ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong SOC code on granted CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

confusedm
Newly Registered

Wrong SOC code on granted CoS

Post by confusedm » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi,

My employer applied for a Restricted CoS on my behalf that was granted in the July allocation (I had 45 points). However, I have yet to be assigned the CoS or to apply for my Tier 2 because my employer noticed that the SOC code they applied with was incorrect. The one they applied for is to be fair a similar position and does have some overlap in tasks, but ultimately incorrect (if a search is done using the SOC search tool on the ONS website my job title comes up under another SOC code that more closely fits).

My question is what are my options here? Is the only option for my employer to reapply for another restricted CoS in August? I'm a bit confused how the CoS was granted in the first place, as a CoS application requires sending the job title, job description, and picture of the RLMT posting so wouldn't it have been rejected then and there if it was something they'd reject?

Please help! I'm at 45 points for a CoS application so barely made it last time and not looking forward to chancing again under the next monthly quota.

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Re: Wrong SOC code on granted CoS

Post by Shah1698 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi

If the SOC code is incorrect, your employer must return RCoS to HO and re-apply with correct SOC code. It is painful again but inevitable.
Shah

confusedm
Newly Registered

Re: Wrong SOC code on granted CoS

Post by confusedm » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Shah1698 wrote:Hi

If the SOC code is incorrect, your employer must return RCoS to HO and re-apply with correct SOC code. It is painful again but inevitable.
Thanks. Looks like my employer will be applying for another CoS in August