ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zac20155556
Newly Registered

Re: March 2015 Naturalization application timeline

Post by zac20155556 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:34 am

Hey everyone I applied for British citizenship with the use of a T Form for someone who was born on or after January 1st 1983 and has lived here up until the age of 10, I applied near the end of march so didn't have to input biometrics as I was part of the few who escaped the increase of payment moving on , I received acknowledgement , on 30th of march from UKBA saying they where considering my application , I am 24 Years of age and have never left the country in my life and was born here (England - London) my father is British but I have no contact with him and my mothers nationality is unclear as she lost her documents which has made me take this route after trying so many different avenues but she was born in switzerland , my time line is below and I have not called or tried to get in contact with UKBA.

Date of Application : 24/03/2015
Date of Acknowledgement: 30/03/2015
Date of Decision: TBA
Date of Ceremony:TBA

After looking at this information you will find I am approaching 4 months in waiting time , is there any advice anyone can give me , and will it upset my application if I call in and ask before the 6 months required , one of my concerns is that many of people in this forum say that some are getting emails and some are getting letters saying they are approved , due to me working very much I am rarely at home so I am afraid that if I miss the letter I will have no idea.

Thank you in advance to everyone who responds , this forum is extremely helpful , I have been a silent reader for about 2 months and it has given me much faith in knowing some people are going through the same situation , in the best way possibly said.

zac20155556
Newly Registered

Post by zac20155556 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:43 am

Hey everyone I applied for British citizenship with the use of a T Form for someone who was born on or after January 1st 1983 and has lived here up until the age of 10, I applied near the end of march so didn't have to input biometrics as I was part of the few who escaped the increase of payment moving on , I received acknowledgement , on 30th of march from UKBA saying they where considering my application , I am 24 Years of age and have never left the country in my life and was born here (England - London) my father is British but I have no contact with him and my mothers nationality is unclear as she lost her documents which has made me take this route after trying so many different avenues but she was born in switzerland , my time line is below and I have not called or tried to get in contact with UKBA.

After looking at this information you will find I am approaching 4 months in waiting time , is there any advice anyone can give me , and will it upset my application if I call in and ask before the 6 months required , one of my concerns is that many of people in this forum say that some are getting emails and some are getting letters saying they are approved , due to me working very much I am rarely at home so I am afraid that if I miss the letter I will have no idea.

Thank you in advance to everyone who responds , this forum is extremely helpful , I have been a silent reader for about 2 months and it has given me much faith in knowing some people are going through the same situation , in the best way possibly said.

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:10 am

zac20155556 wrote:Hey everyone I applied for British citizenship with the use of a T Form for someone who was born on or after January 1st 1983 and has lived here up until the age of 10, I applied near the end of march so didn't have to input biometrics as I was part of the few who escaped the increase of payment moving on , I received acknowledgement , on 30th of march from UKBA saying they where considering my application , I am 24 Years of age and have never left the country in my life and was born here (England - London) my father is British but I have no contact with him and my mothers nationality is unclear as she lost her documents which has made me take this route after trying so many different avenues but she was born in switzerland , my time line is below and I have not called or tried to get in contact with UKBA.

There's nothing else you can do than waiting. You can try calling them but they will not say anything. I've read that on this forum many times, even if you call them after 6 months they still don't give any information.

All approvals come via post. That's why majority of us are waiting for postman everyday lol. We are all in the same boat and there is nothing else to do than wait for the approval letter. Don't worry, you are not alone. We all know how stressful waiting is but...

toorban.mandal
Newly Registered

Post by toorban.mandal » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:18 pm

My approval arrived yesterday - still recovering from the hangover headache

My ceremony date is 1 and half month from now....really strange...!!

Eligibility criteria:5 years+1 year ILR
Language criteria met: (IELTS)
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application:NCS
Council name if NCS used: Newcastle upon Tyne
Date of application:30.03.2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc:CC
Date of receipt by UKBA:1.04.2015
Date of acknowledgment:24.04.15(Dated 20.03.15)
Date of debit or clearance of fees:20.04.15
Date approval received: 24/07/15 (16/07/2015)
Date of ceremony:09/09/15

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:42 pm

toorban.mandal wrote:My approval arrived yesterday - still recovering from the hangover headache

Have you tried calling them to get may be a early date? I used Sunderland and applied on 24th March, still waiting...

toorban.mandal
Newly Registered

Post by toorban.mandal » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:37 pm

theprideofpak wrote:
toorban.mandal wrote:My approval arrived yesterday - still recovering from the hangover headache

Have you tried calling them to get may be a early date? I used Sunderland and applied on 24th March, still waiting...
Yes, mate....I tried calling them....they said there is the cut off date which I have missed....so the next one is on 9th Sep....!!
The other option is to pay £120 and get a private ceremony done .....I am not overly willing though..!!

scottrobertl
Newly Registered

Post by scottrobertl » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:17 am

zac20155556 wrote:Hey everyone I applied for British citizenship with the use of a T Form for someone who was born on or after January 1st 1983 and has lived here up until the age of 10, I applied near the end of march so didn't have to input biometrics as I was part of the few who escaped the increase of payment moving on , I received acknowledgement , on 30th of march from UKBA saying they where considering my application , I am 24 Years of age and have never left the country in my life and was born here (England - London) my father is British but I have no contact with him and my mothers nationality is unclear as she lost her documents which has made me take this route after trying so many different avenues but she was born in switzerland , my time line is below and I have not called or tried to get in contact with UKBA.

Hi mate. We are in the same boat. You actually have exactly the same circumstances as me, it was actually quite creepy reading through your post as I was thinking to my self, " when did I write that, I don't remember writing that" :lol:.
There aren't a lot of T applications made, and it's been really hard getting information.
I would've contiued to remain a silent reader had I not come across your post.
Pm me to talk in more detail, it's good to know I'm not the only one going through this ordeal.

simplyme
Newly Registered

Post by simplyme » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:37 am

Hey guys,
Just wanted to share some of my frustrations here..
I have applied on 23/03/2015
Received Ack on: 15/04/2015
Since then nothing has happened. I have been following this thread for while; as well as checking my post everyday.
Im highly frustrated at the moment.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:46 am

I have noticed some councils do ceremony once or twice a month.
We are that lucky that we live at a borough where 2 councils HQ have

I would have not paid £120 (£150 @ our councils) for private ceremony as basically I have paid £80 already when you applied.

You waited this long 1 and half month is nothing to compare what you have waited for the approval.
This is my opinion of cource and do not expect everyone to agree with me

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:46 pm

8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :D :D :twisted: :twisted:

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:26 pm

tulip11 wrote:8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :D :D :twisted: :twisted:
I hear what you saying tulip11 :D maybe this week? you never know 8)

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:02 pm

ironmaiden wrote:
oh yeah who knows next week is ours :D this long waiting period made us strong isnt it ? :P thanks Ironmaiden :D

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:30 am

tulip11 wrote:
ironmaiden wrote:
oh yeah who knows next week is ours :D this long waiting period made us strong isnt it ? :P thanks Ironmaiden :D
I hear what you saying tulip11 :D that's true, it made us really strong... gonna be 5 months exactly next monday! like you've said, this week or next week might be ours! 8)

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:52 am

Been a silent reader of this forum for some time. Now the wait is getting restless. Here is my timeline (4.5 months on going on..)

Eligibility criteria: General Tier 1(5 yrs) +1 yr ILR)
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK Degree
Method of application: NCS Bromley
Council name if NCS used: Bromley.
Date of application: 19-03-2015
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of acknowledgment: :?
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 14-04-2015
Date approval received: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting

bosh83

Post by bosh83 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:48 am

I hear what you saying tulip11 :D maybe this week? you never know 8)[/quote]

oh yeah who knows next week is ours :D this long waiting period made us strong isnt it ? :P thanks Ironmaiden :D[/quote]

I hear what you saying tulip11 :D that's true, it made us really strong... gonna be 5 months exactly next monday! like you've said, this week or next week might be ours! 8)[/quote]
yes mate never give up. ..between me and you 6 days
so if this your week next will be main. ..
good luck :lol: :roll:

JayGB
Newly Registered

Post by JayGB » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:28 am

I just wanted to encourage March Applicants/ especially first 2weeks applicants :D to have faith and be hopeful. I sent my naturalization application 7th of March 2015 and I received my approval/ successful application last week dated 23rd of July 2015. So I am waiting for ceremony invitation letter to be sent. Wishing everyone waiting best wishes. Cheers.

spikey

Post by spikey » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:32 am

JayGB wrote:I just wanted to encourage March Applicants/ especially first 2weeks applicants :D to have faith and be hopeful. I sent my naturalization application 7th of March 2015 and I received my approval/ successful application last week dated 23rd of July 2015. So I am waiting for ceremony invitation letter to be sent. Wishing everyone waiting best wishes. Cheers.

Fantastic. So it takes approximately 5 months for the process to complete.

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:33 pm

JayGB wrote:I just wanted to encourage March Applicants/ especially first 2weeks applicants :D to have faith and be hopeful. I sent my naturalization application 7th of March 2015 and I received my approval/ successful application last week dated 23rd of July 2015. So I am waiting for ceremony invitation letter to be sent. Wishing everyone waiting best wishes. Cheers.
Awesomeness! :lol: Congratulations mate :)

JayGB
Newly Registered

Post by JayGB » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:45 pm

spikey wrote:

Fantastic. So it takes approximately 5 months for the process to complete.
Yeah it seems like :D

JayGB
Newly Registered

Post by JayGB » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:46 pm

ironmaiden wrote:
Awesomeness! :lol: Congratulations mate :)
Thanks alot :D

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi jay, congratulations. I received my approval letter only in which they advised me to contact the council to book the ceremony. I called the council and booked a private ceremony on 30th July. Are you not advised to do the same?
Best of luck to all forum members still waiting :D
Choudhry

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:44 pm

congratulations and thanks for great support. Btw home office is working in a reverse direction I think so 8)

JayGB
Newly Registered

Post by JayGB » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:43 pm

ChOudhry1 wrote:
Hi jay, congratulations. I received my approval letter only in which they advised me to contact the council to book the ceremony. I called the council and booked a private ceremony on 30th July. Are you not advised to do the same?
Thanks alot, No I was not advised to call the council but to wait for the invitation letter. Did you use nationality checking service (NCS) initially for your application?

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:50 pm

JayGB wrote:
ChOudhry1 wrote:
Thanks alot, No I was not advised to call the council but to wait for the invitation letter. Did you use nationality checking service (NCS) initially for your application?
Yes I did,
Choudhry

JayGB
Newly Registered

Post by JayGB » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Best of luck to all forum members still waiting :D[/quote]

Thanks alot, No I was not advised to call the council but to wait for the invitation letter. Did you use nationality checking service (NCS) initially for your application?[/quote]

Yes I did,[/quote]

That has worked to your advantage :D guessing your council had your details already/ established data sharing between your council and HO already at the time of your application. Best wishes/ Congrats still :D