ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

antrad

Re: Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Post by antrad » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:22 pm

Hello Sid,

here is the timeline,

15th April 2015 : Completed and paid online application. Booked appointment for the 25th May 2015. Paid Health surcharge two day later

25th May 2015 : Applied for spouse visa in person VFS Bangalore
25th May 2015: Application forward to Chennai
20th July 2015: Email received stating that the application was processed (no result in the email)
21th July 2015: Received text from VFS Bangalore notifying that application was received and ready for collection
21th July 2015: Collected the passport with visa approved sticker valid till 2018

Congrats Neha. How long is your visa valid. Did you get any other letter of instruction for biometric?

Neha_sodhi
Newly Registered

Post by Neha_sodhi » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:06 pm

antrad wrote:Hello Sid,

here is the timeline,

15th April 2015 : Completed and paid online application. Booked appointment for the 25th May 2015. Paid Health surcharge two day later

25th May 2015 : Applied for spouse visa in person VFS Bangalore
25th May 2015: Application forward to Chennai
20th July 2015: Email received stating that the application was processed (no result in the email)
21th July 2015: Received text from VFS Bangalore notifying that application was received and ready for collection
21th July 2015: Collected the passport with visa approved sticker valid till 2018

Congrats Neha. How long is your visa valid. Did you get any other letter of instruction for biometric?
Hi Antrad

Thanks for ur wishes and my visa is valid for one month with a letter saying biometric card to be collect in UK.

sid939245

Post by sid939245 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Hi Antrad,

The new rules implements from 6th of April, but am sure of a reason why you didnot get a biometric card. But i guess you don't need to worry at all as the government has issued visa and they won't change it. If you still have a doubt leave a mail to their customer service and c what they say

Sid

Ramanbalsingh
Newly Registered

Post by Ramanbalsingh » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:16 am

Neha_sodhi wrote:
miss_uk98 wrote:
Neha_sodhi wrote:[quote="miss_uk98

Hi

I am also worried why they are taking so long for us where other people are getting quick visas from same timelines. Have u ask for status from them via email or call?
Thanks
hi neha yeh i emailed them today, so lets see what happens im really waiting for a positive good news! let me know how urs goes?
Hi miss_uk98

I have just received my visa and it has been approved. Thanks for ur wishes

Hows urs going?
Congratulations to you Neha :) Finally your wait is over

mahadi77
Newly Registered

Post by mahadi77 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:52 am

hi sid,

i need your help, i have been granted ILR, i like to sponsor my wife and son, they live in india, my wife done IELTS in 2011 validity for 2 years can she use expired IELTS for visa?
sid939245 wrote:Hi Singh,

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

You have to send an email and they come back in a day. The kind of replies they give maynot be that helpful. I would email them rather than a phone call.

For more info please go through the previous posts and you will get an idea of what everyone has been going through and all the info you need.

mahadi77
Newly Registered

Post by mahadi77 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:36 am

hi raju,
i have granted ILR this month, i like to sponsor my wife and son, my wife did IELTS in 2011 valid till 2013, can she use IELTS for visa and can you please provide documents required for settlement or joining spouse to UK.

many thanks
Raju1 wrote:
prasanthece wrote:Submitted Settlement Visa Wife
Vfs office - Hyderabad
Visa type: Settlement Spouse Visa
Date of application: 18-June-2015
Biometrics done : 18-June-2015
Application received at Chennai: 22-June-2015

Awaiting decision...
Hi Prashanth,

Have you heard anything back from Chennai, BHC? Did you tried chasing them via emails/calls. Any response. Feel free to share the outcome.

Thanks!!

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:24 pm

@Mahadi77,

You can use IELTS exam test certificate to prove english language requirement provided it's valid when you apply for the visa.

There are many threads in this forum, which list down the documents based on the category that you may apply. Just search with relevant keywords like "Spouse Settlement Visa Documents" / "Documents for Spouse Settlement Visa" etc

-Raju

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:47 am

Hello All,

I submitted my settlement visa application at Mumbai South VFS office on 22nd July, 2015. I haven't received any email from British Deputy High Commission. Mumbai confirming the application has been received. Normally for earlier applications for Visit Visas, I used to get the email within 2 days. Could anyone tell me that do they send such email for settlement visas or how long it takes. At least, I will be sure that application has reached at BDHC Mumbai.

Thanks
ST

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:46 am

They do send confirmation mail upon reaching BHC. Usually it takes between 1 to 7 days to reach. Give it a day or 2 before you call or email to get confirmation

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:53 am

@Raju1
Thank you Raju. Yeah, I am thinking same, shall drop an email to them in couple of days, if I don't receive any communication from BHC, Mumbai.
Do they send settlement visas to Delhi or they are processed at regional BHC's?

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:21 am

sthakur wrote:@Raju1
Thank you Raju. Yeah, I am thinking same, shall drop an email to them in couple of days, if I don't receive any communication from BHC, Mumbai.
I do not think that they send settlement visas applied at Mumbai VFS's to Delhi BHC. I strongly believe, they will be processed in Mumbai BHC only.

PariJ
United Kingdom

Post by PariJ » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Raju1 wrote:
I do not think that they send settlement visas applied at Mumbai VFS's to Delhi BHC. I strongly believe, they will be processed in Mumbai BHC only.
Settlement Visa for applications made at Mumbai BDHC will be processed from Delhi BHC.

I made my spouse settlement application from Mumbai and received the visa from Delhi BHC

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:33 pm

prasanthece wrote:it's CAT A
@Prasanth: Any update on your spouse visa?

prasanthece
Newly Registered

Post by prasanthece » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:15 pm

No nothing yet Raju.

I will post in the forum if i hear anything
Raju1 wrote:
prasanthece wrote:it's CAT A
@Prasanth: Any update on your spouse visa?

imemyself
Newly Registered

Post by imemyself » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:22 pm

Applied for wifeys visa on 12th June from Mumbai VFS. Its been 32 working days with no luck so far.
I would have thought if they are extorting stupendous amount of money from immigrants, they must have made the process streamlined and transparent. The call center is another stab at your money, cost me 13 quids where the guy was reading from a book on the other side. Emails are proving equally waste of time.
Timeline below for someone in similar situation...
I know there are loads of people who read this forum for timeline etc, I strongly suggest to contribute, it helps everyone, only takes 5 minutes.

Date of Application in VFS Center: 12/06/2015
VFS Center: Mumbai BKC
Received at High Commission on: 15/06/2015
Under Processing Start Date on: God knows, how do I get this?
Visa Category: Settlement wife
Any interview date: None so far
Sent to blue dart/ VFS center: Collecting in person
Visa Approval Status: Pending

*punches through the screen*

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:52 am

Here are my details:

Date of Application in VFS Center: 22/07/2015
VFS Center: Mumbai South
Received at High Commission on: No email confirmation yet
Under Processing Start Date on: No comunication
Visa Category: Settlement Spouse
Any interview date: None so far
Sent to blue dart/ VFS center:
Visa Approval Status: Pending

It's been a week and my application hasn't been received at High Commission from the VFS office yet!

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:50 am

PariJ wrote:
Raju1 wrote:
Settlement Visa for applications made at Mumbai BDHC will be processed from Delhi BHC.

I made my spouse settlement application from Mumbai and received the visa from Delhi BHC

@PariJ: How long after you got the email confirmation from High Commission that your visa application has been received, after you submitted the application at VFS?

Maverick75
Newly Registered

Post by Maverick75 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:43 am

Hi SThakur,

I applied in Mumbai VFS north on 15/07 and got a confirmation email on 17/07 that my wife application was forwarded to BHC on 15/07 itself.

Reading the previous messages, i feel that with school summer holidays kicking in, most of the ECO are going on holiday and the work load thereby increases. This would mean that there will be a increased delay in the visa application processing.

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Hello Maverick,

Did you get the email from VFS or from BDHC Mumbai?
It's just annoying, it's been a week and they haven't even received my application. Usually I used to get the confirmation within 2-3 days of submission at VFS.

Maverick75
Newly Registered

Post by Maverick75 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:15 pm

I subscribed for SMS service and got an SMS from them saying application has been forwarded to UKVI on that date.

Ukagain_2015
Newly Registered

Post by Ukagain_2015 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:09 am

I v been asked to provide additional docs and the email provided by them , i used that to send the info now they saying they have not recieved it... How can i make sure if they recieved this time . No way i can contact them more frustating.... Plz help if someone suggest the solution .

AMirAbbasi
Mood:
Palestine

Post by AMirAbbasi » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:19 pm

Hi, how long they could take to make a decision after they escalate a spouse visa application?

Good luck to all of u!

jonz
Newly Registered

Post by jonz » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:03 am

jonz wrote:Hi All,

I have been following this boards for a while now, initially for my ILR then my citizenship and now for the settlement visa for my Wife. So I thought rather than just keep watching and monitoring the board, I would participate and add my experience and that might help someone else.

Date of Application in VFS Center: 28th May 2015
VFS Center: Chennai
Received at High Commission on: 29th May 2015
Visa Category: Settlement(Wife)
Any interview date: Not so far
Visa Approval Status:

As of today its been 35 Working Days (49 Calendar Days), and we are still waiting for the Visa.

Based on me monitoring the VFS timelines they publish weekly, a settlement visa usually takes between 38 - 42 Working days as of last week. So am hoping and praying to hear something back from them next week. :roll:

I have never used their email service to track the application but i have called the £1.35 / Min line a number of times basically every Friday until 2 Weeks ago when I started calling them Mondays. Its always has been the same response every single week (No Update) till last Monday (this time they said Case Worker has reviewed and cleared it and is now waiting for ECO). Oh by the way one week they said they could not find my wife's application on the system and the person I spoke to was less than helpful, and like any call center wanted to get me off the phone and email the email team to escalate (Somehow i managed to bite my tongue and kept quite, called a few days later and they said no update) :roll:

Thank you all for the updates so far and hoping and praying for people like me still waiting for the visa for our loved ones...

And finally a big Congrats to those who received their visas and have been reunited with their loved ones :D

Cheers,
Jon
Hi All,

Just wanted to give you all an update on the progress -

Last Thursday (23rd July - 40th Working Day) we received a mail asking for bank statements to show all credits of salary into account. So I got an online statement showing only all credits into my account and sent it by DHL from UK. This was received on Monday(27th July - 42nd Working Day) at the Deputy High Commission Chennai.

On Wednesday (29th July - 44th Working Day) we got an email saying "Your application for a UK visa has been processed ... " and from VFS as well.

And today (31st July - 46th Working day) we collected the passport from VFS and we are happy to say my Wife's Visa has been approved. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: (finally after paying nearly £1600 in Fees and about £80 on Calls to Helpline). Entry Sticker is only Valid for 30 days, you have to pick up the BRP within 10 days of landing in the UK.

So for those waiting for a settlement visa, the lesson I learned was not to panic. it takes about 40 - 46 days at the moment if you apply in Chennai And Best of luck !!!!

Cheers,
Jonz

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:55 am

jonz wrote:
jonz wrote:Hi All,

I have been following this boards for a while now, initially for my ILR then my citizenship and now for the settlement visa for my Wife. So I thought rather than just keep watching and monitoring the board, I would participate and add my experience and that might help someone else.

Date of Application in VFS Center: 28th May 2015
VFS Center: Chennai
Received at High Commission on: 29th May 2015
Visa Category: Settlement(Wife)
Any interview date: Not so far
Visa Approval Status:

As of today its been 35 Working Days (49 Calendar Days), and we are still waiting for the Visa.

Based on me monitoring the VFS timelines they publish weekly, a settlement visa usually takes between 38 - 42 Working days as of last week. So am hoping and praying to hear something back from them next week. :roll:

I have never used their email service to track the application but i have called the £1.35 / Min line a number of times basically every Friday until 2 Weeks ago when I started calling them Mondays. Its always has been the same response every single week (No Update) till last Monday (this time they said Case Worker has reviewed and cleared it and is now waiting for ECO). Oh by the way one week they said they could not find my wife's application on the system and the person I spoke to was less than helpful, and like any call center wanted to get me off the phone and email the email team to escalate (Somehow i managed to bite my tongue and kept quite, called a few days later and they said no update) :roll:

Thank you all for the updates so far and hoping and praying for people like me still waiting for the visa for our loved ones...

And finally a big Congrats to those who received their visas and have been reunited with their loved ones :D

Cheers,
Jon
Hi All,

Just wanted to give you all an update on the progress -

Last Thursday (23rd July - 40th Working Day) we received a mail asking for bank statements to show all credits of salary into account. So I got an online statement showing only all credits into my account and sent it by DHL from UK. This was received on Monday(27th July - 42nd Working Day) at the Deputy High Commission Chennai.

On Wednesday (29th July - 44th Working Day) we got an email saying "Your application for a UK visa has been processed ... " and from VFS as well.

And today (31st July - 46th Working day) we collected the passport from VFS and we are happy to say my Wife's Visa has been approved. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: (finally after paying nearly £1600 in Fees and about £80 on Calls to Helpline). Entry Sticker is only Valid for 30 days, you have to pick up the BRP within 10 days of landing in the UK.

So for those waiting for a settlement visa, the lesson I learned was not to panic. it takes about 40 - 46 days at the moment if you apply in Chennai And Best of luck !!!!

Cheers,
Jonz

Hello John,
Congrats on your visa approval!
The 30 day sticker you got on your passport is valid from the 'Date of travel' you mentioned on your application or from the date the visa was granted?

regards,
ST

jonz
Newly Registered

Post by jonz » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:19 am

Hi sthakur,

its from the date the visa was granted ...

regards,
jon