ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Driving Licence - Age Proof evidence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tilak.tumma
Newly Registered

Indian Driving Licence - Age Proof evidence

Post by tilak.tumma » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Jammy,

I am applying for HSMP.
I score 85 points over all and I am claiming only 5 points for my age.

Is Indian Driving licence issued in Andhra Pradesh enough for Age proof.??

Also do I have to give my Experience letter also ?

Could you please clarify these ?

Cheers,
Tilak

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:16 am

I used indian DL and got hsmp approval. I used the credit card size license. But any valid license should be fine as long as it shows DOB in it.

> Also do I have to give my Experience letter also ?
No not while getting hsmp approval. But needed at the time of applying entry clearence if you have left the job at that time. Otherwise get reference letter from the current employer at that time of applying EC

tilak.tumma
Newly Registered

Post by tilak.tumma » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:20 am

Thank you so much for the reply.

I have another query..

I am from India and is it OK if my application is posted/couriered by my dear friend in UK with a postal order or should it be sent straight from India ?

Second can I raise a courier pick up on FedEx or DHL of the certificates once the process is done and asking it to be delivered in UK instead of Inda ?

Would the HSMP have any problems in that regard ?

Cheers,
Tilak

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:49 am

[img][quote="tilak.tumma"]Thank you so much for the reply.

I have another query..

I am from India and is it OK if my application is posted/couriered by my dear friend in UK with a postal order or should it be sent straight from India ?

> I am not sure about this. They shouldn't consider it as in country application, since you are applying from India. I would suggest you courier through DHL/Fedex. YOu can pretty much track it and it reaches in 3 working days. Mine reached in 3rd working day and I used DHL. Costed me ~2000Rs. Instead of postal order I would suggest credit card as it is much simpler and quick. They deducted amount from my credit card the very same day they got the application. I am not sure about how to get postal order from India. May be demand draft is also possible...I forgot what the HSMP application says.

Second can I raise a courier pick up on FedEx or DHL of the certificates once the process is done and asking it to be delivered in UK instead of Inda ?

> Yes it is possible. MBE sheffield is also a good option. Try searching in this forum you will get details of MBE courier. FedEx and DHL is also good, but some of the applicants have told issues about getting it signed by HSMP team while courier pickup. MBE will cost you an addtional 20pounds when compared to FedEx or DHL. Infact tehy will collect and ship to you though DHL or FedEx. Armaex courier is also used by some of the applicants. Again search in the forum.

Would the HSMP have any problems in that regard ?

Cheers,
Tilak[/quote][img][/img]

tilak.tumma
Newly Registered

Post by tilak.tumma » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:56 am

The postal order like the indian postal order but will be taken in UK Post Office. And since it would be taken in UK the application will be moved from the payments division to the processing division on the same day ( as told in the Guidance)

The order of quickness is Postal Order < Credit Card < Demand Draft

If the money from the credit card is deeducted the same day then I guess it is worth doing that..

Coming back to the courier query, would it be ok if the destination address is in UK .. Wouldthat notbe suspicious ..

Thank You

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:04 pm

[quote="tilak.tumma"]

Coming back to the courier query, would it be ok if the destination address is in UK .. Wouldthat notbe suspicious ..
>Not sure. I have searched in this forum many time. I could not get the answer for this. May be it is possible, in the application just mention any address, but once the courier is picked up, call the courier company and tell them to specifically ship to your UK address. This should possible. You could infact send it to your address in India itself...Couriers like DHL/Fedex will call you if non one is there to pickup at home, you can o and collect it from their nearest centre. mention your phone no. they will call. You can track it if has reached your address.

For payment check with your credit card company for the 34000Rs transaction, as it is big amount.

For courier pickup send a fax asap, don't wait for refreence no. to be issued. I waited for that and they shipped it by normal airmail, it took 1 and 1/2 weeks to reach me, and I cannot track. better fax for courier pickup once they recive your applicaition.

Thank You[/quote]