ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied in the UK providing biometrics from Nepal?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ujjawalb
Newly Registered

Applied in the UK providing biometrics from Nepal?

Post by ujjawalb » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:57 pm

I have applied for Naturalization then I came to Nepal for a short visit to repair the damage caused by the Earthquake. I am still in Nepal and I will be here for a short while. My house mate who shares the same address has sent me a copy of the letter sent to me from the UKBA asking me to provide my biometrics. It further mentions I have 15 days to do so. We do have British Embassy here in Nepal. Can I provide the biometric details here in the Nepalese British Consulate?

Regards
Ujjawal

noajthan

Re: Applied in the UK providing biometrics from Nepal?

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:15 pm

ujjawalb wrote:I have applied for Naturalization then I came to Nepal for a short visit to repair the damage caused by the Earthquake. I am still in Nepal and I will be here for a short while. My house mate who shares the same address has sent me a copy of the letter sent to me from the UKBA asking me to provide my biometrics. It further mentions I have 15 days to do so. We do have British Embassy here in Nepal. Can I provide the biometric details here in the Nepalese British Consulate?

Regards
Ujjawal
This Gov UK website summarise biometrics enrollment:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chan ... categories

- it mentions applicants from UK to enrol biometrics in UK.

Here is VFS website for visa applicants based outside UK:
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/uae/frequent ... tions.html

- it describes their biometrics enrollment process (for applicants based outside of UK).

In neither place does it mention applicants from UK who are temporarily outside UK.

Suggest you contact the British embassy in Nepal &/or VFS to check on your scenario.
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Alternately to contact UKVI try here:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

To contact VFS Nepal try here:
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Nepal/applicationcentre.html

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:48 pm

If you are required to enrol from UK (as you applied from UK) then be aware the caseworker's guidance is quite clear:
failure to attend within 15 working days of the date of the invitation letter will result in a warning letter and a final 10 working days grace period (from date of a 2nd letter):
Failure to attend Post Office
If a person who is eligible to enrol their biometric information at a Post Office does not attend a Post Office within 15 working days of the date of their biometric information notification letter, you must send them a ‘biometric appointment warning letter’

If a person is sent a rejection warning letter, they then have a further 10 working days from the date of the warning letter to enrol at a Post Office.
Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_v4_0.pdf

ujjawalb
Newly Registered

Post by ujjawalb » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Thank you. I will call them tomorrow.
In the mean time it is a slightly different question but slightly related.

For providing biometrics, do I have to book an appointment or I can simply turn up at the post office with the letter UKBA has sent me?
Regards
U

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:26 pm

ujjawalb wrote:Thank you. I will call them tomorrow.
In the mean time it is a slightly different question but slightly related.

For providing biometrics, do I have to book an appointment or I can simply turn up at the post office with the letter UKBA has sent me?
Regards
U
According to this guide its a walk-in service at the larger (Crown) post offices that offer this service:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... il_02_.pdf

ujjawalb
Newly Registered

Post by ujjawalb » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:07 pm

Thank you for a prompt reply. I will mention what the local british embassy tells me here tomorrow.

ujjawalb
Newly Registered

Post by ujjawalb » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:48 am

Just to give you an update:

I sent an email to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

saying I am in Nepal and requested to provide Biometrics here and UKBA posted a letter to my Nepal address. I got the letter and I will now provide my biometric here.

Thank you,
U

ujjawalb
Newly Registered

process from ILR to Naturalization (what are the condition)

Post by ujjawalb » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:54 am

Hi

I have applied for Naturalization and then I have left UK temporarily. I will submit my biometrics tomorrow in Nepal as approved my UKBA.

It will now take few months I guess to be approved for naturalization.

I believe the applicant should not be away for more than 90 days. Is this 90 days policy 12 months before I applied or 90- days policy applies during and after the application for naturalization?

Regards
U

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: process from ILR to Naturalization (what are the conditi

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:46 am

It is before you apllied.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: process from ILR to Naturalization (what are the conditi

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:05 am

ujjawalb wrote:Hi

I have applied for Naturalization and then I have left UK temporarily. I will submit my biometrics tomorrow in Nepal as approved my UKBA.

It will now take few months I guess to be approved for naturalization.

I believe the applicant should not be away for more than 90 days. Is this 90 days policy 12 months before I applied or 90- days policy applies during and after the application for naturalization?

Regards
U
Hi Ujjawalb,
I dont know this. Could you please clarify whether can give biometrics outside country for naturalization application ? How you got biometric request letter, whether home offcie sent to outside UK ?

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh Kotha

ujjawalb
Newly Registered

Post by ujjawalb » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Hi Suresh

I applied from UK then went to Nepal. They send me a letter asking me to attend any UK post office. I emailed UKBA and said I am in Nepal and gave my Nepal address.

Next thing they send me the same letter with the address of Nepal where I need to go and provide biometrics,. How cool is that.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:17 am

ujjawalb wrote:Hi Suresh

I applied from UK then went to Nepal. They send me a letter asking me to attend any UK post office. I emailed UKBA and said I am in Nepal and gave my Nepal address.

Next thing they send me the same letter with the address of Nepal where I need to go and provide biometrics,. How cool is that.
Can you provide the email address where you emailed? Also, how you are planning to provide biometrics in Nepal? Are you going to use UK consulate or...?
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Liz0303
Newly Registered

Post by Liz0303 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:53 pm

Hello, I'm in a similar position (going abroad temporarily after applying for Citizenship) and was hoping for an update of your status re British citizenship/whether being out of the country during application or giving biometric info from abroad after applying from the UK complicated or delayed your application? Many thanks!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:35 pm

This thread is 18 months old.