ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO requested for ESOL B1 English

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

martin54

HO requested for ESOL B1 English

Post by martin54 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi everyone,
I got letter from HO today that my English certificate is not acceptable and i have to send them ESOL English language certificate by 11th of august.However,i did the exam today and i passed it at Learning Direct centre but the certificate will take up to 10 to 12 working days to arrive. I applied my BC on 10th of march 2015 but i dont know if the ESOL entry 3 will be accepted because of the new law of the English Requirements and approved center. I asked the Learning Direct centre about the ESOL and i was told that they still accept the ESOL english from their centre before November this year. Pls can someone clarify me if the ESOL Entry 3 will be accepted? .

I summitted 2 English certificates for my Application before which i passed from college.

No 1. That is entry 3 in English Edexcel functional skills Qualification and awarded by Ofqual. HO did not accept it. Because is not B1 ESOL entry 3.

No 2. That is level 1 in English City& Guilds functional skills Qualification and awarded by Ofqual.
HO office didn't accept it as well.

I believe my update will give the rest of the applicants that applied first and second week of March a rest of mind that their application will be approve soon.

Many Thanks
Martin

noajthan

Re: HO requested for ESOL B1 English

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:25 pm

martin54 wrote:Hi everyone,
I got letter from HO today that my English certificate is not acceptable and i have to send them ESOL English language certificate by 11th of august.]#

I asked the Learning Direct centre about the ESOL and i was told that they still accept the ESOL english from their centre before November this year. Pls can someone clarify me if the ESOL Entry 3 will be accepted? .

I summitted 2 English certificates for my Application before which i passed from college.

No 1. That is entry 3 in English Edexcel functional skills Qualification and awarded by Ofqual. HO did not accept it. Because is not B1 ESOL entry 3.

No 2. That is level 1 in English City& Guilds functional skills Qualification and awarded by Ofqual.

Many Thanks
Martin
Are your certificates listed as ESOL B1 on the Ofqual website?
http://register.ofqual.gov.uk/Qualification

Is your Entry 3 English Edecxel this one?
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qu ... try-3.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

martin54

Post by martin54 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:32 pm

noajthan wrote:
martin54 wrote:Hi everyone,
I got letter from HO today that my English certificate is not acceptable and i have to send them ESOL English language certificate by 11th of august.]#

I asked the Learning Direct centre about the ESOL and i was told that they still accept the ESOL english from their centre before November this year. Pls can someone clarify me if the ESOL Entry 3 will be accepted? .

Many Thanks
Martin
Are your certificates listed as ESOL B1 on the Ofqual website?
http://register.ofqual.gov.uk/Qualification

Is your Entry 3 English Edecxel this one?
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qu ... try-3.html

Yes boths Certificate are listed and certified by OFQUAL website and i even checked it myself. Its seems the caseworker don't want to check if they are certified by Ofqual online, Moreso the Certificate are issued and printed by Ofqual.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:18 pm

martin54 wrote:Yes boths Certificate are listed and certified by OFQUAL website and i even checked it myself. Its seems the caseworker don't want to check if they are certified by Ofqual online, Moreso the Certificate are issued and printed by Ofqual.
Ofqual is not just for ESOL so are they listed there as B1 ESOL :?:

Edexcel seems to have changed its qualifications recently.
Are you sure what you have is an ESOL B1 qualification rather than a domestic English language qualification?

martin54

Post by martin54 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:49 pm

noajthan wrote:
martin54 wrote:Yes boths Certificate are listed and certified by OFQUAL website and i even checked it myself. Its seems the caseworker don't want to check if they are certified by Ofqual online, Moreso the Certificate are issued and printed by Ofqual.
Ofqual is not just for ESOL so are they listed there as B1 ESOL :?:

Edexcel seems to have changed its qualifications recently.
Are you sure what you have is an ESOL B1 qualification rather than a domestic English language qualification?

Thanks for the replied.
The English language certificates i submitted before are not ESOL B1. They are functional skills in Entry 3 and Level1 but registered and approved by Ofqual website. The letter i received stated that the ESOL Entry Level at 3 Level 1 or Level 2,that include speaking and listening and that have been regulated by the office of Ofqual will be accepted. My major concern now is the exam i did today which is ESOL entry 3 B1 if they will accept it because of what i read from the Gov website is that after 6th of april 2015 that candidate have to do exam at approved centre by HO but the learning direct centre told me that they will accept it till November, is that correct?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:40 pm

martin54 wrote:Thanks for the replied.
The English language certificates i submitted before are not ESOL B1. They are functional skills in Entry 3 and Level1 but registered and approved by Ofqual website. The letter i received stated that the ESOL Entry Level at 3 Level 1 or Level 2,that include speaking and listening and that have been regulated by the office of Ofqual will be accepted. My major concern now is the exam i did today which is ESOL entry 3 B1 if they will accept it because of what i read from the Gov website is that after 6th of april 2015 that candidate have to do exam at approved centre by HO but the learning direct centre told me that they will accept it till November, is that correct?
Understood, and that explains the unfortunate rejection you received.

At the moment the rules for English required by applicants for visas for settlement & the rules for English as required by applicants for naturalisation are different.
This is what HO is intending to streamline (& tighten up) by November 2015.
And the Gov UK website doesn't help as the wording is confusing.

As I read it, ESOL at B1 level (or higher in CEFR rating framework) AND shown on the Ofqual website as an ESOL qualification should be accepted - for naturalisation - until November 2015.
You can also prove your knowledge of English by having:
  • an ESOL qualification at Entry 3 or higher (eg Level 1 or 2) on the Ofqual register taken in England,
From November 2015, you won’t be able to use ESOL qualifications as proof for settlement and citizenship applications
(However if you were making an immigration application [applying for a visa] you would have had to take an approved test from the new list at one of the acceptable, approved centres, as it's past April 2015).

So the ESOL B1 at Entry 3 that you took today should be acceptable under the current requirements.

Good luck.
Last edited by noajthan on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martin54

Post by martin54 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:48 pm

noajthan wrote:

At the moment the rules for English required by applicants for visas for settlement & the rules for English as required by applicants for naturalisation are different.

As I read it, ESOL at B1 level (or higher in CEFR rating framework) AND shown on the Ofqual website as an ESOL qualification should be accepted - for naturalisation - until November 2015.
  • an ESOL qualification at Entry 3 or higher (eg Level 1 or 2) on the Ofqual register taken in England,
From November 2015, you won’t be able to use ESOL qualifications as proof for settlement and citizenship applications
So the ESOL B1 at Entry 3 that you took today should be acceptable under the current requirements.

Good luck.

Thank you so much....

martin54

Post by martin54 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:43 am

martin54 wrote:
noajthan wrote:

Good luck.

Thank you so much....

Hi noajthan,
I have carefully checked the HO website and the information stated that after 6th of April 2015 that any candidate which to sit for English exams has to be approve test centre and it listed Trinity College London as one of the approve centre but the learning direct centre where i sat for my exam was not among the new approval centre for English language. This is where i started to stressed as the deadline to submit another English certificate will be due on 11th of august and i dont know if the ESOL Entry 3 which i did today will be accepted.
My aplication was submitted in march, new law change in 6th of april and they requested ESOL entry 3 before 11th of august so which English certificate will be accepted? The one i did today w at learning direct center or the new center list such Trinity College London? I am totally confused... Help me out.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:02 am

martin54 wrote:Hi noajthan,
I have carefully checked the HO website and the information stated that after 6th of April 2015 that any candidate which to sit for English exams has to be approve test centre and it listed Trinity College London as one of the approve centre but the learning direct centre where i sat for my exam was not among the new approval centre for English language. This is where i started to stressed as the deadline to submit another English certificate will be due on 11th of august and i dont know if the ESOL Entry 3 which i did today will be accepted.
My aplication was submitted in march, new law change in 6th of april and they requested ESOL entry 3 before 11th of august so which English certificate will be accepted? The one i did today w at learning direct center or the new center list such Trinity College London? I am totally confused... Help me out.
You are reading the about new list for immigration applications (visas/settlement).

You are applying for naturalisation.
As I tried to explain in my previous post, until November you should be ok as an ESOL B1 (if listed on Ofqual website) still appears to be accepted for naturalisation.
(And if on the Ofqual website no 'approved centre' is involved).

martin54

Post by martin54 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:23 am

noajthan wrote:
martin54 wrote:Hi noajthan,
You are reading the about new list for immigration applications (visas/settlement).

You are applying for naturalisation.
As I tried to explain in my previous post, until November you should be ok as an ESOL B1 (if listed on Ofqual website) still appears to be accepted for naturalisation.
(And if on the Ofqual website no 'approved centre' is involved).

Thanks once again

martin54

Request of English CERT

Post by martin54 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi everyone,
I got all my documents back from HO and everything is fine expect the English does not accepted because is not ESOL and have done it but waiting for certificate to send them before the due date. Does anyone have that kind of experience and how long does it take after sending them the certificate to approve my application... ???

martin54

How long to finalise application after request of documents

Post by martin54 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi everyone,
Got all my documents back from HO that everything has been noted but i still need to send them Esol English certificate before they can proceed with your application due to wrong English certificate on my application. Does anyone has the same issue before and how long does it take HO to finalise my application after they receive the right English certificate?

martin54

Additional Documents

Post by martin54 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi everyone,
I applied for BC since March and i got all my documents back in July including letter to provide English cert B1 for BC requirements and cert sent to them over a week. Does any one know how long does it take to approve BC if they request for additional documents ?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:22 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!