ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: Parents of Spanish citizen travelling to UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jss117
Newly Registered

Urgent: Parents of Spanish citizen travelling to UK

Post by jss117 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 pm

This is for my uncle who is an Indian citizen and a Spanish permanent card holder and father of a Spanish citizen child ( 7 years old)
Does he need a visa to travel to UK for 5 days from Spain

Obie
Ireland

Re: Urgent: Parents of Spanish citizen travelling to UK

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:08 pm

Yes he does?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:01 am

He may not, if he is traveling with his Spanish child, who will be the one exercising treaty rights (truly, the child is the father of man). He will need to carry proof of his relationship to the child. Otherwise, I believe he does.

Much better for him to apply for a free EEA Family Permit, though.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:45 am

secret.simon wrote:He may not, if he is traveling with his Spanish child, who will be the one exercising treaty rights (truly, the child is the father of man). He will need to carry proof of his relationship to the child. Otherwise, I believe he does.

Much better for him to apply for a free EEA Family Permit, though.
Well I am not sure that traveling with an EEA national family member or child exempts a person from the visa requirement.

The Directives specifically provides for them.

A person being refused entry because of failure to produce a visa is a different matter altogether.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

qinqin
Newly Registered

Post by qinqin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:56 am

My brother was detained and sent back to Spain with his minor Spanish son when they tried to enter the UK by eurostar train last month.

jss117
Newly Registered

Post by jss117 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:29 pm

I applied for a general visitor visa for my uncle providing all proofs but his visa was refused because we sent his work documents in spanish. Officer said he is not satisfied with the economical circumstances.

I did not know about EEA family permit or I would have applied that. Do not know if that would have been easier process.
Now there is a family wedding in 5 days and I do not think anything would work.

What is the best thing i can do to bring him to the UK just to attend my brother's wedding.
My other uncle got his visa approved and he is also travelling from Spain so that he can at least bring the spanish child to the UK so that she can attend the wedding.
Would he need a permission letter from child's parent to let hr travel with his uncle?