ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Sponsor Claiming Child Benefit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aroon123

FLR (M) Sponsor Claiming Child Benefit

Post by Aroon123 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Hello there
I wanted to know if the sponsor is claiming child benefit and not the applicant for the FLR (M) souse visa extension, will that in anyway have an negative impact on the application?
Also do you have to provide bank statements showing the child benefit entries in the the account?
Thank You

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Sponsor Claiming Child Benefit

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:13 pm

No it won't affect the outcome of the FLR(M) application. It would be advisable to submit all bank statements for the last 6 months.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aroon123

FLR M - child benefit claim effect financial requirement

Post by Aroon123 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:05 am

Good evening, my husband is currently earning £18,750 per year and now I can finally apply for my flr m extension as he is the sole sponsor. My question is he is also claiming child benefit for our child alone, I do not claim. does this have any impact on the financial threshold value as he earns just over the limit ? I was wondering do they actually take away the monthly child benefit income from the financial threshold value? Thanks for the help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M - child benefit claim effect financial requirement

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:43 am

Read the second post in the topic (above).

That said,
Aroon123 wrote:Good evening, my husband is currently earning £18,750 per year and now I can finally apply for my flr m extension as he is the sole sponsor.
Until 19-Jul-15:
Aroon123 wrote:My husband no longer meets the financial requirements of £18,600, he earns just £10,000 per year,
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Aroon123

Re: FLR M - child benefit claim effect financial requirement

Post by Aroon123 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:24 pm

Thanks for all the help and comments

navodwickra

Re: FLR (M) Sponsor Claiming Child Benefit

Post by navodwickra » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:11 am

Aroon123 wrote:Hello there
I wanted to know if the sponsor is claiming child benefit and not the applicant for the FLR (M) souse visa extension, will that in anyway have an negative impact on the application?
Also do you have to provide bank statements showing the child benefit entries in the the account?
Thank You
Nope, anyone under immigration control can not claim benefits which you means you can't but your sponsor is a settled person or a British citizen which means they are not under immigration control so they can claim benefits and that does not effect your application in anyway.

Bottom line is as long as you avoid claiming benefits you are good to go.