ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vicky-Vika
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Vicky-Vika » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:55 pm

Saw few people applied in March, 2015, still waiting for result.
I am about the same timeframe, now still expecting for RC as well. Really a long process....
Just curious anyone applied in March, 2015 and got RC already? Thanks a lot.

My EEA RC ( FM) application as below timeline:
14th Mar: Sent out Application
18th Mar: Received confirmation letter from HO about application
23rd Mar: HO Issued COA with right to work
26th July: Still Waiting for RC

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:01 am

Vicky-Vika wrote:Saw few people applied in March, 2015, still waiting for result.
I am about the same timeframe, now still expecting for RC as well. Really a long process....
Just curious anyone applied in March, 2015 and got RC already? Thanks a lot.

My EEA RC ( FM) application as below timeline:
14th Mar: Sent out Application
18th Mar: Received confirmation letter from HO about application
23rd Mar: HO Issued COA with right to work
26th July: Still Waiting for RC
Vicky, welcome to the March 2015 club, there are a few of us active on the forum.

I believe so far we are all still waiting, hopefully we will get some news soon!
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

nachfee
United Kingdom

Post by nachfee » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:18 am

Hello Everyone!

Has anyone applied in April but with the old application?

Also a question I haven't gotten answered. Is it better to ask for passport back? I cannot travel as my preview EEA2 visa is expired but I want to know why people ask for their passport back? Does it make easier? If they refuse your visa, does it make it easier for appeal - reconsideration?

Many thanks

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:25 am

I just feel that something is going on.
When I applied their telephone line was unespectedly helpful.( They even called me back and chased my COA letter and informed me when I am gonna get it. Now I call them they even dont want to talk more than 30 secs. I have changed my address online and I have no confirmation about my address change, Person on the line said he will call me me back in 72 h, nobody called back.
They give no info nowadays which pisses me off.
They still cant establish some online account which enables us to follow up our application and make amendments and so on :x

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:29 am

nachfee wrote:Hello Everyone!

Also a question I haven't gotten answered. Is it better to ask for passport back? I cannot travel as my preview EEA2 visa is expired but I want to know why people ask for their passport back? Does it make easier? If they refuse your visa, does it make it easier for appeal - reconsideration?

Many thanks
Nachfee, in the forum and personally I have met people who have requested their passports back and recieved their RC with no problem.

I asked for mine and my wife´s back, and I am still waiting within the expected timeframes, so I can´t honestly tell you if you will be affected or not.

Of course it may be better for them to have your passports at all times, but on the other side, life still goes on and you/your QP may need their passport, so, it is really up to you given how uncertain things are at this moment.

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:31 am

Many thanks
Hi, I think they ask for travel purposes or job applications. I do not think it has impact on you app timeline whatsoever.
You still can travel if your EEA1 visa is valid.
I even know some people who traveled with their COA and passport but I dont know details.
I would like to do it aswell at september but i need to find out how to do it

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:33 am

bilirserdar wrote:I just feel that something is going on.
When I applied their telephone line was unespectedly helpful.( They even called me back and chased my COA letter and informed me when I am gonna get it. Now I call them they even dont want to talk more than 30 secs. I have changed my address online and I have no confirmation about my address change, Person on the line said he will call me me back in 72 h, nobody called back.
They still cant establish some online account which enables us to follow up our application and make amendments and so on :x
Bili, do you open the call saying you just want to confirm address update, or they just send you packing even before that?

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:33 am

Many thanks
Hi, I think they ask for travel purposes or job applications. I do not think it has impact on you app timeline whatsoever.
You still can travel if your EEA1 visa is valid.
I even know some people who traveled with their COA and passport but I dont know details.
I would like to do it aswell at september but i need to find out how to do it

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:37 am

Mileman wrote:
bilirserdar wrote:I just feel that something is going on.
Bili, do you open the call saying you just want to confirm address update, or they just send you packing even before that?
Mileman I have changed address online. But I never can be sure when it comes to UKBA so I called them and asked if its really changed in their system. He even couldnt give me answer for a simple question.
Because i have bad experiences with UKBA. They have lost my COA before and so on. I have lost 1 month just because their and my faults.

kristo

Post by kristo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:41 am

Hello everyone,

Please can someone help me out here,

Applcation for EEA married Partner Sent : 17/07/2015
Application Received : 20/07/2015
COA received with no right to work : 27/07/2015

The reason is that i didnt provide evidence of my sponsor original documents exercising her treaty right. which i did provide the letter from sponsor but no wage slip because she just started work and dont have any payslips yet.

So Please anyone advice me please, should i withdraw my application and reapply again? so i can be able to get COA with right to work?

Thanks

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:44 am

kristo wrote:Hello everyone,

The reason is that i didnt provide evidence of my sponsor original documents exercising her treaty right. which i did provide the letter from sponsor but no wage slip because she just started work and dont have any payslips yet.

So Please anyone advice me please, should i withdraw my application and reapply again? so i can be able to get COA with right to work?

Thanks
Kristo, with the COA refusal, did they send back all your documents as well?

Otherwise I believe you can send back the information they say is missing, state clearly what your case ID number is and they can send a new COA, that way you don´t need to re-apply.

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:45 am

You need to send some payslips of EEA nation or some documentation from Jobcenter(If she was a registered jobseeker before), Wait a few weeks until she collects 2-3 payslips and get some letter from employer. Send them and claim another COA, It must come with right to work this time.
Thanks

kristo

Post by kristo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:12 am

Mileman wrote:

Thanks
Kristo, with the COA refusal, did they send back all your documents as well?

Otherwise I believe you can send back the information they say is missing, state clearly what your case ID number is and they can send a new COA, that way you don´t need to re-apply.

Hello Mileman, No, the only sent me biometric and COA with no right to work, and the said the will not reconsider my right to work until the make decision on my application, so that is why i am thinking to withdraw this my application and then reapply, then maybe the will consider my right to work, as is a new application.

Thanks

kristo

Post by kristo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:16 am

bilirserdar wrote:

You need to send some payslips of EEA nation or some documentation from Jobcenter(If she was a registered jobseeker before), Wait a few weeks until she collects 2-3 payslips and get some letter from employer. Send them and claim another COA, It must come with right to work this time.
Thanks

Hello bilirserda,
So, I should withdraw my application for now and reapply? with the payslips and employers letter? because in the COA letter, the states the will not reconsider my COA for right to work during this consideration period.

Thanks

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:22 am

kristo wrote:
bilirserdar wrote:

Thanks

Hello bilirserda,
So, I should withdraw my application for now and reapply? with the payslips and employers letter? because in the COA letter, the states the will not reconsider my COA for right to work during this consideration period.

Thanks
Thats odd kristo, there were people in the forum before who are in same situation as you, they have solved the issue without withdrawing their application.
Best way to call them and ask ''If I send my partner's payslips, are you gonna reconsider my COA''
I never heard they state ''your coa wont be reconsidered'' in the COA paper. That must be new

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:24 am

kristo wrote:
bilirserdar wrote:

Thanks

Hello bilirserda,

Thanks

If I were you I would write a cover letter and attach a few payslips and try it out.
If you wont be lucky, then unfortunately you ll submit a new application.

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:31 am

Hi,
I'm non EEA national spouse of EEA national since 2012, I was applied EEA family permit for my NON EEA children and was refused and we appealed agianst decision which we won on 20 July 2015.

My questions
A. How long they can wait for a call from embassy?
B. When they come to UK they need to apply for Residence Card?
C. If we are getting housing benefits and child credit will this affect our Permenant residence card?
D. When they came in UK when they can apply for PR?

Many thanks

lyztge

Post by lyztge » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:46 am

Thanks

Did the letter from employer specify: job title, duration of employment, salary scale, as well as working hours per week?

Hope my application will go well, we are in the same situation, what we did is we went to talk to the officer using the premier service and got the QP beforehand. Hope it helps.....

kristo

Post by kristo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:49 am

lyztge wrote:

Thanks

Did the letter from employer specify: job title, duration of employment, salary scale, as well as working hours per week?

Hope my application will go well, we are in the same situation, what we did is we went to talk to the officer using the premier service and got the QP beforehand. Hope it helps.....

yeah, the employer specified all that, the COA states that quote " WE WILL NOT REVISIT THE TERMS OF YOU COA DURING THE CONSIDERATION OF YOUR CASE" "THIS MEANS WE WILL NOT CONFIRM YOUR RIGHT TO WORK UNTIL YOUR APPLICATION IS DECIDE, THIS INCLUDES THE PERIOD OF TIME DURING WHICH YOU EXERCISE ANY RIGHT OF APPEAL SHOULD YOUR APPLICATION BE REFUSED AND IS IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTATION YOU MAY PROVIDE DURING CONSIDERATION STAGE".

lyztge

Post by lyztge » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:52 am

kristo wrote:
lyztge wrote:

Thanks

yeah, the employer specified all that, the COA states that quote " WE WILL NOT REVISIT THE TERMS OF YOU COA DURING THE CONSIDERATION OF YOUR CASE" "THIS MEANS WE WILL NOT CONFIRM YOUR RIGHT TO WORK UNTIL YOUR APPLICATION IS DECIDE, THIS INCLUDES THE PERIOD OF TIME DURING WHICH YOU EXERCISE ANY RIGHT OF APPEAL SHOULD YOUR APPLICATION BE REFUSED AND IS IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTATION YOU MAY PROVIDE DURING CONSIDERATION STAGE".
That is harsh....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:54 am

I believe a new application will be unnecessary.

Write and inform them that you have not been provided a proper documentation and ID, and that you intend to make a claim for damages in the event of you loosing on the right to work.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kristo

Post by kristo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Obie wrote:I believe a new application will be unnecessary.

Write and inform them that you have not been provided a proper CV, and that you intend to make a claim for damages in the event of you loosing on the right to work.

Hello Obie,

Sorry but i dont understand what you mean by proper CV? My wife started work on 15/07/2015 and i summited on 17/07/2015, i submitted employers letter but no payslips because she just worked for only 2days.

Derpyalrrk
Newly Registered

Post by Derpyalrrk » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi All,

A bit of background.

My husband and I submitted an EEA(FM) application and a residence card for me.

I am a Dutch national and he is Chilean, we are both working and because I am a trainee Solicitor I submitted the Application through my firm.

We just got caught by the new changes and had been married just under a month when we submitted the Application. What an uneccessarily long form to consider. I'm not even a lay person although I don't work in immigration and it took me a while to go through it.

I find it astonshing that some of you have been getting visits for a status that is simply your right to excercise. Has anyone ever refused these visits? Also what the hell are they doing asking for such invasive questions like, when did you meet and when did you decide to get married?

Application sent 30/03/2015
COA dated 2/04/2015 received 09/04/2015

Holiday photos, marriage certificate and utility bills to prove we live together were sent across with the application.

I called the home office last month and was told that I could not check up on the status and the reasoning for it was that it would take time away from dealing with Applications. Ridiculous!

Will not be asking for the passports back.

Good luck to you all, I am watching this forum closely.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:22 pm

kristo wrote:
Obie wrote:I believe a new application will be unnecessary.

Write and inform them that you have not been provided a proper CV, and that you intend to make a claim for damages in the event of you loosing on the right to work.

Hello Obie,

Sorry but i dont understand what you mean by proper CV? My wife started work on 15/07/2015 and i summited on 17/07/2015, i submitted employers letter but no payslips because she just worked for only 2days.

I meant ID and contract of employment.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

rousseau
Newly Registered

Post by rousseau » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi all,

I am a family member of a EEA national.

I currently have a residency card on my passport that will expire in two years.

My wife that was working, stop last year while on maternity leave cause she wanted to study for a second master degree while taking

care of our baby. She is receiving child tax credit.

I am working full time. we've informed HMRC of my wage and we just received a letter from HMRC saying that we will receive WTC (on my wife's name).

My question is : will that affect my case when in two years I will apply for Permanent Residence? I have heard that I shouldn't claim any public fund otherwise they will not renew my residency card.
We also have a discount on our Council Tax.

Thanks very much for your help.