ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a visa for newborn along with an extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pillaipraveen
Newly Registered

Applying for a visa for newborn along with an extension

Post by pillaipraveen » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:40 pm

Hi, My current contract is due to expire on 31 December. My employer is applying for an extension in September. My current Tier 2 (general visa) is valid until 26th January 2016. Once we get the new CoS for extension in September we are planning to submit documents to extend our (mine and my wife's) visa until August 2018 (expiry date of my CoS). Our son was born on 18th June and do not have a visa yet.
I was wondering if we can apply for a visa with the same CoS for all the 3 of us together on the same day we are planning to extend our visa? Is there a problem with this since my son's visa is not an extension but a new application?
Thank you for your advice in advance.
Regards,
Praveen.

vinny

Re: Applying for a visa for newborn along with an extension

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:01 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pillaipraveen
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for a visa for newborn along with an extension

Post by pillaipraveen » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:18 am

vinny wrote:Okay.
Thanks vinny. On this front, my employer told that certificate of maintanence from A-rated sponsor is not required for this visa application since it's an extension. I had a look at the Tier 2 policy guidance and point 168 on Page 42 says that to obtain 10 points towards maintenance any one of the 3 conditions need to be satisfied. Since the first one "you currently have entry clearance" is true, do I need to either show my bank statements for approximately ~3000 when I submit my visa application or get maintenance certified by my sponsor. Few details of my visa and plan for extension is provided below.

Current contract valid until 31 December 2015
Visa expires on 26 January 2016
CoS for extension with the same employer for a Tier 2 visa planned for September 2015 valid until August 2018
Planning to submit our visa application (2 adults and one infant) during the 1st week of October.

Thank you very much for your/anyone's advice in advance.
Kind Regards,

Praveen.