ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - spouse of EEA national

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ang3l.in.paradise

Naturalisation - spouse of EEA national

Post by ang3l.in.paradise » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:42 am

Hi all, I am married to a settled European national . I hold the permanent residence for the last 1 year. Passed the life in UK test and would like to apply for British citizenship. I am independent and been working in UK last 8 years. My education and post graduation was in English from a highly recognised university in India . English is my primary language. Do I need to take the English tests as well or work towards having my educational certificates certified by UK?

noajthan

Re: English tests??

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:57 am

ang3l.in.paradise wrote:My education and post graduation was in English from a highly recognised university in India . English is my primary language. Do I need to take the English tests as well or work towards having my educational certificates certified by UK?
See https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ang3l.in.paradise

Post by ang3l.in.paradise » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:08 pm

Thanks. I have already read through these links. I hold a permanent residence as I am spouse of a european but am a non eea and do not fall in any of the categories for the point based system.and have been in continuous employment last 8 years. Confused - pls advise

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:15 pm

ang3l.in.paradise wrote:Thanks. I have already read through these links. I hold a permanent residence as I am spouse of a european but am a non eea and do not fall in any of the categories for the point based system.and have been in continuous employment last 8 years. Confused - pls advise
So the second option (NARIC letter/certificate plus university letter) seems most appropriate for you as India is not on the list of majority English countries.

ang3l.in.paradise

Post by ang3l.in.paradise » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:30 pm

Thank you. Having read this, it clearly states it for migrants who are looking to work or study in UK. As mentioned, Iam a spouse of a eea national holdingo a permanent residence card am I still to certify that I can speak English?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:48 pm

ang3l.in.paradise wrote:Thank you. Having read this, it clearly states it for migrants who are looking to work or study in UK. As mentioned, Iam a spouse of a eea national holdingo a permanent residence card am I still to certify that I can speak English?
Yes, KOLL is a requirement for all applying to naturalise (unless exempt due to country on English-majority list or age, mental competence, etc).
Naturalisation is a UK matter (and a privilege) & is not governed by EEA regulations.

ang3l.in.paradise

Naturalisation - next step

Post by ang3l.in.paradise » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi All,

I am a spouse of a eea national/French. I am Indian.
I am on my permanent residence now for close to 2 years and looking to apply for citiizenship in UK.
I passed my life in UK test sometime back and preparing the required documents for the naturalisation process.
I studied my masters in computers in English in India. So will apply for calculation from the points based system and also NARIC(to certify my degree in INdia)
My understanding so far is :
- I need to fill in the form AN - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an

Am i on the right track?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation - spouse of EEA national

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:40 pm

ang3l.in.paradise wrote:I studied my masters in computers in English in India. So will apply for calculation from the points based system and also NARIC(to certify my degree in INdia)
:?:
Completely wrong track!

Read Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!