ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Piplu
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (onl

Post by Piplu » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:44 am

Update: Have received the certificate today (23/07/2015) dated on the 20/07/2015.

SKAR
Newly Registered

Post by SKAR » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:29 am

*****UPDATE***** FINALLY....
SKAR wrote:Application Timeline MN1
Eligibility criteria: section 1(3)
Method of application: NCS (Manchester)
Date of application: 24/03/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25/03/2015
Date of debit of fees: 30/03/2015 (from Debit Card)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 02/04/2015 (dated: 30/3/2015)
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: 24/07/2015 (Dated 21/07/2015)
Waiting.. .. .. :roll: ....................... IS ............................... FINISHED :)

Note: Couple of weeks back I meet local MP and requested him to write letter to HO to get the status of my application as it was nearing 4 months. After bit of hesitation (especially cos the application was under 6months) he agreed and wrote to HO and last week on 16th July,I got reply from MP stating that HO replied with STANDARD reply 'the application will be completed in 6 months bla bla...' It was surprising as I was told that if MP requests status, then HO will mention the status of application which they didnot. So more frustration... but then I got approval today.
May be contacting MP has helped directly or indirectly.. in waking them up!! and looking at my application.

But Homeoffice should definetly improve its service, we dont have to wait SO LONG for straight forward CHILD application, even after applying through 'so called' NCS checking service. Whats the use of paying extra ££ plus fees £££. etc.

Thanks for everyone on this forum.. its been Very Helpful!
Best of luck for those who are waiting!!

SKAR

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:45 am

Dal wrote:Hi all,

Two days ago I had a dream with my child application, HO refused it! :( :( :( :shock: :shock:
Today around 5pm I received a white large envelope ,when I opened it , was my son BRITISH CERTIFICATE :D :D :D

MN1 APPLICATION TIMELINE
Applied NCS 09/03/15
Received By UKBA 10/03/15
Confirmation letter received 18/03/15(dated 12/03/15)
Approval Waiting
Certificate received 23/07/15 (dated 20/07/15)

It took 4,5 months.

Now is time to apply for my youngest son.

Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Dal
Congrats & best wishes

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:50 am

Piplu wrote:
Piplu wrote:I have applied for my 2 years old daughter on last week of March and still waiting…

Eligibility criteria: Section 1(3)
Method of application: NCS (Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea), on 30/03/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 24/04/2015 Dated: 21/04/2015
Date of receipt of approval: ??
Date of receipt of documents: ??

Little expectant after seeing few responses from the application made in the same period, thanks @ hadi2012, and @limis for the update and big congratulation!!

Update: Have received the certificate yesterday (23/07/2015) issues on the 20/07/2015.
Congratulations! Good to see a bit of progress on this forum

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:57 am

SKAR wrote:*****UPDATE***** FINALLY....
SKAR wrote:Application Timeline MN1
Eligibility criteria: section 1(3)
Method of application: NCS (Manchester)
Date of application: 24/03/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25/03/2015
Date of debit of fees: 30/03/2015 (from Debit Card)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 02/04/2015 (dated: 30/3/2015)
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: 24/07/2015 (Dated 21/07/2015)
Waiting.. .. .. :roll: ....................... IS ............................... FINISHED :)

Note: Couple of weeks back I meet local MP and requested him to write letter to HO to get the status of my application as it was nearing 4 months. After bit of hesitation (especially cos the application was under 6months) he agreed and wrote to HO and last week on 16th July,I got reply from MP stating that HO replied with STANDARD reply 'the application will be completed in 6 months bla bla...' It was surprising as I was told that if MP requests status, then HO will mention the status of application which they didnot. So more frustration... but then I got approval today.
May be contacting MP has helped directly or indirectly.. in waking them up!! and looking at my application.

But Homeoffice should definetly improve its service, we dont have to wait SO LONG for straight forward CHILD application, even after applying through 'so called' NCS checking service. Whats the use of paying extra ££ plus fees £££. etc.

Thanks for everyone on this forum.. its been Very Helpful!
Best of luck for those who are waiting!!

SKAR
Congrats, three results this week for some of our March applicants: just like London buses. Wish you well

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:17 am

Allesheikh wrote:Hi Guys

Got a question one of my sons referee got conviction recently basically Newham council fined him and was dealt in court. I want to find out will this affect on my son application. Anyone knows how long it takes for convictions to appear on credit file. Please help me guys I don't want delays because of this shall I send reference from someone else.

Thanks in advance.
Ali
Hi Allesheikh

I'm sure the HO will be reasonable as the person was of good character at the time they helped you and you satisfied the requirements on the day you posted. Let's wait and see but I strongly feel you will be alright

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Hi Hwima

Thanks for your response I was thinking to send another reference from someone else but I'll wait and see. I hope I get this application in August as I have to travel back home.

If I don't get in time can I travel with my son on his Pakistan passport without applying his British passport. Registration certificate will be accepted on airports while coming back.

Congrats to all those received approvals.

Thx
Ali
Hwima wrote:
Allesheikh wrote:Hi Guys

Got a question one of my sons referee got conviction recently basically Newham council fined him and was dealt in court. I want to find out will this affect on my son application. Anyone knows how long it takes for convictions to appear on credit file. Please help me guys I don't want delays because of this shall I send reference from someone else.

Thanks in advance.
Ali
Hi Allesheikh

I'm sure the HO will be reasonable as the person was of good character at the time they helped you and you satisfied the requirements on the day you posted. Let's wait and see but I strongly feel you will be alright

Kartal23
Newly Registered

Post by Kartal23 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:29 pm

I have applied through ncs brighton for gettigetting register my daughter . İ sent all document as a copy including my daughter biometric card. My question is should l have sent my daughter original biometric card or not ? I just sent copy of biometric card ? Please help me about it . Many thanks

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:56 am

NCS will verify your originals and return it back to you. I did my daughter's registration through NCS and all originals including Biometric was returned.

I also wondered once I get my daughter's registration what is the process of returning the original BRP to home office.

Regards,
RD

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:01 am

hsmp_apr2010 wrote:
UPDATE:

Date and Method of application: 09/06/2015, NCS
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/06/2015
Date of debit of fees: 18/06/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 20/06/2015
Date of biometric letter: 24/06/2015
Date biometrics enrolled: 24/06/2015
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of receipt of documents: Awaiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Awaiting

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:36 pm

Guys, please keep this thread for timelines ONLY - create a new topic for any comments or questions you may have. Thanks

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:51 pm

Date and Method of application: 27/07/2015 by post
Date of receipt by UKBA: Awaiting
Date of debit of fees: Awaiting
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Awaiting
Date of biometric letter: Awaiting
Date biometrics enrolled: Awaiting
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of receipt of documents: Awaiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Awaiting

righty
Newly Registered

Post by righty » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Kartal23 wrote:I have applied through ncs brighton for gettigetting register my daughter . İ sent all document as a copy including my daughter biometric card. My question is should l have sent my daughter original biometric card or not ? I just sent copy of biometric card ? Please help me about it . Many thanks
The BRP card MUST be returned for you to get the certificate. The application form its self calls for it to be returned. If you kept the card and then got your child a British Passport then the card can be used for God knows what. That is the reason the Home office demands for its return. Worry not, when a decision is made on your application, the HO will send you a letter asking you to return the BRP card before they issue the cert.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:42 am

righty wrote:
Kartal23 wrote:I have applied through ncs brighton for gettigetting register my daughter . İ sent all document as a copy including my daughter biometric card. My question is should l have sent my daughter original biometric card or not ? I just sent copy of biometric card ? Please help me about it . Many thanks
The BRP card MUST be returned for you to get the certificate. The application form its self calls for it to be returned. If you kept the card and then got your child a British Passport then the card can be used for God knows what. That is the reason the Home office demands for its return. Worry not, when a decision is made on your application, the HO will send you a letter asking you to return the BRP card before they issue the cert.
Hi righty

Won't they return the BRP card together with the other evidence they requested? The BRP would still be useful for those with dual nationality for legitimate purposes, wouldn't it?

righty
Newly Registered

Post by righty » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:07 am

Hwima wrote:
righty wrote:
Hi righty

Won't they return the BRP card together with the other evidence they requested? The BRP would still be useful for those with dual nationality for legitimate purposes, wouldn't it?
Hwima, if you have dual Nationality including BC its your passport that identifies that and its what you use to travel and not the BRP card. Lets just say I applied for my baby daughter too recently and I enclosed the HER BRP card as per HO instruction for those WITH it. If you filled in the MN1 application yourself it asks if you were issued with one and to enclose it unless for some reason it is not in your possession. The only copy i enclosed was my ILR BRP card because I was not the applicant so no need to send it. Unless they make a mistake, HO will not issue you with a cert and leave you with the original BRP card at the same time. Its the same with those who were once issued with a visa on paper, when it was time to renew, you had to return the original expired one with the application.
I think to clarify this, its best you contact the Nationality team to inquire.

BSR80
Newly Registered

Post by BSR80 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:06 am

Please let us know anybody got certificates who have applied in April...

ZFDar
Pakistan

Post by ZFDar » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:40 pm

We applied on 2nd of April for our daughter and still waiting...

shaz101
Newly Registered

Post by shaz101 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:59 pm

We applied on 22nd April and still waiting for certificates. :roll:

Gemini87
Newly Registered

Post by Gemini87 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:16 pm

Applied on 13th April. Still waiting....

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:16 am

I applied for my 2 son's MN1 application on 27th April still waiting ,I don't think any one recived the certificate who applied April according to the forum they still processing march applicants lets see at least we get it by August . Plz any one got it update it ASAP at least we have some relief . Thx

rajanaveedzafar
Newly Registered

Post by rajanaveedzafar » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:03 am

Hi guys
I have one question regarding BRP card of my son when i applied for my IRL i did not apply for my son now when i send ghis BRP of my son with the application its expired in feb would it create any problem??

Thanks in Advance

marianavs2003
Newly Registered

Post by marianavs2003 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:11 pm

marianavs2003 wrote:
marianavs2003 wrote:I applied today for my 3 years old UK born twin daughters .
Criteria of applying 1 (3)
Method of applying: Ncs Slough
Date of applying: 21/07/2015
Date application received by HO : 22/07/2015
Fees deducted from Cc : balance dropped today : 31/07/2015 :P
Date of acknowledge letter :?
Date of biometric letter :?
Date of approval letter :?
Date of certificate received :?

BSR80
Newly Registered

Post by BSR80 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:50 pm

I think they are using full 6 months time for all the applications :( applied on Apr24th and still waiting.. pls post when you receive certificates..

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi Everyone

I've applied for my son on 14th April and still waiting.

Gemini87
Newly Registered

Post by Gemini87 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi All,
I have found this on searching, this explains the delays in processing..out of 97 case workers who deal with naturalisation 67 have been deployed to passport office until Sept 2015..
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... %20cpc.pdf