ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee missed penning details. Can applicant write?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Referee missed penning details. Can applicant write?

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:44 pm

This one has me stumped as I don't have a definite answer, so here it is:

My partner's sibling is applying for naturalisation and had sent the relevant pages of the application form by post to a referee. Unfortunately, on receipt of the form the applicant noticed that the referee has forgotten to write his age and profession where it was required.

The applicant is wondering if he should:
1. post the form back to referee for the referee to fill in the missing details in his own (referee's) writing, or
2. pen down the missing details in his own (applicant's) writing.

The second option will make it obvious to the caseworker that two people filled in that particular section of the form. Does it matter?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: Referee missed penning details. Can applicant write?

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:13 pm

If I were here then prefer to personally travel and meet my referee to get it completed in his/her own handwriting.

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:57 pm

I had something similar and the NCS worker just filled it in for me.

From the rules 6.3.7.9, the professional referee can add "details available on request". Also:
If it is clear from any information we may have that a referee does not meet one or more of the criteria in paragraph 6.3.7, the applicant should be asked to provide an additional referee.
so they should ask if they are not satisfied. But I don't think there is a definitive answer. Normally I would say it should be written in the same handwriting, but if they are not satisfied they would phone the person and to confirm they know the applicant and check the details.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:59 pm

I had the same problem. I just filled in the missing details with my handwriting and that's all. I got approval within 5 weeks