ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Articles and Memorandum of Association

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gorajim

Articles and Memorandum of Association

Post by gorajim » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:18 pm

Hiya,

Planning to register my own company. What exactly are Articles of Association and Memorandum of Association?

Do they have to be on legal paper? Can I "borrow" the basic statements from someone else's setup and apply them to my company?

I did a general search on the net and found people offering the full package to setup a company for about £50. This includes the Articles of Association. etc. as well.

If this is something to reflect the way I intend to do business, I could have my own on A4 paper, isn't it? Something just doesn't click... yet.

Can anyone help please? Thanks a ton in advance.

Shan12

Post by Shan12 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:22 am

I did this so long ago that I can barely remember... however, it could not have been too painful if I can't remember.. :lol:

Seriously, it's basically just Company Incorporation Documents. I used a company called The Company Wizard to do it. http://www.company-wizard.co.uk I'm sure there must be loads of others that also do it. They will register you with Companies house and you will end up getting a certificate with your company number.

You will of course need to decide what kind of company you wish to be: Ltd, sole proprietor, etc

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:17 am

Shan12 wrote:I did this so long ago that I can barely remember... however, it could not have been too painful if I can't remember.. :lol:

Seriously, it's basically just Company Incorporation Documents. I used a company called The Company Wizard to do it. http://www.company-wizard.co.uk I'm sure there must be loads of others that also do it. They will register you with Companies house and you will end up getting a certificate with your company number.

You will of course need to decide what kind of company you wish to be: Ltd, sole proprietor, etc
You can't be a company AND a sole trader.

AIUI you can only be a company limited by shares if you wanna go contracting with it.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Shan12

Post by Shan12 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:43 am

Yes, hence why you need to decide what you are BEFORE you do anything. :wink: