ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to the UK without EEA spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sinhaavneesh
Newly Registered

Returning to the UK without EEA spouse

Post by sinhaavneesh » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:53 am

Hello, I' m wondering if anyone can please advise! My EEA wife ( polish citizen) and I (Indian citizen) reside in the UK. I currently hold a valid 5 year residence document (as a non-eea family member). We both are married.

We are traveling to Portugal together. As per the EU directive 2004/38/EC, I'll not be requiring any visa as we are travelling together.

However, my wife now has to return to the UK 3 days before me, leaving me there in Portugal. Will I have have problem in return to the UK alone?

Thanks for any advise.

liksah

Re: Returning to the UK without EEA spouse

Post by liksah » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:39 pm

No, of course you will not have any problem. You have a residence permit from the UK, correct? That allows you to enter and leave the UK as you please, there should be no requirement for you to do that with your wife every single time.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:18 pm

liksah wrote:No, of course you will not have any problem. You have a residence permit from the UK, correct? That allows you to enter and leave the UK as you please, there should be no requirement for you to do that with your wife every single time.
in fact ,you WILL BE JOINING HER IN THE UK, formalistically speaking

sinhaavneesh
Newly Registered

Post by sinhaavneesh » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:51 pm

many thanks for the advice.It makes sense but thought of just checking as i couldn't find anything on the website.