ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Waqasansaar
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Waqasansaar » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:50 pm

sa7e wrote:
Waqasansaar wrote:Hello Members
Finally Its my time to share a great news of my approval today. AlhamdulilAllah by the grace of GOD long wait has been over.
I would like to thank all members and moderators here. It is really great forum and great help here. And I wish the good luck to those who are waiting for their approvals.
My time line is as follows...

Student + PSW + EEA family member
Application Sent - 05/03/15
Application Received - 06/03/15
Bio Metric - 25/03/15
Letter Received for requesting treaty rights and cohabitation proof for EEA partner - 10/07/15 (dated 08/07/15)
Documents Sent on - 16/07/15
Documents Received - 20/07/15
Approval Date - 23/07/15
Documents Received Back - 24/07/15 with approval letter and now waiting for BRP card.
I am really happy and thanks to allmighty Allah and to all my friends here.

Regards
waqas
Hello Waqas, congratulations on approval. Kindly share with us what type of cohabitation proof of EEA partner you have submitted. Also what type of documents your submitted. Also was your partner employed or self-employed. I'm have a similar situation and applying next month. nervous to death ....
hi Sa7e
thanks a lot....

my partner was self employed. so i submitted all self assessment documents. NI contribution proofs. invoices and letter from companies where she was self employed. Correspondence from HMRC. Tax documents and statements from HMRC

For cohabitation proof i submitted Tenancy agreements on both names. TV licence, life insurance, bank statements, Some premium bonds on both names and telephone bills.Correspondence from HMRC where address and name was mentioned.

what documents you have ? Let me know if you need any help.
thanks
waqas

khankhan2015
Newly Registered

Post by khankhan2015 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:11 pm

my set lr timeline
applied 25/06/15
ackno 06/07/15
biometric 09/07/15
bio enroll 11/07/15
decison waiting
can somebody enters my details into google doc plz..

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:47 pm

khankhan2015 wrote:my set lr timeline
applied 25/06/15
ackno 06/07/15
biometric 09/07/15
bio enroll 11/07/15
decison waiting
can somebody enters my details into google doc plz..
Done :D :D
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:20 am

Hello Guys,

I am planning to apply for set(lr) by PEO (Sheffield) in October with my wife,
I feel my case is straight forward but still want Experts to see my case through their Expert EYES !

My 10 year Time line is a follows

We Arrived in the UK on 06-11-2005 WHM Visa
+ STUDENT
+ PSW
+ PBS (Teir 1) Extension Refused Once then granted on appeal.
Teir 1 Expire Aug 2016.

Me & my wife complete 10 years on 05/11/2015 as we can apply 28 Before completion of 10 years
We will be applying individually after 10/10/2015

In the 10 Years I was out of UK for a total of 102 days and my wife 136 days

we both have passed LIUK & IELTS VI (B1) Tests

once we get our ILR we will apply MN1 for our UK Born 6 year old.

Do i need to get the SAR from HO or write a cover letter for the refusal etc...

Please advice if i am doing any thing wrong.....

Thanks In Advance

violetta
Newly Registered

Post by violetta » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi everyone,

Trying to book my PEO appointment and it keeps saying error and won't let me!

Can I book appointment over the phone? It's really crucial I get the slot I need which is available right now but could go soon!

Anyone? please help!

UKres

Post by UKres » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:19 pm

Hi , i dont think you can book over the phone .
What error you are getting ?
Try to create a new account then give a go.

Dont worry about the appointments slots it will be there, nowdays there are loads of appointment available.

violetta wrote:Hi everyone,

Trying to book my PEO appointment and it keeps saying error and won't let me!

Can I book appointment over the phone? It's really crucial I get the slot I need which is available right now but could go soon!

Anyone? please help!

jitender2005
Newly Registered

Post by jitender2005 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:57 pm

batley12 wrote:Hello Guys,

I feel my case is straight forward but still want Experts to see my case through their Expert EYES !

+ STUDENT
+ PSW
Teir 1 Expire Aug 2016.

Me & my wife complete 10 years on 05/11/2015 as we can apply 28 Before completion of 10 years

Thanks In Advance
Hi mate, I dont think you need a SAR report. Your case seems to be straight forward enough to me.
Regards,

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:04 pm

+ STUDENT
+ PSW
Teir 1 Expire Aug 2016.

Thanks In Advance
Hello Mr Batley,

My case is similar to yours except just my spouse joined me in 2011 so she will need FLRM. Will you be able to update on what documents you are submitting.

thanks
Jay
Its hard to beat a person that never gives up.

sa7e
Newly Registered

Post by sa7e » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:47 pm

Waqasansaar wrote:
sa7e wrote:
Finally Its my time to share a great news of my approval today. AlhamdulilAllah by the grace of GOD long wait has been over.
I would like to thank all members and moderators here. It is really great forum and great help here. And I wish the good luck to those who are waiting for their approvals.

Bio Metric - 25/03/15
Letter Received for requesting treaty rights and cohabitation proof for EEA partner - 10/07/15 (dated 08/07/15)
Approval Date - 23/07/15
Documents Received Back - 24/07/15 with approval letter and now waiting for BRP card.

Regards
waqas
Hello Waqas, congratulations on approval. Kindly share with us what type of cohabitation proof of EEA partner you have submitted. Also what type of documents your submitted. Also was your partner employed or self-employed. I'm have a similar situation and applying next month. nervous to death ....
hi Sa7e
thanks a lot....

my partner was self employed. so i submitted all self assessment documents. NI contribution proofs. invoices and letter from companies where she was self employed. Correspondence from HMRC. Tax documents and statements from HMRC

For cohabitation proof i submitted Tenancy agreements on both names. TV licence, life insurance, bank statements, Some premium bonds on both names and telephone bills.Correspondence from HMRC where address and name was mentioned.

what documents you have ? Let me know if you need any help.
thanks
waqas
Thanks Waqas, That's a very helpful and valuable information you have provided.

As she's self-employed, I have NI contribution, self-assessment and tax returns of 3 years, Letters from HMRC, Invoices from employers, her bank statements. other then HMRC, we have her Thames water bill, broadband bill, mobile bills, TV licence, Electoral roll from council, tendency agreement.

From my side, i will submit my passport, payslips, bank statements, p60s, life in uk test, uk degree, correspondence from HMRC.

1- If there's anything else you think will help, please tell me. Also, please tell me how do i get life insurance and premium bonds and will it be helpful to establish cohabitation??

2- Did you submitted your wife's EEA ID card. In many cases HO did ask for this as seeing from previous posts.

Many thanks,

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:23 pm

sa7e wrote:

Bio Metric - 25/03/15
Approval Date - 23/07/15

Regards
waqas
Hi sa7e...
I have submitted almost the same documents as u mentioned above , it depends on for how many years you are claiming in total of 10 years , the date u got EEA2 , from that date till the date u have to submit the documents of ur EEA family member , Case worker did ask original ID of my partner and Waqas too.
If u have not made ur application yet then I would advise u to go for premium service , its worth spending little extra fee and save the killing waiting time as its look like u have all the required documents , And u dont have to get bonds or anything else to prove cohabitation if u have joint tenancy agreement , or joint council tax bill , or other documents on individual names , And if u was doing self assessments through accountant then get accountant letter too. Dont worry , ur case seems very straight forward.
Regards
Khan

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:14 am

Hi All,

I came in UK on 20 august 2005, i had Student Visa till 2009, then got PSW and after that i got Tier1 general and its extension till January 2016, My 10 years already been completed and i am due to apply now for ILR, can any body let me know what documents i needs to provide to HO along with my ILR SET LR application. I got below please do let me know if i need something else.

1. Master Degree
2.Life in UK Test Certificate
3.Passport size PICs
4.All passports

Thanks and Regards
SAM

Mali1212
Newly Registered

Re: 10 year set lr PEO

Post by Mali1212 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:14 am

Mali1212 wrote:
GBforum wrote:
Mali1212 wrote:Please someone help with the situation
as tried to find info on home office page but nothing is helpful there...
I am applying under set lr and planning to book appointment at P E O however would need some advice from experts..
Date of entry uk. 02. 10. 2005. Student
student extension in may 2008
p s w extension April 2010
back to student extension in June 2012 which was valid until September 2013
I got married in the uk with my wife in January 2013, and she was on tier 1 general visa until September 2013.
I travelled to back home in order to obtain the dependant visa which was granted in may 2013 whilst I had student visa valid and I came back to UK in the may and was away from UK almost 60 days.
I applied as tier 1 general dependant in September 2013 with my wife but home office refused her extension under some very minor issue which was granted by the court and we both received our passports in august 2014 with 3 years visa expiring in 2017.
my wife completed her 10 years so she applied for set lr in October 2014 which granted Feb 2015, hence I did not applied for the visa with her as I might had to travel to my country and so on. I visited few solicitors and they assured me it should not lead any negative impression when I apply my set lr in September 2015.
I have no criminal or civil, and all the extensions were applied in time , but I m so confused with mixed answer that I have to switch my visa first to F l R M and then I can apply for set lr
Please help me with your best of expertise and experience
regards
ali
Dear mali1212
As far i understand ILR 10 years long residence route you can apply 28 days or less whereas you have visa up to 2017. Your visa was continuous and you can get in PEO and hope without any major personal issue which you have not disclosed here you will get it. In my opinion you can apply straight for ILR 10 years route as long as you meet the requirement. FLRM could be your second options and you also need to fulfil financial requirements.
Do a little bit more search on 10 years long residence, read the guidance and get help from the senior members will solve the issue.
Thanks for your help and support...
My first entry to UK was 2nd October 2005 and made few trips to pakistan and Europe but all of those are under 60 days or so. I was never refused any visa before September 2013 which was dependent extension. They refused my application as I was not the main applicant and my application was refused cause my wife application was refused due to online printouts of the payslips and case worker was not satisfied and therefore we had to follow court, but even we were surprised that y r we refused at the first stage, I don't know of any other possible thing which I have not mentioned here in my above enquiry,
my major confusion is the I can entitle ilr soon after 5 September 2015 but as I m on tier 1 general partner visa at the moment whereas my wife is settle here already and I have not switched the visa yet, and do not want to switch. And also visited some solicitor and they charge crazy money I have prepared my case myself with the following docs

All original passports and visa are present
letter from bank the I m their customer since October 2005 till today
nhs card from 2005 and few years randomly selected proof of living in the uk such as marriage certificate, utility bills, letter from driving agencies and letter from UK ba on the previous extensions,
life in the uk certificate
my masters degree as proof of English requirement
three month bank statement

I m not sure which docs I may use but home office guidance suggest that they do not require any docs if passports are not lost.

Do u think I should take a solicitor with me in the public enquiry office or I shall be fine myself with my wife?

Regards

Ali[/quote]

Plz some one suggest about the above mentioned, I am getting so mixed answers that I have to switch my visa to FLRM before I go to get my ilr, plz suggest your experiences, I m due for ilr after 5th September shall I go in PEO in person if it's fine and by law to do so.

Thanks

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:52 am

jitender2005 wrote:

+ STUDENT
+ PSW
Teir 1 Expire Aug 2016.

Thanks In Advance
Hi mate, I dont think you need a SAR report. Your case seems to be straight forward enough to me.
Regards,
Thanks Jitender2005

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:00 am

jimtoole wrote:

+ STUDENT
+ PSW
Teir 1 Expire Aug 2016.

Thanks In Advance
Hello Mr Batley,

My case is similar to yours except just my spouse joined me in 2011 so she will need FLRM. Will you be able to update on what documents you are submitting.

thanks
Jay
Hello Jay,

The documents i am planning to submit are:
-Passports (Proof of 10 year stay)
-Life In the UK test Result
-Ielts UKVI B1 result

Thanks B,

Harlin
Newly Registered

Post by Harlin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:52 am

Hey Guys,

I am also planning to apply for SET (LR) and I am seeking for some advice.

Here is my 10 year timeline

Arrived in Uk on 1 sept 2005 on a student visa.
2005-2007 - student visa
2007-2011 - Student visa renewed
2011-2013 Tier 1 Post study visa
2013-2016 Tier 2 General valid till January

I will complete my 10 years in UK on 1 sept 2015 and according to ukba I can apply for ilr 28 days before so I am planning to apply in mid august.

My previous passport was lost in 2007 by royal mail while it was being returned from home office - I have all the letters from home office as proof and I had to apply for a new passport. I applied for Tier 1 and Tier 2 visas through my second passport which was issued to me in UK by the Indian embassy.

I have never been rejected any of the above mentioned visa's and I have never overstayed in uk. My case looks pretty straight forward and I cant see any complications.. Will it be worth for me applying through the premium service? Any reason I should not use the premium service and apply through post?

These are the documents I am planning to take with me:
- 6 months bank statements
- Employer character reference letter and another letter from employer stating when i joined the company and also mentions that im still employed by them..
- 2 photographs
- Life in uk pass certificate
- College certificates, Bsc and MSc degrees
- P60's (Only have printed copies) is that going to be a problem?
- 6 months pay slips
- Current BRP and driving license

I dont have a letter from GP because I haven't been registered with GP for long - dont ask why (me being silly)
I dont have any mortgage letter or any council tax letter because I live in a rented shared house.

Another question I had - do I have to pay the healthcare surcharge mentioned on ukba website?

Any advice on above will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:44 am

saima79 wrote:Hi All,

I came in UK on 20 august 2005, i had Student Visa till 2009, then got PSW and after that i got Tier1 general and its extension till January 2016, My 10 years already been completed and i am due to apply now for ILR, can any body let me know what documents i needs to provide to HO along with my ILR SET LR application. I got below please do let me know if i need something else.

1. Master Degree
3.Passport size PICs
4.All passports

Thanks and Regards
SAM
Can any body reply me please.

Mali1212
Newly Registered

Post by Mali1212 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:01 am

Hi all
I have booked a premium application appointment on 2 September 2015

Can someone share knowledge on the following plz.

I m currently on tier 1 general partner visa which is valid until August 2017, whereas my spouse have changed her visa into set lr settlement in February 2015. I have not changed my visa status yet but completing my 10 years on 02nd October 2015.

Do I need to change my visa to FLRM?
Do I need a solicitor or it should be ok to

Please advice and suggest as I m going to public enquiry office on 02.09.2015.

Plz share your public enquiry experiences as it might help others to prepare the paper work and get confidence.

Kind regards

Ali

go2tariq
Newly Registered

Post by go2tariq » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:05 am

I am not expert. But I think you are missing only proof of address. Also your Master degree should be obtained from UK to claim English language requirement.
My PEO appoint is on 10th August. I will share my experience.
saima79 wrote:

1. Master Degree
3.Passport size PICs
4.All passports

Thanks and Regards
SAM

Mali1212
Newly Registered

Post by Mali1212 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:18 am

saima79 wrote:

1. Master Degree
3.Passport size PICs
4.All passports

Thanks and Regards
SAM
Hi
you have same situation as my wife, she came in 2004, we applied in post as peo was not an option that time. Home office guidance suggest that if u don't have any missing passport to show entry and exit stamps and also your visas then u do not need to send any other docs, degree for English, life in the uk test should be fine, however we optional put some proof of every yeas such as p 60 p 45 nhs card previous utility bills and some visa approval letters and dvla pass docs basically something from each year, but u do not have to if u want. It took around 4 months in the post but they returned all the docs back, I guess these were not required to case worker.
your case seems straight forward three weeks ago a friend of me got it I PEO Croydon and he was back in 90 minutes, and he just took a letter from his recent employer.
Hope and wish u best of luck..

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:40 pm

saima79 wrote:

1. Master Degree
3.Passport size PICs
4.All passports

Thanks and Regards
SAM
Hi...
Thats all u need , Go for premium service and u will get ur ILR in couple of hours if u dont have any gap in long residence during ur visa extensions , i mean all applications were made on time and u didnt exceed the limits of days out side the country in a year or overall.
Regards
Khan

Harlin
Newly Registered

Post by Harlin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:45 pm

Harlin wrote:Hey Guys,

I am also planning to apply for SET (LR) and I am seeking for some advice.

Here is my 10 year timeline

Arrived in Uk on 1 sept 2005 on a student visa.
2005-2007 - student visa
2007-2011 - Student visa renewed
2011-2013 Tier 1 Post study visa
2013-2016 Tier 2 General valid till January

I will complete my 10 years in UK on 1 sept 2015 and according to ukba I can apply for ilr 28 days before so I am planning to apply in mid august.

My previous passport was lost in 2007 by royal mail while it was being returned from home office - I have all the letters from home office as proof and I had to apply for a new passport. I applied for Tier 1 and Tier 2 visas through my second passport which was issued to me in UK by the Indian embassy.

I have never been rejected any of the above mentioned visa's and I have never overstayed in uk. My case looks pretty straight forward and I cant see any complications.. Will it be worth for me applying through the premium service? Any reason I should not use the premium service and apply through post?

These are the documents I am planning to take with me:
- 6 months bank statements
- Employer character reference letter and another letter from employer stating when i joined the company and also mentions that im still employed by them..
- 2 photographs
- Life in uk pass certificate
- College certificates, Bsc and MSc degrees
- P60's (Only have printed copies) is that going to be a problem?
- 6 months pay slips
- Current BRP and driving license

I dont have a letter from GP because I haven't been registered with GP for long - dont ask why (me being silly)
I dont have any mortgage letter or any council tax letter because I live in a rented shared house.

Another question I had - do I have to pay the healthcare surcharge mentioned on ukba website?

Any advice on above will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Anyone??

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:17 pm

@ Harlin
You don't pay surcharge for ILR, but dependant using FLR M will need to.

When you collected your NI can also help proof you've been in the country for long time, your first bank account.

Harlin
Newly Registered

Post by Harlin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:38 pm

Omor4real wrote:@ Harlin
You don't pay surcharge for ILR, but dependant using FLR M will need to.

When you collected your NI can also help proof you've been in the country for long time, your first bank account.
Hi Omor4real

Thanks for your reply!

I can add my NI card with the application that's not a problem!

I have a HSBC account which I opened when I came in the country for the very first time. You think HSBC will be able to give me a letter mentioning how old my account is?

Cheers

sa7e
Newly Registered

Post by sa7e » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:30 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
sa7e wrote:

Bio Metric - 25/03/15
Approval Date - 23/07/15

Regards
waqas
Hi sa7e...
I have submitted almost the same documents as u mentioned above , it depends on for how many years you are claiming in total of 10 years , the date u got EEA2 , from that date till the date u have to submit the documents of ur EEA family member , Case worker did ask original ID of my partner and Waqas too.
If u have not made ur application yet then I would advise u to go for premium service , its worth spending little extra fee and save the killing waiting time as its look like u have all the required documents , And u dont have to get bonds or anything else to prove cohabitation if u have joint tenancy agreement , or joint council tax bill , or other documents on individual names , And if u was doing self assessments through accountant then get accountant letter too. Dont worry , ur case seems very straight forward.
Regards
Khan
Thanks Khan, very helpful information. I am going to apply end of September through PEO. We have tenancy agreements of last 3 years but no council tax bills. we have Thames water bills though. her self assessments are done through accountant so we can get the accountant letters too.

We have two of her ID. one is EEA ID card and one is from HO as EEA1 visa. would any one of these would be acceptable?

thanks for you both of you for valuable advice. that's gona same a hell lot of money i'm going to spend on solicitors

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Khan1980 wrote:
saima79 wrote:

1. Master Degree
3.Passport size PICs
4.All passports

Thanks and Regards
SAM
Hi...
Thats all u need , Go for premium service and u will get ur ILR in couple of hours if u dont have any gap in long residence during ur visa extensions , i mean all applications were made on time and u didnt exceed the limits of days out side the country in a year or overall.
Regards
Khan
@saima

Just want to ask about your tax. Did u pay tax on the same amount to HMRC which u declared to Home office?

Some tier 1 general visa holder have this issue even they choose to apply under 10 years. Search the board and u will see these kind of stories.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided