ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British and Non-EU partner moving to Ireland - Help needed!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xambi89
Newly Registered

British and Non-EU partner moving to Ireland - Help needed!

Post by xambi89 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Hello,

I am a British citizen and I have an American partner who I met here in the UK. His visa is due to run out very soon and we are looking to move to Ireland together. We are still unmarried but are hoping to do so very soon.

I am aware that I would be entitled to work in Ireland because I am an EU citizen however I know it is much harder for my partner.

What procedures will we need to make in order to move there to work? Does my partner require a work permit in order to work in casual jobs? Would he be able to stay there with me if I already have a job secured for myself and I am working there? I am aware he is able to stay there for 3 months maximum without a visa, but could he apply for a visa to stay/work If I was working there already and we are married?

Any useful information is welcome! Thank you.

PrestonLancs

Re: British and Non-EU partner moving to Ireland - Help need

Post by PrestonLancs » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:04 am

Spend some time reading posts on this board.

What you are asking has been answered and explained 1000's of times before.

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Re: British and Non-EU partner moving to Ireland - Help need

Post by Leinsterimmig » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:01 am

Hi,

The process is quite straight forward. Once you are both in Ireland, you can apply for 'EU Treaty Rights' using an EU1 application form. Once you (the EU citizen) are working or studying in the State and you are both residing in the State, you will most likely be successful in your application.
If you would like to speak with me further regarding this type of application, contact me at the email address below.

Regards,

Leinster Immigration
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum