ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can I confirm my working Visa- applied to citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jathakor
Newly Registered

How can I confirm my working Visa- applied to citizenship

Post by jathakor » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:48 am

Hi
I have ILR - March 2014
I have applied for British citizenship on 30 MAy 2015, I have submitted my passport and BRP to home office
I have got job offer, they said they got the letter from home office but cannot confirm my working status.
Please help how shall I confirm the working status.
Any links from ukba/ UKV shall be great.
Appreciate immediate response.

Thank you
Kind Regards
Frank

vinny

Re: How can I confirm my working Visa- applied to citizenshi

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:55 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jathakor
Newly Registered

Post by jathakor » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:51 am

Thanks Vinni,

but this is response from UKBA to the employer when they checked for my status using the application reference number. I was hoping to get some response saying I am entitled to work on basis on my ILR.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear ******
I am writing with regards to your request fro confirmation of the entitlement to work of
Name: ____________
I can confirm that an application for British Citizenship has been submitted to UK Visas & Immigration by the above named Individual.

A British Citizenship application does not quality as an application for Leave to Remain in the UK or as an application made for a grant of permission to stay under EEA or Asylum categories.

The Employer Checking Service is therefore currently unable to confirm the applicant's status in the UK or provide you with a letter that will form a Statutory Excuse for you as employer.

When the individual's application is determined, the individual will be provided with documentation that will prove any entitlement to work that they may have.
The information provide in this letter is your records only.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any help appreciated.

ukgirl
Newly Registered

Post by ukgirl » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi
I too have the same problem, but have decided to go down the biometric card route as it is (allegedly) quicker - we will see!

I have had ILR for over twenty years, but only realised that this was no longer enough when I was offered another job. How do you prove that you have right to work when the documentation is in an old passport?

The HO's answer was complete a NTL form or go down the naturalisation route.

Both take time.

I have written to my MP as I don't believe that it was the Government's intention to make us all unemployed/unemployable. The HO's response to me was "you have a right to work", but how I prove this now is impossible.