ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP Holder, company I am working being overtaken.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mxn
Newly Registered

WP Holder, company I am working being overtaken.

Post by mxn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:01 pm

Hi,

The company which has sponsered my WP is going to be overtaken by another company.

The company is going to retain its current name for all operations

What are the implications on my current workpermit.

Does the new company has to apply again for my workpermit or is it still valid

If the current WP is valid, at the port of entry which company name should i mention iam working for.

My WP is up for renewal in august 2008, and i really do not want to go thru the process of the company putting an advert .. so is a WP renewal possible from the company which has taken over my current company

Thanks
MXN

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:03 am

If the company is going to retain the same name i dont think you have to apply for a new work permit, you should be able to apply for extension as long as you retain the same job title as well.
Magsi

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:17 am

Your company need to inform HO regarding current status. In my case, HO sent a letter stating they have amended their records with the same and no need to apply for workpermit again.

mxn
Newly Registered

Post by mxn » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:37 pm

thanks for the info guys