if July is lower than June therefore August will be higher than July (but this is not a very good way of analyzing data) also have you notice the trend that demand is usually high in April , June and July (may be due to August September start date) , means things should be back to normal in August and if not the points atleast should go back to 39.

tier2sp
Newly Registered

Post by tier2sp » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:02 pm

up from last month as in possibly more than 45 points or at least the same.[/quote]

Hi

I am still trying to figure out how your legal advisor/partner establish that if demand in month 1 is up then in month 2 it goes down and so on, this up down up trend clearly can not be established from that data that we all have seen from all the months since last year. For example May and June was higher and the demand in July was still higher as we all know the cut off point was 45.

also , i think he/she is guessing that if July is lower than June therefore August will be higher than July (but this is not a very good way of analyzing data) also have you notice the trend that demand is usually high in April , June and July (may be due to August September start date) , means things should be back to normal in August and if not the points atleast should go back to 39.[/quote]

The reason why I think he has that impression is because the lack of allocation of CoS in June meant that there were 2000+ available in July. If you look historically, the numbers for the categories shortage/phd, 50 points, 45 points all have approximately 500 applications and approx 200 in 40 points. We can infer that in July the demand was just as high as even with 2000+ CoS there were not enough to allocate to those scoring less than 45 points. We know for sure that there were at least 197 applicants with 40 points so I imagine it would be just as high this month. With only approx 1750 CoS this month I think the adviser thinks they may allocate upto 1200 or so this month leaving more for the month after. It's really hard to predict/speculate and I guess we really won't really know until the 11th as this is the first year this has all happened.

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:05 pm

My employer reposted it with the salary info. They said "up to xxx amount" ->>>> do you guys have any idea if the HO would accept this?

I really hope the point would go back to 32 this month. You've been in a long fight, since May... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys this month.

ks227

Post by ks227 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:09 pm

tier2sp wrote:up from last month as in possibly more than 45 points or at least the same.
Hi

also , i think he/she is guessing that if July is lower than June therefore August will be higher than July (but this is not a very good way of analyzing data) also have you notice the trend that demand is usually high in April , June and July (may be due to August September start date) , means things should be back to normal in August and if not the points atleast should go back to 39.[/quote]

The reason why I think he has that impression is because the lack of allocation of CoS in June meant that there were 2000+ available in July. If you look historically, the numbers for the categories shortage/phd, 50 points, 45 points all have approximately 500 applications and approx 200 in 40 points. We can infer that in July the demand was just as high as even with 2000+ CoS there were not enough to allocate to those scoring less than 45 points. We know for sure that there were at least 197 applicants with 40 points so I imagine it would be just as high this month. With only approx 1750 CoS this month I think the adviser thinks they may allocate upto 1200 or so this month leaving more for the month after. It's really hard to predict/speculate and I guess we really won't really know until the 11th as this is the first year this has all happened.[/quote]

Yes , that is the point , It was higher in May,June,July (so no up down up trend) and historically these months has higher demand than usual (again may be September start dates account for that) , I am at 40 refused RCoS in July , and not sure if it is promising in August. Policy makers combined with this bureaucratic mess has put us all in predicament which they do not seem to understand and or consider.

cstylishsam
Mood:
India

Post by cstylishsam » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Hope this helps the discussion.

ks227

Post by ks227 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Ln1124 wrote:My employer reposted it with the salary info. They said "up to xxx amount" ->>>> do you guys have any idea if the HO would accept this?

I really hope the point would go back to 32 this month. You've been in a long fight, since May... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys this month.
Any changes in salary /end dates should be there for consecutive 28 days to pass RLMT and the evidence of the same such as screen shots must be provided to HO should that be required and or asked for.

so if they have changed your salary to new figures , you have to recount 28 days starting from the day changes were made.

It is not possible to change information at some point and present that as an evidence of proper RLMT conducted for 28 days.

if you have a salary bracket initially say 28000-32000 , and you were offered 28500 for example then salary can be increased upto 32000 which is within that bracket if they offer you 32100 they need to re advertise for 28 days (Yes, a complete new RLMT)

ks227

Post by ks227 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:19 pm

cstylishsam wrote:Hope this helps the discussion.

Thanks for that, Still really hard to predict :P

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:23 pm

ks227 wrote:
Ln1124 wrote:My employer reposted it with the salary info. They said "up to xxx amount" ->>>> do you guys have any idea if the HO would accept this?

Any changes in salary /end dates should be there for consecutive 28 days to pass RLMT and the evidence of the same such as screen shots must be provided to HO should that be required and or asked for.

so if they have changed your salary to new figures , you have to recount 28 days starting from the day changes were made.

It is not possible to change information at some point and present that as an evidence of proper RLMT conducted for 28 days.

if you have a salary bracket initially say 28000-32000 , and you were offered 28500 for example then salary can be increased upto 32000 which is within that bracket if they offer you 32100 they need to re advertise for 28 days (Yes, a complete new RLMT)
Yes, they reposted it yesterday so I'll be applying for September now, not August anymore. But they didn't specify the salary range in the job advert, just say that "salary: up to GBP 34k". If they offer me 30k or 33k, is that acceptable?

ks227

Post by ks227 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Ln1124 wrote:
ks227 wrote:

Yes, they reposted it yesterday so I'll be applying for September now, not August anymore. But they didn't specify the salary range in the job advert, just say that "salary: up to GBP 34k". If they offer me 30k or 33k, is that acceptable?
T2 Sponsor Guidance:

The salary rate in your advertisement must be a true reflection of what you are prepared to pay and the rate you ultimately pay must be in line with the rate that was advertised. You can’t advertise at a low rate, for example the new starter rate and then offer a higher rate to a migrant to allow them to make a successful application. An example of this would be if you advertised a salary rate of £22,000-£25,000. You can only sponsor a migrant if the salary you state on their CoS is within that range. If you want to pay a higher salary, you must carry out the resident labour market test again, advertising at the higher rate as there may be settled workers who would apply for the job at the higher rate.

they can offer you anything upto 34k.

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Thank you!!!! I was just paranoid because they did not state the range, just say "up to". I was worried that the HO would say that "no, you have to state the range, can't just say up to"... They did not include salary range and closing date before, so now I just want to double check everything again, so it won't drag to another month...

IHateTheresaMay
Newly Registered

Post by IHateTheresaMay » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:45 pm

ks227 wrote:]Hope this helps the discussion.

The qustion is... will June to August repeat what happened from March to May?

tier2sp
Newly Registered

Post by tier2sp » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:35 pm

It can't be a repeat from March - May can it as the max they can allocate this month is 1847?

ks227

Post by ks227 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:00 pm

IHateTheresaMay wrote:
ks227 wrote:]Hope this helps the discussion.

The qustion is... will June to August repeat what happened from March to May?
I just hope it would go as high as it was in August last year :D

Hannah1990
Newly Registered

Post by Hannah1990 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:11 am

Realistically I don't think that the shortages/ phd will he as high for august and all of the back log is clear now apart from
People who are below 40 but in saying that it seems to be that not that many people apply with points below 40 so I think that it will go back to 32 for August and fingers crossed it does! It may even drop to 33-34 for august and then 32 in September- here's hoping! :)

confusedm
Newly Registered

Post by confusedm » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:46 pm

Looks like I'm reapplying again this month with 45 points after having the wrong SOC code on the RCoS in July (which had been granted but will be cancelled).

Here's to hoping the minimum does not go up (and even better goes down!)

stephybailey24
Newly Registered

Post by stephybailey24 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:12 pm

I was one of the persons who got my CoS in July.

Let me update you as to what has been happening. I am applying from Jamaica. I paid my health surcharge of 200 pounds and i am unable to go any further. I am unable to pay for my visa as no date is available.

Mind you, the Jamaican applications are processed in New York. I have emailed, called and no response.

The process will take three LONG weeks to be completed. Meaning, I will not get back my documents until three weeks of doing the interview in Kingston.

I have to be in England on the 26th of August and i am in a limbo...

#Confused

milly_moon
Newly Registered

Post by milly_moon » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:36 am

fx125 wrote:I think those who claim that they are successful at 40 points do not know exactly about their point calculating. Apart from ur base salary, CoS salary also includes allowance, bonus, London weighing factor, pro-rated of ur salary to 39hrs/ 40hrs...etc...These factors increase their point to 45, not 40.
are you able to explain what 'London weighing factor' is?

IHateTheresaMay
Newly Registered

Post by IHateTheresaMay » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:29 pm

stephybailey24 wrote:I was one of the persons who got my CoS in July.

Let me update you as to what has been happening. I am applying from Jamaica. I paid my health surcharge of 200 pounds and i am unable to go any further. I am unable to pay for my visa as no date is available.

Mind you, the Jamaican applications are processed in New York. I have emailed, called and no response.

The process will take three LONG weeks to be completed. Meaning, I will not get back my documents until three weeks of doing the interview in Kingston.

I have to be in England on the 26th of August and i am in a limbo...

#Confused
Sorry to hear. Hopefully it gets sorted quickly.

Something tells me that even if we all get a sponsorship granted in August that we will all continue to have issues with UKVI as long as we work in the UK.

ks227

Post by ks227 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi

My SOC Code is 2126 design and development Engineers

this particular Code includes following job in the shortage occupation list

- product development engineer
- product design engineer

here is the confusion , My Job title is "Product Application Engineer" but my Job Summary includes assist in developing technical specification , implementing designs and Interface with manufacturing to design and deliver solutions.

My Question: Should I submit application in Shortage Occupation list ? I am doubting that since my title is not product development or design engineer but is Product Application Engineer.

Thank you.